main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Ms. Marvel [Disney+ series] (Click thread to embiggen)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Gamiel, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Yep, definitely.

2. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Not sure it's an Easter egg if you spotlight it in a scene like that and then proceed to have an entire action scene set with it as the backdrop ;).

4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    So basically the
    Noor dimension is not unlike the Dark Dimension as far as energy.

Yup, digging Red Dagger (including his dreaminess) :p, couldn’t care less about the villains though.

Really enjoy most of the women in this show.

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    What's funny is, in re: Red Dagger is that Aramis Knight is a terrific young actor (see: Bean, in Ender's Game) but annoyed the crap out of me in Into the Badlands (where he was just a whiny bitch most of the time); Red Dagger is, thus far, leaning more towards the latter but (again) I'll wait for the end... :p

Jedi Merkurian and Master_Lok like this.
  6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I really liked this week's ep. It was the little details that sold it, like the guy on the plane in the middle pulling up his paper while Kamala and her Mum go at it. Then they land and it kicks off between Mum and Gran....

The handling and the legacy of the partition is interesting here too. It's not an area that gets much attention in the UK, or not that I recall.

7. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    It gets none.

Half my fam is Pakistani, it gets none from them either

8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    It got a bit of attention in Doctor Who, which dedicated an episode to partition, and the Doc's companion and love interest got to travel back in time to spend some time with her ancestors just as partition was about to happen.
    Admittedly DW is the only British programme that I watch regularly.

9. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    In fairness to historians, I’m sure there are plenty of atrocities the British did on the Subcontinent that don’t get mentioned either.

10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    That Doc Who ep was 2018. Which was a surprise, easy to forget how big the gaps between series are.

Thena likes this.
  11. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I’m gonna actually give my first complaint of the series…
    The editing during the action scenes in ep 4 was not good. Very jumpy and abrupt. The action scenes are by far the weakest element of what is a near perfect show.

Apart from that, the character driven moments and comedy were perfect yet again. And I like Red Dagger!

12. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Between this, Picard, and Stranger Things, its been nice seeing cast-members from Into the Badlands show up in other stuff.

EDIT: and yes, totally agree that Aramis Knight’s character in ITB was ridiculously annoying. One of the most satisfying moments in that series was when he tried to talk smack on the Season 3 villain, invoked his “Ultimate Power of Badassery,” (which, up to that point, really was ultimate and badass) and my dude was like “Nah, son. Take a seat!”

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    dp4m likes this.
  13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Don't forget The Equalizer (and I haaaated her character on ITB, and love her there).

Who was in Stranger Things?

And Orla Brady needs to be in everything...

The2ndQuest likes this.
  14. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    An absolutely amazing episode, by far the best episode of the series so far and definitely among my favourites of all the MCU shows so far. Oscar-winning director Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy has definitely done an astonishingly good job with the last two episodes.
    I never thought we'd get such an extensive look at the history of Kamala's family and how they lived through the Partition. It was thoughtfully well done and it seems to have so much respect for the culture it portrays. The fact that the two most recent episodes were directed by a Pakistani filmmaker is really a testament to the respect for other cultures the MCU has been actively demonstrating in the last couple of years, and I'm all for it.
    Really can't wait for the season finale... and for Kamala's further adventures in the MCU.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The way they killed off the bad Djinn kinda looked like failed Terrigenesis.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
    Rew, The2ndQuest , Master_Lok and 3 others like this.
  16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    So there were definitely answers and some big resolution this episode, but it seemed kind of like 2 short episodes combined together, and the resolution was a little anticlimactic in my opinion.

Is it one episode left?

Sarge likes this.
  17. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Yeah just the finale

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This felt like the finale except for the bit at the end.

Sarge likes this.
  19. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I think there's one more thing they have to show

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    It felt at the start like they were going to devote the whole episode to flashbackery which you can get away with in longer episode count seasons but really difficult to get away with for a 6 episode series but it turned out it was only half of the episode, and it was the best bit with when Kamala leads her baby Grandma to find her father was very well done and emotional. Second half was sort of more standard Marvel stuff, world ending threat with lots of glowy lights, and it kind of felt like they were rushing the alien people plotline to a resolution, like really rushed it feels as it only started halfway through episode 3 and ended at the end of episode 5. (and the VFX when they turned into stone and then skulls falling apart wasn't that great considering how much better the FX are in rest of the show). But the first half is grand enough with emotional pathos to give it a pass. Then Kamala's romantic interest gets superpowered upgrade which felt a wee bit like Moon Knight's final episode. Had to turn on the subs at the end but Burno said before everything exploded "You have powers too?"

Anyway that felt like it was wrapping up the alien baddies plot and then the final episode will be Kamala's big Ms Marvel break out of her newly powered friend from Damage Control which could be great (and whatever plotlines left in Jersey that hasn't been mentioned the last 2 episodes).

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
  21. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Next episode Kamala goes back to 2015 to rescue Pakistani schoolchildren from a US drone strike.

22. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    This is a fun read.
    ‘Ms. Marvel’ Takes Viewers Away From the Bombarding MCU Action — And That’s a Great Thing
    I especially liked this part:

This might be part of the reason I've enjoyed the show so much. It is, at heart, a very relatable story because, deep down, we're more invested in her own struggle for self-discovery and learning about the history of her family than we are with anything else. At least some of us are.

Rew, Arwen Sith and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  24. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I really liked the
    grandmother-mom-daughter
    dynamic in episode 5. In fact, the Khan family stuff -excluding all the
    djinn
    business, is what I enjoy about the show. I hope more of the cast follow Iman deeper into the MCU.

25. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I finally sat through an entire episode and realized that the endless end credits graphics and music are the best parts of the series. Skip to the end credits for the real heart of the show seems like a terrible thing to say about it, but I mean it as a genuine compliment. Ok show. World class end credits.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022