main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MS Update MSU/ATB 04/01 - We are moving!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Skiara , Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I see a Mynock circling behind me, Kassie. [face_worried]

I want my username to be Jaden. Just Jaden, no 1138. Is that possible? The person who is "Jaden" has not logged on in 3 years. Pleeeaaaassssse? [face_batting]

2. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    End of an era.

3. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    OMG have we moved yet OMG

4. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Yes, because we said that the move would happen in the next couple of days.....

5. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    Well it is now April 2...

Are we REALLY moving?

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Maybe this was not revealed to be an April Fool's Joke yet... because it wasn't one. :p

7. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    We've been trying to tell you!

8. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Congratulations :) (along with the handful of other people who have said similar things)

9. Ekkostar

Ekkostar Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Well, the announcement is still up on 4/2, so I imagine it probably is true.
    I've been on and off this site since 2005 mostly browsing. Except for a few frequently visited areas, I sometimes have trouble navigating the pages, so if this "upgrade" is true, then I'll stop accidentally going into locked boards with the strikethroughs on all the topics (One of the Lit sub forums comes to mind).

10. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    The whole MSU/ATB is true:

Some mods are away.
    We are moving.
    Games are looking for players.
    Jedi-Con starts tomorrow.

In short that is. ;) :)

11. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Two things Dingo...

1) Please remove the sand from your private area and laugh a little. It was a joke I am sure this move won't happen anytime soon if it even happens at all. I don't know if you noticed this yet but every post I have made about this move has been a joke. If you thought otherwise please see a physician immediately a CAT scan is necessary.

&

B) vB does not have that restriction. As for that...yeah anyway. If we are transferring everything from here to there then it won't matter if they have that restriction or not. It is locked in place. Having_underscores or-dashes now won't change having them there if the plan is to just copy/paste what is here to there.

I hope that the Mod-minz take this the distant so we move to a new board system, then move back here. THAT would be the awesome-est April Foolz joke I have seen in my tenure here.

12. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    You might want to check out the new thread.

13. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Good Maker, there are socks even I've forgotten about. :p

14. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I know. ;) :p

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    No. Having direct access to the database does allow for things like changing usernames, etc. I'm not saying that we'll do that, however.

16. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah I saw the new thread already Grimby and posted in it too. Both probably before you even saw my post in here. But like you said you all have no idea when it is gonna happen. I am skeptical about when it will happen myself. If it is as serious and massive as you say I see it taking a while to figure out the details, after all it wouldn't be smart to just fly by the seat of your pants on this one.

17. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Guess I saw that coming after all.

18. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Indeed you did. :) I think besides you, the only other person who posted anything to that effect was Jacen.

Believe me, we've already been planning for two weeks now, and since we already did this once before, we know what needs to be done. We know what we're doing, so hopefully this transition will go as smoothly as possible.

You may be skeptical about when this is going to happen, but in all seriousness, prepare for this board to be shut down as soon as IGN does their data export. As soon as we know when that is going to happen, we will make sure you know as well.

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Thanks. What do I win? [face_laugh]

20. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Not an inch. :p

21. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I trust you Grimby, I trust you with my life. I would ask the rest of you to follow my lead here.

22. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    With the move away from IGN can we have a spoiler tag and a strikethrough tag? I asked about this a while ago but I thought I'd ask about it again as I don't think we could do it while still on IGN.

Edit: I would also like to raise the point of PM lists and sending several identical PMs to people on a list to inform them when a fanfic has been updated. It doesn't have to be a board feature just as long as we can do it automatically somehow.

23. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    Gotta agree we you, more HTML functions would be nice. And better image support.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Again - shiny new features may be implemented, but only *after* we get the new board running properly. I am sure you would like to keep your posts, threads, watched user lists etc, more than you'd like image support.

25. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    While I agree that some of this would be nice, its something we'll look at AFTER the move is completed. Not now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.