main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Multi-Fandom] Drabble Squadron (1/26: "Synchronicity" (Sapphire & Steel))

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Poe Drabbleron, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Poe Drabbleron

Poe Drabbleron Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Coniugium Sine Prole, Dies Veluti Sine Sole
    Fandom: Married with Children

Marcy peered silently at the fortune from her cookie, her brow furled. "It helps if you add 'between the sheets' to what it says," Peg suggested.

"I don't think that's going to help with this one," said Marcy. "It says, 'A marriage without children is like a day without sun.'"

Kelly nodded thoughtfully. "Maybe if you don't it at the end. How about, 'A marriage without children between the sheets is like a day without sun'?"

"I have to leave," Marcy muttered before she rushed from the Bundy home.

"Was it something I said?" asked Kelly, but Peg just shrugged.

2. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Vino Venusque Nocent
    Fandom: Fireball XL5

"I am so sorry, Steve!" Dr. Venus wailed. "I don't know how this happened! I am such a klutz sometimes!" She dabbed at the Chardonnay running down his face, careful to avoid any of the pieces of bottle that looked like they might be embedded. "Let me go get my medical kit. Do you want me to grab you a spare uniform? How will I ever get that one clean?"

He grasped her wrist, surprising her into silence. "There is one thing I want from you," he said. "I want you to get another wine bottle and smack me again."

3. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Surgit Amari Aliquid
    Fandom: Doctor Who
    Doctor: Sixth

Peri winced as the glob on her plate bubbled and burbled worryingly. "Is it... is it alive?" she asked. "I think it might be alive."

"Of course it's not alive!" the Doctor snapped. "That's just the gasses inside reacting with each other." He stabbed at his own with a fork; the glob made a flatulent noise and deflated just a bit. "This," he continued, "is one of the greatest delicacies in the universe. Don't be so dismissive!"

Reluctantly, she poked at her glob and took a bite, chewing thoughtfully until he added, "Of course, there is the horrifically bitter aftertaste."

4. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
    Fandom: The Avengers (UK)

"When you woke this morning, did you expect the world would be ending like this?"

Steed set his bowler and brolly on a small table near the front door and walked further into the foyer. "I'm still not expecting it."

Colonel Blomp still had not stopped staring out the wide bay window. "An optimist, eh? Once upon a time, I'd have admired the trait. Far too much water's passed under far too many bridges for that. Probably all frozen now, of course."

"Well," Steed said, "it is January, after all."

Now the Colonel really did pivot to face Steed. "Really?"

pronker likes this.
  5. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Sic Corruit Crustulum
    Fandom: The Addams Family

Morticia shook her head sadly and sighed. She saw that a few of the other women in the neighborhood group were already doing the same out of sympathy. Interesting, she thought. Aloud, she said, "Even my husband Gomez has been eating cookies in inappropriate places lately, leaving crumbs." Yes, she was sure that sounded plausible enough.

The sympathy became vocal now, and one - Bonnie or Bridget or something - chimed in with, "That's just the worst, because then you get the bugs crawling everywhere!" Several women shuddered.

"Oh no, just the opposite," Morticia explained. "The baking tends to kill them all."

6. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
  7. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] That was the best. I could perfectly imagine that scene playing out . . .

=D=

8. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Aww, thanks.

Title: Tempus Edax Rerum
    Fandom: Sapphire and Steel

Elaine watched as the crack in the wall grew larger. "What would happen," she asked, "if we just fled now? Let this thing take the house?"

Steel replied, "Why do you think Time would stop with your house? With the power it would gain from consuming this house, it would be able to move on to consume the next. And then the next. And then the one after that. Give Time even a small foothold, and your world would be destroyed. Where would you flee to then?"

"Point taken." Elaine turned to Sapphire. "Did he just call it my world?"

9. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Et Tu, Brute?
    Fandom: LazyTown

"You?" the mayor gasped, staggering back. "How could you have betrayed me like this? How?"

"Haven't you realized yet? It's been me all along!" As his disguise fell away, the man in purple stood before the shocked townspeople.

"Robbie Rotten!" they all shouted.

"What did you do to my wife?" screamed Mayor Meanswell. "Where are you holding her?"

"I said 'all along,'" Robbie explained, "and I meant it. There was never a real Lili. Your wife was always me!"

"But we've been married thirteen years!" Meanswell wailed.

Robbie laughed. "And the two we dated before that!"

"We have three kids!"

pronker likes this.
  10. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Even without knowing the fandom, I can't .... even .... breathe ... [face_laugh]:eek:

11. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    I am not responsible for any cases of asphyxiation among people reading this thread.

Title: Amico Fido Nihil Pretiosius
    Fandom: Masters of the Universe

Skeletor rose from his thrown and looked out at his gathered henchthugs. "Minions, you've all served me loyally, some for a great many years!" He glanced over at Beast Man and Mer-Man. "Others have come along more recently. And yet, none of you have betrayed me to that-" He paused as Beast Man cleared his throat. "What now, you furry simpleton?"

Beast Man replied, "Most of us have tried selling you out at some point." The others around him nodded.

"And yet, here you all are, still in Snake Mountain and still on my side. I'm still calling that loyalty!"

pronker likes this.
  12. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Non Omnes, Qui Citharam Tenent, Citharoedi

"Well, uh, no," the Second Doctor explained to his earlier self. "When you became, um, me, I just knew how to play the recorder, somehow. Never had one lesson."

"And I can't play a note," the Third added, "but I gained other skills instead." He used Venusian aikido as he gestured toward the later incarnations. "And so on and so forth."

"And now," asked the First, incredulously, "one of these imitators plays the electric guitar, hmm?"

A voice yelled, "Imitators? I'll show you who's imitating who!" The chord echoed across the room, shaking dust loose and rattling the wooden beams.

13. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Aries
    Fandom: James Bond

Even as Bond's bundled parachute tumbled away into the ravine behind the mountain fortress, he was running across its roof to the front, uncoiling his rappelling line as he went. He peered over the edge and identified his entry point, a small balcony about halfway down.

He tied his rope to one of the carved ram's head embellishments - appropriate, he thought - along the roof on this side. Confirming the knots were secure, he leaped over and started climbing down.

He'd only descended a few yards when the ram's head shot forward several feet, very nearly shaking him off the line.

pronker likes this.
  14. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    [face_nail_biting]Love your action writing.

15. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Thanks.

Title: Est in Aqua Dulci Non Invidiosa Voluptas
    Fandom: Blake's 7

"I see," Avon snarled, "that once again, Vila, the rumours of your intoxication weren't even slightly exaggerated."

"It's not my fault!" slurred Vila, close enough to intelligibly. "That was so sweet, I didn't even notice the alcohol!"

"What was?"

Vila shrugged. "I forget what it's called, but we need to pick more up, uh, wherever." He leaned close and whispered, "I'll tell you this for free, though."

Avon lied, "I'm all ears."

"I just had the best time of my life!"

"Drinking alone in your room was the best time of your life, Vila?"

"I've had that sort of life."

pronker likes this.
  16. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Favete Linguis
    Fandom: G.I. Joe

The twins had stood on the dais for almost a minute, but the Crimson Troopers still didn't seem to have noticed.

"You know, brother," Tomax said, "I'm reminded of an old Latin phrase."

"Favete linguis?" asked Xamot.

"That's the one."

A trooper near the front, one of the few who had noticed his commanders' arrival, asked, "What does that mean, sir?"

Tomax began, "Favor us..."

"...With your tongues," his brother finished. Seeing the trooper's continued confusion, obvious even with the man's face obscured, he added, "Or, in plainer English..."

Both twins yelled, "SHUT UP!" At once, the troopers became silent.

17. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Vivimus Aliena Fiducia
    Doctor: Ninth

The Doctor stood on the street corner and turned several full circles, his arms spread wide. "Look around you, Rose Tyler! Hundreds of humans, hustling about, racing to one petty errand or another, always mere inches from so many complete strangers, never giving even a moment's thought to whatever anybody else's petty errands might be.

"And yet," he continued, "everyone here trusts implicitly that everyone else is playing by more or less the same rules. Because otherwise, all this breaks down, and everything grinds to a complete halt. How about it, Rose? Want to see me kick the hornets' nest?"

pronker likes this.
  18. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Non Est Fumus Absque Igne
    Fandom: The X-Files

Assistant Director Skinner glared at the man loitering in the corner of his office, just puffing away and observing. For years now, this interloper had disrupted his life, all because of some perverse obsession with Fox Mulder. And yet, today as in all his previous visits, he quietly waited for Mulder and Scully to go off on their latest case before his sprang his other sick hobby.

"That one," the man said, nodding toward the old guy wheeling in the morning doughnut cart.

"Why must you always destroy somebody's career? I'm not firing Frank, especially not this close to retirement!"

19. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Okay, I'm familiar with the fandom, but not that familiar. The show's been off the air a while.:D So CSM destroyed careers by random? :confused:

20. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    The expression translates to "There's no smoke without fire," so I gave him a fun new hobby. [And yeah, the pun only works in English. I don't care.]

Title: Lacrima Nihil Citius Arescit
    Fandom: How I Met Your Mother

Marshall dropped sullenly into the booth and was crying again within seconds. Even Barney was tearing up a little.

"I can't believe he's gone," Robin said.

"One second," Marshall added, "you're best friends without a care in the world. The next... I still don't understand how Ted could just die like that!"

Kids, I wasn't really dead, but you probably already guessed that, hadn't you? I'd been out of the country when the explosion occurred.

Ted set his suitcases down. "Marshall, Lily, would you please scoot over so I can sit?"

Marshall snapped, "Ted, can't you see we're mourning you?"

21. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Difficile Custoditur, Quod Plures Amant
    Fandom: 30 Rock

"There is no aspect of my life," Jack Donaghy declared suddenly, "that isn't coveted by others." He stepped around the desk so Liz could see the rest of his bespoke suit. "My job and wealth, of course, but see these shoes, Lemon? Do you know how many people have tried to steal them just in the past three days? Four."

Liz asked, "The way you say that, is this a good thing or a bad thing?"

"To have what others desire? It's the only thing worth having. Think about it; there's a reason nobody's tried to steal your life, Lemon."

22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    :oops::rolleyes: - but that truly is a perfect snippet of Jack and Liz. :p

As always, this was a wonderful bit of dialogue and characterization. =D=

23. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Thanks.

Title: Fructus Amicitiae Magnae Cibus
    Doctor: Third

The Doctor watched his wine swirl in the glass. "As I was saying to Catherine the Great..."

"Not to drop names or anything," Sarah Jane interjected.

"One of the inevitabilities of travelling through history, Miss Smith, is becoming acquainted with a great many historical figures, and not just ones from your world, you know. Is it really so wrong to mention one occasionally in conversation?"

"I guess not," she admitted. "But why does it seems like you only ever reminisce about the kings and queens and famous people?"

He leaned close. "Because they have all the best food and wine."

pronker likes this.
  24. Poe Drabbleron

Dec 29, 2015
    Title: Non Omnis Calceus Convenit Cuilibet Pedi
    Fandom: World of Warcraft

Jenae tapped her hoof impatiently. "What do you mean, they could fit either of us?"

"I mean," the mage replied, peering into the chest, "that the boots in here could fit you or Miervra."

The two paladins glanced at each other. Miervra asked, "How can that be? I'm a dwarf, and she's a draenei."

"They stretch, duh. Just like this tunic that can fit a gnome or a night elf. I mean, if you're a monster hoarding a bunch of armor pieces in some distant castle or cave, you'll want stuff that's adaptable, right?"

Jenae said, "That makes no sense."

25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Hee hee, I like the WOW one, but the Doctor Who one right before had me chuckling outright. I loved the punch line to that one! [face_laugh] =D=