main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Multi fandom] Drokk, that was brutal [UDC VIII drabbles - completed]

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Sith-I-5, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    One of my favourite shows too, though I am several seasons behind on dvd.

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    This is probably one of my favourite sets so far. I'm hit and miss with watching Criminal Minds, but I know enough to know that this scenario is hilarious. You did a great job capturing everyone's voices - Reid's especially.

Laugh was the best for me. Yes, the things you can't say in front of children! :oops:[face_laugh]

3. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    WEEK XV

Theme: Desperation has set in. I'm just grinding out my five hundred words.
    Just watched first two episodes of 1960s Gerry Anderson seriesU.F.O..

FIRST

The first call came from SID, the orbital wholly automated satellite, "UFO detected. Blue Sector. Yellow Alert."

At the moonbase, no explanation needed there, a purple-wigged lass informed the astronauts, "Interceptor Pilots. Immediate launch."

The pilots added helmets to their blue jumpsuits, jumped feet first into chutes in the wall, and went down smooth slides that took them directly into their missile craft, bulbous-nosed, one-person vessels.

All three lifted off and headed in formation on an intercept course with the vastly faster alien vessel, which was a spinning triangular chrome shape when it did get near enough to be visible.

IMPRESSIONS

Well, UFOs know how to make an impression, don't they?

Three nuclear explosions in space bracket the thing, launched from the interceptors, and it is through, heading to Earth.

"Moonbase to SHADO Control." The lass calles Earth, where SHADO - Supreme Headquarters Alien Defense Organisation - could do with a heads up.

"Did you get it?" Colonel Straker asks urgently, from his subterranean base.

"Well they didn't get it last time." Captain Blackadder cameos. "Or the time before that. Or the seventeen times before that!"

"You shut up. I'm talking to Moonbase. Lieutenant Ellis? Gail?"

"No sir, we didn't get it."

Shocker.

SAFER

"Alright, thanks Gail. We'll take it from here." Straker advises, signing off. He turns to the communications bod, whom he had abraded in the pilot episode for doing a fuel order under 'Security Code B', whatever that meant. Blimey, he gave the bloke a mouthful. "Have all radar stations look out for the alien spacecraft. I'll feel safer knowing where it is heading."

"Yes sir." The man made vague motions, pressed some buttons, but waited for the micro-manager to go back to his office, then carried out the orders.

Cue model shots of slowly spinning radar dishes.

Nice work there.

CHECK

"There's the little *******!" SID checked itself, returning to the usual slow hollow voice. "I mean, um, Red. Alert. Alien spacecraft detected. Approaching Atlantic Ocean from the South West."

"Colonel?"

Straker looked up from his desk, at Brenda's voice. "Yes?"

"UFO sighted, Sir. It is heading for the Atlantic Ocean from the South West."

"Alert Skydiver." Straker ordered, referring to the SHADO submarine that had a jetfighter docked on the front, and could launch it from underwater, a bit like how a nuclear submarine launches a ballistic missile.

"Yes sir."

[Ext. shot of the UFO spinning gaily above white fluffy clouds.]

LAST

Ooh darn, this is the last drabble.

Cut to Skydiver's stubby olive-green jetfighter, banking over the clouds towards the flying top.

A missile shoots out from under a wing, directly hitting the thing with a small explosion, the spinning a bit wobbly and belching orange smoke. It falls below the clouds, and crashlands in the woods of Canada.

Luckily close to Lexington Air Base, where SHADO despatches one of its transport planes, offloading grey, caterpillar-tracked vehicles called SHADO Mobiles, which trundle slowly between the trees, attentive searchers looking through the windscreens at the forest outside, looking for the crashed craft.

pronker and Emperor Ferus like this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I have seen numerous Gerry Anderson shows. This one not but it sounds fun with your dribbles
    Great set

5. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    I don't think I watched this one, but my parents did. Anyway, I enjoyed your very visual take on these scenes. Hang in there! Alsoalso, this made me look up Anderson's other shows and relive the glory days of Supermarionation via Fireball XL5 that enlivened my childhood.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you for reading, Emperor Ferus , earlybird-obi-wan , pronker, and thank you, pronker for saying what you liked; the feedback is appreciated. :p

Here is the U.F.O. opening sequence with the great, perhaps even iconic music:

pronker likes this.
  7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I haven't even heard of this show before these drabbles, but I love how much action you were able to include in 500 words with it still being easy to follow - that's quite the feat! The opening line of Last had me cracking up; you may have felt desperation as a writer, but these were still really clever to read. Well done. :D =D=

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    WEEK XVI

Theme: More U.F.O., but with subcontractors.

MOUNTAIN

Hand over gloved hand, securing pitons into fissures in the lichen-dotted rockface, the two ISIS agents ascended the mountain, aiming to reach the flat ledge above them.

Lana Kane hauled herself over the lip, pulling her two backpacks up after her, and gratefully rolled onto her back.

Moments later, metal and cloth against stone pre-empted Archer's gloved hand appearing at the edge, followed by his head, then he too, pulled himself up, kneeling next to her form with his own pack hanging from his belt.

"Thanks for helping me up, Lana." He complained sarcastically.

"No problem." She acknowledged, tiredly. "Anytime."

RIVER

Archer noticed the flash of colour behind a nearby rock, and focused on the head and shoulders of a bipedal form in a slick orange spacesuit, and astronaut-like helmet.

"Oh hey!" Archer spoke up, showing that he meant no harm.

Lana sat up, spying the citrus-coloured figure.

"Stirling Archer and Lana Kane, up-

She tried to head off his revealing their intentions, "Archer! Dadadadada!"

"-here hunting for a crashed UFO."

Lana rolled away from the spurts of bullet hits travelling along the ground between her and Archer, stopping with a view of a river glistening in the valley far below.

TREE

The spacesuit ducked behind the rock as Archer returned fire, with his Walther PPK handgun chipping stone from it.

Behind him, Lana pulled one of her packs to her, pulling it between her legs and frantically unzipping it to get to her machine pistols.

"Lana, stay down." Archer advised, counting his rate of fire to ensure he did not run out.

"Ya think? There isn't even a tree up here for us to hide behind." She pulled one of her TEC-9s out of the pack, then got a magazine for it out of a side pouch, and slapped it in.

EARTH

"Who knew that saving the Earth would be this difficult?" Archer dropped to his elbows and knees, still facing the rock.

"And who knew that you would reveal our plan the moment you made First Contact, Idiot?" Lana countered, her weapon aimed over Archer's head at the rock, while he shuffled on his belly towards it. "You think he's still there?"

"Soon find out."

The fishbowl helmet popped into view, ready to fire, instead getting a spray from Lana's weapon. Silver gloves covered the opaque faceplate, and the figure fell back.

Lana covered Archer as he glanced behind the rock.

HORIZON

"Okay, he's down." Archer reported. "Oh wait, we've found the UFO too." Standing, the agent pulled a satellite phone. "SHADO Control from Archer. Found your UFO for you."

"Good work. Now drop that beacon so we have somewhere to aim the missile. Get of that mountain."

"Copy." Archer set the beacon and unfurled his furry squirrel costume, complete with Squirrel Nutkin head, and massive furry tail.

Carrying the head, Archer found Lana wearing hers, a flying suit with membranes which would let her glide from the mountainside to the horizon.

"Not THAT kind of 'squirrel suit'!" She admonished.

"I know!"

pronker likes this.
  9. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Set 16 Archer animated TV show?

The I...S agents? ls that the name of the agent the animated Archer works for?

There's action and there's comedy. Pretty good stuff

Sith-I-5 and pronker like this.
  10. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Carrying the head, Archer found Lana wearing hers, a flying suit with membranes which would let her glide from the mountainside to the horizon.

:D Now this is priceless ... loved the guest stars!

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you. :)

The limitations of drabbles: Lana's two packs were because she brought His'n'Hers' suits, knowing what he's like, but I did not have enough words to say so.

pronker likes this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    intense action and adventure in these five. Love how they squireled and argued

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    DARTH_MU - The agents worked for the International Secret Intelligence Service for the first four seasons of the show, then had to discontinue when a real life ISIS turned up and gave it a bad name.

pronker likes this.
  14. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    That is sad. The Shazam/Isis Hour from the mid-70s is similarly tainted for kids of that era, I guess.

15. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Some days I just want to change the user name here to Mu Tryles. You know Mu Try Less.

sigh[/quote]

pronker likes this.
  16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    WEEK XVII

Theme: Doctor Who.

HISTORY

Amy could feel the history around her as she and the Doctor wandered around the Asteroid of the Headless Monks cathedral museum, standing close to and over sealed glass boxes, with her companion teaching about the contents, such as this metal ingot with alien letter shapes carved into it.

"High Gallifreyan. There were times, young Amy, when such words could raise armies." The Doctor advised with reverance.

"And what does this one say?" She enquired about the one between them.

She raised an eyebrow as his sudden bashfulness. Before she could pin him down about that, he translated:

"Hello, Sweetie."

WRITE

The 13th Doctor reached the TARDIS, opening the door with the key that had materialised into her open palm.

Inside, she cocked her head as new information made itself available.

One of her earlier incarnations had passed a computer disc to an ally on Earth, to erase all information on the Doctor, because, according to River, he was becoming too big. And not having to book two seats on British Airways, "too big".

It appeared that she would have to do that again, but this time, the virus would have to erase nude and saucy images of Jodie Whittaker, actress.

ARCHIVE

"The Delirium Archive," pronounced the 12th Doctor as he re-visited the cathedral, waving one arm towards the high, stained-glass windows. "Last resting place of the Headless Monks."

Kate Todd grimaced as she followed the old fellow, glad to see him no longer in that old sea fort. "Knowing the Monks by reputation, Doctor, I would have thought that their last resting place would be a mine field."

The Doctor turned to smile down upon her. "Oh, Caitlin. Perhaps the Archives were built upon that minefield."

She looked away, thoughtfully. "If that were the case, I would expect more broken windows."

ARTIFACT

It is the Last Great Time War, and a Time Lord enters the Forbidden Weapon Archive.

"The Artifact." Rassilon breathes as he runs a hand along the cylinder.

"Do you two want a room?" Guard Tymon enquires.

Guard Daz steps in: "Okay! This one collapses the DNA of any target across a star sector."

"But why is its use forbidden?" Rassilon asks, glancing at the speaker.

"Ah, the small print. Every Time Lord and Time Lady will have their genders reversed during their next few regenerations."

Rassilon grins. "Well, the Sisterhood of Karn will have to make some new arrangements!"

MEMORY

"I cannot remember her." The Doctor twanged a note on his guitar as he sat before the brunette waitress in her starched blue uniform, and chin cupped in hand. "The name, Clara, is all I have."

He looked around. "This place looks familiar though. I met River, Amy and Rory here. River slapped me." He paused. "Not seen my special straw in a while."

"You have a special straw?" The waitress enquired.

"Yes. Makes the milkshakes extra bubbly." He looked down at the guitar. "But why Clara? There are plenty of memories that I would rather forget. Like losing Adric."

pronker likes this.
  17. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Write

ROFL

Archive

Kate... *sniffs*

Memory

No. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOH

18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This was a great set! I'm sorely behind on Doctor Who, but having a female Doctor coming up is intriguing me - I'm going to have to give the fandom another go. Anyway, you have a wonderful knack for dialogue and characters' voices, again. I particularly enjoyed History for the punchline - and Artifact had me snickering. Oh Rassilon. :rolleyes: :p

This was another fantastic set. Keep up the good work! :) =D=

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A great set showing the new female Doctor Who

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you all for commenting.

WEEK XVIII

Theme: NCIS, Thunderbirds.

AIR

Tony and Kate look up as Gibbs gets off the phone and stands from his desk. "Grab your gear. Captain of the USN Sentinel just tried to shoot down a craft of the International Rescue organisation."

Both agents trail Gibbs to the lift.

"Is the Sentinel coming into dock, Boss?" Tony asks.

"She's out on an exercise. We'll have to get there by air."

"Oh great." Caitlin grimaces. "That was so much fun last time."

As the lift seals, Tony demonstrates his learned fleet knowledge. "The Sentinel isn't an aircraft carrier, Kate. We won't be getting a plane to her."

LIFE

Kate felt like she was taking her life in her hands as the helicopter banked sharply over the sleek grey vessel that was the Sentinel missile cruiser.

An array of six angled launch gantries, two rows of three, are on a flat area of deck behind the conning tower.

She could see crew personnel in their different coloured tabards running towards the bow, presumably to secure her "helo".

The craft levelled out and slowly descended, until she felt the floor press up against her, and the helicopter settled.

Light flooded the passenger area as the side door was slid aside.

HAIR

Gibbs looks untouched by the harsh weather as he stepped out onto the deck, the chopper's rotors still turning slowly overhead.

Tony shaded his eyes from the myriad broken glares reflecting off the sea, whilst a chill wind whipped at Kate's hair once she removed her helmet and handed it back to the flight crew.

Behind them, there were metal on metal sounds as the deck people hooked securing lines to the aircraft wheels.

Kate was gratified to see that, as it probably meant they would not be staying long.

"Or," Tony said, seeing her expression, "they might be refuelling."

CONVICTION

"You cannot put this on me, Agent Gibbs!" Captain Jensen retorted with some conviction, after the agents settled on the visitor chairs in his cramped Ready Room, adjacent to the Bridge.

"Oh really?" Gibbs raised a stern grey eyebrow. "You shot down Thunderbird Two."

"Well, I didn't know that! It was too fast for a known military aircraft, and too slow for a missile."

"Was it coming towards the Sentinel?" Tony enquired.

"At first, but it veered off."

"Before or after you fired at it?"

The captain waved a hand. "Before. Several minutes before."

"So you were not under threat?"

SUNSHINE

The sunshine coming through the window behind Captain Jensen, silhouetted him for a long moment, indicating that the ship was on the move, and turning, with his shadow hitting the bulkhead to his right, and travelling along it.

Kate piped up. "Do you normally fire upon unidentified aircraft that are no threat to you?"

"Not without permission, no. But Central Control said to treat the unidentified aircraft as hostile."

Gibbs looked up from his notebook. "Any witness to that?"

"My First Officer, Layton. He has the Bridge."

Gibbs glanced towards his junior. "Tony."

"Boss." Tony stood and headed next door.

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love your pairing of NCIS and Thunderbirds
    The NCIS characters are spot on

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you.

I was conscious that none of my sets so far had covered NCIS, despite me being a fan.

At least for the first drabble, this crossover was the only idea I had for days.

23. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    I don't know NCIS, but it was fun to see Thunderbirds once more in all their clunky glory![face_party]

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I happen to be the opposite of pronker, knowing NCIS but not these Thunderbirds! :p However, you really do have the NCIS voices spot on - especially between Tony and Gibbs! This was a really interesting scenario, and I loved your descriptions of the military vessels and tech - you really made your story flow across all five prompts. A feat for a hundred words! :) =D=

Sith-I-5 and pronker like this.
  25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    WEEK XIX

Theme: Coming to the end, so using properties that we have never used here, or have never heard of: Stargate Atlantis, SG-1, Flash Forward, Valerian and the City of A Thousand Planets.

BANTER

"Chevron Seven...locked." Doctor McKay at the Atlantis base announced to the whosh of the water-like energy of the stargate fountaining horizontally into the Gate Room just below the Ops Deck, then settling into a silvery puddle held in by the stone ring. "Sending IDC." That would advise Stargate Command, back in the home galaxy, who was coming. "No response to IDC."

"What have you done now, Rodney?" Major Sheppard enquired of the Canadian genius.

"Why do you assume that I've done something?" McKay complained.

Standing nearby, Elizabeth Weir, a slim administrator in a tight maroon t-shirt, listened to their banter.

ACCUSE

"We'll have to send a MALP through." Sheppard decided, thirty minutes later.

"Oh, and how are we supposed to do that?" McKay queried, dismissively.

The spiky-haired pilot eyed McKay. "I'm hearing a question, but feeling an accusation."

"And what am I accusing you off?"

"Being stupid?"

"You said it. Not me."

Sheppard shifted his P-90 sidearm. "Could shoot you." He paused. "Tell me why I'm being stupid."

The scientist waved at the stargate. "The SGC has it's protective iris up, and we would be disintegrated if we materialised as we smashed into it. Wouldn't that happen to the MALP too?"

OFFEND

Back on Earth, at Stargate Command under the Cheyenne Mountain, the staff would feel somewhat offended in an hour's time, but for now, everyone, every floor, every room; every person was laid out unconscious.

In the corridors, in the lifts, across or under desks.

In Medical, a white-coated medic had fallen across an occupied bed, her head facedown in the bedclothes tenting the 'v' of her patient's legs; but he was too unconscious to notice himself.

The scene was repeated in every city, population centre, and every transport link across the world.

Fires, and palls of smoke, dotted the landscape.

COMPLIMENT

In one of the US cities, at a traffic intersection, a lot of vehicles had crashed, pedestrians and passengers unconscious either on the sidewalks, or within vehicles.

Two individuals though, were walking among the carnage.

A blonde girl in a gingham minidress and sneakers; and her partner, a dark-haired boy in a crumpled open shirt and cargo shorts, following on behind.

"We didn't do this, did we, Valerian?" The girl asked as she gingerly stepped through a carpet of broken glass.

Valerian didn't answer, pushing a plucked flower into her hair. "You look pretty, Lauraline." He complimented with a smile.

[​IMG]

Agents Valerian and Laureline on another world

CONFIDE

"Thanks." She produced a handheld sensor, and thought about confiding that she knew about his history with females, then decided better of it. "Something caused this unconscious phenomenon."

A kangaroo hopped into sight, glanced at them, then departed.

"And doesn't affect all lifeforms." Valerian noted, having turned to look. "And no, we didn't cause this."

"This is worldwide, and I'm trying to scan for the epicentre. The source."

Valerian glanced at her, then at her scanner. "Anything?"

"A population centre called Chicago is coming up." She reported, looking at her device' screen. "Zeroing in on an arena of some type."

earlybird-obi-wan and pronker like this.