main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Multi-Fandom] It's a Drabble! (12/31: "The Giving of Thanks" (Guardians of the Galaxy))

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Admiral Drabblar, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Admiral Drabblar

Admiral Drabblar Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: High Priority
    Fandom: Mission: Impossible

Ethan sat down and opened the laptop. It came on immediately, and he leaned forward for the retinal scan as he said the week's code phrase, "I liked him better as Remington Steele."

The familiar voice came on. "Ethan Hunt, your mission, should you choose to accept it is-"

"To be taller!" cut in a now voice. This one was much younger and sounded less than completely sober. He and another, similar voice were chuckling at the joke.

"Yeah," the second voice agreed, slurring slightly. "Can't you at least try for six feet? Is that too much to ask for?"

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Liked the comment about Remington Steel too. [face_mischief]

3. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Blue Steel
    Fandom: Beyond Belief

Frank downed his drink and shouted, "No! This is where I draw the line! I've let all sorts of supernatural beasties and baddies traipse through this apartment with nary a word of complaint!"

"I wouldn't exactly say that, darling," corrected Sadie.

"Fine, honey, with many a word of complaint. But traipse through they did, and now I'm putting my foot down! See it? Down it's going!" He stamped decisively.

Sadie clapped. "I love it when you get all forceful!" They clinked glasses.

"And why am I putting it down? Because I specifically said supernatural, and androids absolutely are not supernatural!"

4. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Gag Reflex
    Fandom: Star Trek: Voyager

The Doctor looked up from the reports on his desk as yet another crewmember staggered in. "Doctor," she said, raising her arm, "it hurts when I do this."

He calmly rose from his seat and walked toward her. "Then don't do that," he replied flatly. When he was close enough, he jabbed her in the arm with a hypo. Seconds, later, she was out cold, and he was dragging her toward one of the few remaining unoccupied beds.

"Then," he explained, "comes an overwhelming urge to crack jokes, patter, do shtick."

Captain Janeway asked, "They become shticky?"

He sighed sadly.​

Sith-I-5 and Admiral Volshe like this.
  5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I like Janeway :D

6. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: The Party Pooper Affair
    Fandom: The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

Illya quietly sat in the corner, where he repeatedly disassembled and reassembled his gun. Though he appeared to be ignoring the party going on around him, he was carefully noting every person in attendance, what they'd been doing and how much they'd been drinking.

At the moment, his attention was on a large man who'd barely interacted with anyone all evening and who hadn't touched a drop of alcohol.

"I got him," Napoleon radioed. "Not a known THRUSH agent."

"That's just Jakey from across the hall," their hostess explained. "He's been like that since the liver transplant."

Illya just grunted.

7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Good UNCLE scene, and nice Star Trek: Voyager drabble.

8. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks. Here's another U.N.C.L.E. one.

Title: The Lightly Poached Affair
    Fandom: The Man from U.N.C.L.E. / Get Smart
    Spoilers: "The Never-Never Affair"

"Miss Stevenson," said the balding man in the doorway, "I've come up from Washington to offer you an opportunity."

She started to close the door. "Not interested."

He blocked it, leaned forward, and whispered, "We heard what happened with your uncle."

"Then you know," she said, "why I'm not interested."

"Miss Stevenson, I'm not offering to make you an agent. Yet. I'm offering an opening in our training course. You may not even make it through. But if you do, and if you join us at CONTROL, I can promise you your very own code number. How does 99 sound?"

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Good one. :)

Had to look up the "The Never-Never Affair"; great idea to pair it with that other property.

10. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    I'm sure I'm just one of thousands to make that connection. As you may be able to tell, in late August and early September, I watched the whole first season of The Man from U.N.C.L.E., and I wrote those, and that Olympic set, and a couple others during or just after that marathon. But this one's for something else.

Title: Lark's Fest
    Fandom: Doctor Who
    Doctor: Fourth

"Oh, Mrs. Wibbsey!" shouted the Doctor as he practically bounded through the door. "Come see all the wonderful presents I've brought!"

Mrs. Wibbsey continued washing dishes as she yelled back, "It's five days until Christmas! I shouldn't be seeing my presents yet, now should I?"

"Oh, well, when you put it like that..." He trailed off and pouted. "I guess it's a good thing they're already wrapped in such lovely paper!"

"I think I can withstand the suspense and wait a few more minutes!" she called back.

"I didn't know how wrong I was," Mrs. Wibbsey admitted. "How very wrong."

11. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I feel her at the end :p

12. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    At some point soon, I'm probably going to start on Season 2, and there are going to be even more of these.

Title: The Lingua Franca Affair

"Yes," Illya confirmed, "I am Russian."

"I'm not sure I believe you." Madame Jeanne held her gun loosely but still kept it aimed at his chest. "If you were really Russian, why didn't you answer with da instead of yes?"

"Because," he replied, almost but not quite yelling, "we are having this conversation in English, so I answered in English. I am more than capable of saying words like yes and no and friend without reverting every other word like some idiotic Hollywood caricature."

"Sure, oui, I believe you're Russian, Monsieur Kuryakin," she said.

Illya just shook his head sadly.

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I am more than capable of saying words like yes and no and friend without reverting every other word like some idiotic Hollywood caricature.

[face_laugh] Love it :D

14. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: Thesis in Pieces
    Doctor: Six

"Evelyn," asked the Doctor, "what's the matter?" He'd found her by the TARDIS food dispenser, staring down into her bowl of brown goop. He suspected it had looked more appetizing two hours earlier when they'd first come back from their adventure in the sixteenth century.

"Imagine spending your whole career - your whole life - championing one single thesis. Now imagine that, all that time, you're wrong." She looked up at him tears in her eyes.

"I had no idea you had a thesis about-"

"Not mine, silly!" Despite herself, Evelyn chuckled slightly. "My best friend Janette! How can I face her?"

15. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Since they're related (though written a couple weeks apart), I'll post these together.

Title: AESOP Swap
    Fandom: Danger Mouse / Secret Squirrel

Penfold set down the tray and started to pour.

A voice behind him asked, "What's this, Morocco?" Penfold turned around; Secret Squirrel leaned against the doorjamb, smiling. "Sorry, Pennyfarthing," Secret said. "I guess sometimes I have trouble telling you moles apart."

Penfold shouted, "I'm a hamster!" He silently wondered again why he'd signed up for this Animal Espionage Sidekick Outsourcing Program.

"Of course you are." Secret sniffed the air. "Is that tea? I only drink tea with my handy Caffeinalyser." He opened his coat and pulled out a device.

"Crumbs! But what's that do that a nice china cup doesn't?"

Morocco Mole huddled behind a low wall as more globs of purple gloop shot past overhead. "Secret- I mean, Danger, what invention do you want to use to get us out of this jam?"

Danger Mouse acknowledged the pun. "You almost reminded me of my regular assistant Penfold for a second there," he said. "As for which invention we're going to use, the answer's obvious." He stood heroically, one arm raised into the air, as he announced, "We'll use the greatest invention ever: our brains!" A glob of jam slammed into the side of his head.

Morocco muttered, "We're doomed."

16. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    This should be the last one, at least for a couple weeks.

Title: The Backhanded Compliment Affair

"Has anyone ever tell you, Mr. Kuryakin," the old man asked, "that you're one of the good ones?" He staggered up to Illya and practically draped himself against Illya's chest. "You are, you know!"

Illya pushed the man away, and he sprawled across the sidewalk, blocking Illya's path instead. "Yes," Illya confirmed, "though they usually do a better job of revealing what they mean. I'm one of the good what?"

"Russians!" the old man clarified. "You, my friend, are one of the good Russkies!"

Illya nodded and said, "Yes, I had a suspicion it would be something condescending like that."

17. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: The Wasted
    Fandom: Seinfeld

Elaine shook her head as she slid into the booth. "George," she hissed across the table, "are you drunk?"

"Nothing gets by you, does it?" yelled George. He swayed more than a little as he started to rise. Jerry pulled him back down, but not before Elaine got a full view of just what George wasn't wearing.

"Why," she asked, "are you naked?" She looked around the diner, but nobody else was paying them any attention.

"Because I'm that kind of drunk." He promptly passed out.

"It's true." Jerry explained, "Some people are violent drunks. George is an exhibitionist drunk."

18. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: The Choice of Fear
    Doctor: Eighth

The Doctor pondered the problem before him. However many possible outcomes there may have been once upon a time, only two remained. The Doctor reached for the first option, the one most similar to the great selections of yesteryear.

But, as ever, the Doctor paused, unable to finish. Perhaps, he thought, he needed something thematically simpler, less showy. Not truly less complicated, deep down, but more subdued.

In the end, he wondered, did it really matter? What would his earlier selves have done? Would they even have considered the implications of the choice? Would they-

"Hey, buddy! Chocolate or vanilla?"

19. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] That was a wonderful build up for the punch-line. That definitely wasn't what I was expecting. :p

=D=

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  20. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] That is awesome :D I love how long he spends pondering ice cream! Though really, it's a very important question.

21. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: For Want of a Name
    Fandom: Star Trek

The sonorous voice echoed throughout the Enterprise, working its way into every occupied corner of the ship. "You two have eluded us for many years, running, hiding like the cowards you are, but now we have finally caught you. You will not escape us this time, James Trismegistus Kirk and Alexander Spock."

On the bridge, Captain Kirk wondered aloud, "What did you say my name was?"

The sound of rustling grew louder. "Are you not James Trismegistus Kirk?"

"James Tiberius Kirk," he said.

"And as a Vulcan," added Spock, "I have just one name."

The voice swore once, then vanished.

22. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: The Sharpest Tools
    Fandom: Doctor Who / Get Smart

Clara glanced across at the two Americans tied up in the opposite corner and raised her voice as she said, "Don't act all superior, Doctor. Half the time you don't even know if I'm a man or a woman."

"It's not that I don't know," he hissed. "I just don't care."

"I know what you're going through, Clara," the American woman said. "The first time we met, it took Max how many hours to notice I was a woman?"

Clara laughed. "Seriously? Were you wearing a suit of armour?"

The man answered, "No, but she did have on a hat."

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_rofl] Superb and very unique cross-over. I can absolutely believe 99's assertion about Max's obliviousness. :p Wearing a hat?! :p

24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Nice one with the Star Trek names thing!

Poor owner of the sonorous voice. Soon as I find out what "sonorous" means, I'm adding that to my lexicon!

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Oh, poor Clara :p