main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Multi-Fandom] It's a Drabble! (12/31: "The Giving of Thanks" (Guardians of the Galaxy))

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Admiral Drabblar, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh]

That last line made this one. :p My, what an interesting world that would be!

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That was hilarious! I, too, very much enjoyed the last line :D

3. Admiral Drabblar

Admiral Drabblar Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: Otto^2
    Fandom: The Simpsons / Automan

Principal Skinner caught his mind wandering as he shook Agent Mann's hand. "Sorry," he said, "it's just that our school bus driver is also named Otto Mann."

Otto flailed as he leapt out of the driver's seat and yelled, "I'm not a federal agent! Who said I was a narc?"

"No, that's not what we said!" Lisa held up her hands. "There's a second Otto Mann at the school right now, and he's the federal agent!"

"And some kind of superhero!" added Bart.

"Is his superpower making beer come out his nose?" Otto asked. "Because then he may be me."

4. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Uneager Beaver
    Fandom: Wonderfalls

Jaye Tyler hadn't liked the idea of adding "and a half" to her age since she was eight. It had always felt like rushing toward the inevitable, like embracing that one was closer to death. She understood the need to go up one year on her actual birthday, though she didn't necessarily like it; breaking it up even further was just excessive.

"So, basically," she concluded, "if you mention it again, I will have to sock you."

Eric nodded slowly. "Good to know, thanks." He was so grateful now that he'd let Mahandra talk him out of ordering that cake.

5. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Pole Dancing
    Fandom: Ghostbusters

Egon fell back as the demon stalked toward him. Without taking his eyes off his attacker, he reached behind himself and found the metal pole he'd noticed earlier. He grabbed it and jabbed forward, catching the demon right in a very sensitive spot. Rising to his feet, Egon swung the pole back the other way and smacked the pole against one side of the demon's head, then the other.

The demon fell, and Egon twirled the pole around his arm a couple times before planting it into the ground and leaning on it.

"How?" Ray gasped. "How?"

Egon didn't answer.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  6. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That sounds awesome! :D

7. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: The Face of the Doctor
    Fandom: Doctor Who
    Doctor:Twelfth

It seemed only natural that there would be oodles of Eleventh Doctor merchandise everywhere.

Clara turned to the man beside her. "How could you allow the licensing of your image like that?" she asked.

"I didn't!" he snapped back. "It was your 'boyfriend' who did that! And since it's only his image that's being marketed nonstop, why should I care?"

They stopped in front of a display window filled with action figures of all the Doctors, up through the man staring at them. "It didn't stop at regeneration, did it?" Clara replied, a smug grin now spreading across her face.

8. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: Amid the KAOS
    Fandom: Get Smart

"How many people have died, Schmart, vhile you've been vasting our time?" Siegfried yelled.

"In here or around the whole world?" asked Max.

"Here!"

Max nodded understandingly. "KAOS people or CONTROL people?"

"KAOS people, you dummkopf! Zhis is a KAOS base, and you're ze only CONTROL agent in it!" Suddenly, Siegfried stopped nearly hopping in place and wiped at the foam dripping from his mouth. "Aren't you?"

Max was reasonably sure that whatever had been smashing its way through the base and tearing KAOS members limb from limb wasn't another CONTROL agent. Well, fairly reasonably sure. "Would you believe, maybe?"

pronker likes this.
  9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Your Max was spot on perfect here. I loved it.

=D=

10. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks.

Title: With Age Comes...
    Doctor: Fifth

The Doctor stared at his reflection in the mirror and frowned. He'd felt the effects of the Zydar beam, the unexpected ageing, the sudden addition of centuries. His Time Lord physiognomy had helped him ride through the worst, though only barely.

And yet, his reflection appeared exactly the same. He had no mass of wrinkles - not even a single one that he could say for sure was new. No greying or noticeable thinning of the hair; it wasn't even longer. "And where's the beard?" he wondered aloud. "Not even any stubble?"

He'd never felt more disappointment in all his lives.

11. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Title: The Missing Links
    Doctor: Eleventh

"There's something I'm missing!" shouted the Doctor, smacking his forehead repeatedly with the palm of his hand. "Something basic! Something obvious! Something I'm going to hate myself for missing!"

Amy leaned against the console. "You seem to be doing a pretty good job of that already, Doctor. Has hitting yourself like that ever actually helped you remember anything?"

He finally stopped as he replied, "Of course it has! Many times! I mean, I'm sure it has!" He almost started up again but caught himself. "I just can't think of any specific examples right now."

"Right," Amy said, smiling. "Thought not."

12. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    This should give you a hint about how far behind I am in posting these.

Title: The Giving of Thanks
    Fandom: Guardians of the Galaxy

"I don't understand," Gamora said.

Drax grunted, "Neither do I."

"I am Groot," agreed Groot.

Peter turned to Rocket. "What about you? Do you understand the concept of being thankful for something?"

"Listen, kid, I'm not some kind of savage. But there's one thing I'm not getting. Who're we supposed to be giving these thanks to?"

"I... I don't know," admitted Peter. "They were always sorta vague about that in school. I mainly remember Pilgrims and Indians sitting around, eating turkey."

"What is this turkey?"

"What are Pilgrims?"

"What're Indians?"

"Are they," asked Drax, "the ones we are to thank?"

pronker likes this.
  13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    "What is this turkey?"

"What are Pilgrims?"

"What're Indians?"

"Are they," asked Drax, "the ones we are to thank?"

[face_laugh][face_laugh]

Oh my dear goodness, but this one was perfect. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it. =D=

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I love it :D Especially since Peter has a kid's knowledge and memories of Thanksgiving. Awesome!

15. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Last line = =D=