main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Multifandom] "how dreaming becomes us" (50 Sentences) Table XXIV: Iron Man, up 7/28!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Mira_Jade , Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    "how dreaming becomes us"

Genre: Drama, Humor, Romance, Angst - the works
    Rating: PG
    Time Frame: Everywhere and everything
    Characters: Everyone

Summary: A collection of replies for the Fifty Sentence Challenge.

Notes: So, while planning out the upcoming tables for the year, I realized that there were quite a few fandoms that I wanted to write for. So, I stole a page from Idrelle_Miocovani's book, and decided to throw them all in one thread for the sake of my sanity and yours. :p It's going to be an interesting ride . . . [face_love]

Disclaimer: Nothing is mine, but for the words. (And the title is once again an e.e.cummings nick. [face_love])

Index:

January 2011

* Table I: Jane Eyre
    * Table II: Doctor Who
    * Table III: Gilmore Girls
    * Table IV: V for Vendetta

February 2011

* Table I: Timeline
    * Table II: Sense and Sensibility
    * Table III: Defiance
    * Table IV: Sherlock

March 2011

* Table I: Inception
    * Table II: Frankenstein
    * Table III: Julius Caesar
    * Table IV: Labyrinth

April 2011

* Table I: Les Misérables
    * Table II: Tangled
    * Table III: Cleopatra
    * Table IV: Les Misérables

May 2011

* Table I: The Count of Monte Cristo
    * Table II: Gladiator
    * Table III: Phantom of the Opera
    * Table IV: Phantom of the Opera

June 2011

* Table I: Thor
    * Table II: Incomplete
    * Table III: Incomplete
    * Table IV: Incomplete

July 2011

* Table I: Hamlet
    * Table II: Iron Man
    * Table III: TBA
    * Table IV: Merlin

[:D]

[blockquote][b]"veritably, it is tragedies the poets pen"[/b]
    January: Table IV || V for Vendetta[/blockquote]

[b][i]01. Verse[/i][/b]

She meets a man in the streets who showed her 'music' in its truest form; and her own self at her basest level . . . someday when history told their tale, she was sure that there wasn't a poet alive who could properly channel the pain and epic beauty that her time with him ? and in remembrance of him ? truly was.

[b][i]02. Visualize[/i][/b]

Their story had started simply ? dirty streets free of mire, and yet immersed in them, with a girl dressed for an evening she'd never see and a man in a cloak and a mask with a talent for rhetoric and knives ? in the end, she was not sure which was more dangerous.

[b][i]03. Vocalize[/i][/b]

His words are angry words, powerful words, words that would strike and barb and cause red to flow and black to fall as he implored the trembling citizens to act ? to take back their own from the government's hands.

[b][i]04. Veil[/i][/b]

She knows right from wrong, has a sense of morals and ethics, and yet these things seem as fluid as ocean tides when she stepped behind the Detective, can of mace raised and her fate unwittingly sealed.

[b][i]05. Victim[/i][/b]

He sees her laying prostrate on the floor, her forehead blooming with an angry bruise and circles her once, remembering his own time under this government's control ? the needles and the slate cell and all consuming flames and the nothingness of the memories before that ? and he doesn't need to circle her twice before deciding to take her with him.

[b][i]06. Volunteer[/i][/b]

She has never felt claustrophobic until taking residence underground with V; his words ? that she couldn't go, she had to stay, until the fifth at least, rang in her head until a nauseating mix of anger and suffocation rose in her; she was not his to take ? he could not just veto her right to ch

2. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    My dear, your muse amazes me.

As does your sentence structuring!

Another great set! So glad we are finally doing this!

3. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Exquisite. Each is beautifully crafted.
    =D=

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Wonderful!! I LOVE V for Vendetta, and you captured Evey and V splendidly =D= (An excellent fandom for this set :D )

5. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I did! But I had inspiration from a completely different film for all of these V's when I got to Table IV. ;)

These are exquisite, Mira. I love V for Vendetta, and I love Evey and V - as with every character you write, you've done them perfect justice. :)

Some favourites:

1. Verse - I just love how this is written, Evey's reflection on what V has taught her and everything.

7. Vicissitude - "oddly charming" indeed! [face_love]

8. Vocabulary - [face_laugh] The first time I watched the film, I had a moment of "how on earth does anyone know that many words starting with V and keep them in their head?"

10. Vitrine - Evey sparring with V - what an image!

18. Vanity - Somehow just lovely... [face_love]

19. Vanilla - this made me giggle a little bit, in a soft kind of way. ;)

23. Virtuous - and here's your necessary Phantom of the Opera reference. ;)

33. Vivified - awww, sweet. [face_love]

44. Verbose - powerful sentence there, I love it. :)

50. Vendetta - and a fine conclusion to a wonderful set; naturally "Vendetta" had to be last! :D

=D=

6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Master_Jay: You mean my slaughtering of sentence structure? [face_laugh] My muse lives to amaze. ;) Thanks so much for reading! [:D]

divapilot: Thank-you! :)

Nat: It seemed . . . oddly fitting. :p It is always good to spread the V love. [face_love]

Idri: I did! But I had inspiration from a completely different film for all of these V's when I got to Table IV.

Another film with V's? :eek: [face_thinking] And now I am curious. :p

The first time I watched the film, I had a moment of "how on earth does anyone know that many words starting with V and keep them in their head?"

I had the same thought - and this was my answer to it. I figured that he's had a few decades of reading to pass the time, and fill in the blanks of his memories. :p

and here's your necessary Phantom of the Opera reference.

As necessary as breathing, m'dear. :p I should just do a Phantom set and purge it from my system. :oops:

and a fine conclusion to a wonderful set; naturally "Vendetta" had to be last!

Veriably, it was Vendetta to close. :p

Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts! [:D]

~MJ @};-

7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Author's Note: Next up is a small homage for Lorelai Gilmore's almost obsessive love for snow. :p I am a hardcore JavaJunkie with this fandom, and so most will be Luke/Lorelai, Rory/Jess, and everything surrounding our gals. I hope you enjoy. [face_love]

[b]II.[/b]

[blockquote][b]?fall for the want of you?[/b]
    January 2011: Table III || Gilmore Girls[/blockquote]

[i][b]01. Winter[/i][/b]

?You have to understand ? there's something magical about this time of year; endings and beginnings and snow and mocha's ? dear God, Luke, but I have got to introduce you to the sheer joy that is chocolate and coffee in the cold, and [i]look[/i] ? I [i]told[/i] you it would start snowing ? I am never wrong about these sort of things.?

[i][b]02. Decorate [/i][/b]

She is something half mad, and that was all that he could think past the haze of sleep that still clung to him ? something half mad and gushing in a breathless voice about snow and all its wonders while tiny flakes clung to her skin and melted on her eyelashes . . . he ranted about the hour and the chill in the air to avoid staring too openly.

[i][b]03. Sparkling [/i][/b]

Rory awakens to see a sheet of white blanketing the world outside of her dorm, and she strides through the snow rather than the just shoveled walks for that something nostalgic in her that couldn't quite shake off a yearning for home.

[i][b]04. Sled [/i][/b]

?Luke Danes, you mean to tell me ? and I quote accurately, so that the snow Gods know just why they must smite you ? that you have never: sledded, caroled, ran around aimlessly with your tongue out to catch snowflakes, or tasted the almighty power of Miss Patty's eggnog??

[i][b]05. Wool [/i][/b]

The first time it snows after their marriage, she runs downstairs, pulling her snow boots on the whole way, when she found a note underneath a pair of warm wool mittens saying: [i]Larry on channel four beat you to it this year ? enjoy.[/i]

[i][b]06. Snow [/i][/b]

Her daughter was just turning her second month when Emily Gilmore stands by the frosted window to watch the snow fall ? her daughters first, and something almost warm flourished inside of her when she whispered to the swaddled infant: ?You'll simply adore this when you are old enough to appreciate it.?

[i][b]07. Mitten[/i][/b]

Rory had not one pair of matching mittens ? but that was not her fault, seeing as how the all powerful monster who lived in her dresser and ate her socks and her woven hand-me-down sweaters was only ever interested in eating one mitten of a set ? but she was having a hard time convincing her mother of that.

[i][b]08. Jingle[/i][/b]

?Lorelai Gilmore, one more verse of jingle bells, and I swear I will replace your coffee with herbal tea for a month ? do you hear me??

[i][b]09. Hospitality[/i][/b]

She made a face, and took her mug of coffee with a look of absolute shock and outrage on her features, ?Some service you have here, buddy.?

[i][b]10. Melt[/i][/b]

She let out a surprised eep of surprise as a the snow that hit her struck the unassuming pages of her book, melting and smearing the black and neat letters like a drop of watercolor onto a wet page ? when she looked up, Jess looked anything but repentant.

[i][b]11. Nippy[/i][/b]

?I'm not cold,? he insisted for the fifth time as he looked down at the poor defenseless book that she had wrapped in his coat for safekeeping ? as it served him right, she had insisted.

[i][b]12. Merry[/i][/b]

?Is it bad that the best part of the holiday season is watching Taylor try to hang lights on the diner?? Lorelai asked thoughtfully, her stool at the counter obnoxiously turned so that she could watch Luke wrap up the cords of lights while Taylor stubbornly unwound the opposite end ? with or without explicatives, she couldn't tell from her vantage point.

[i][b]13. Slippery[/i][/b]

?The path to hell is paved with slippery moments like these,? Rory said sagely, but her chair was turned as well, so Lorelai at least

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh this is a fun set. :D :D

There's so much warmth and realness =D= even as I consider the source. =D=

[:D]

9. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Another film with V's? shock [face_thinkin] And now I am curious.

[face_laugh] Well, no, the film has absolutely nothing to do with the letter V, I just meant that I'd found another use for Table IV than V for Vendetta. :p

Know nothing about Gilmore Girls, but you know my goal in reading everything 50 Sentence-like. ;)

These were fun! Very much in a winter/Christmas/holiday spirit. :D

"Jingle" made me laugh a lot - noooo, not the herbal tea! [face_laugh]

Lovely as always, Mira. [face_love]

10. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Squee!!!!!

OMG you did Gilmore Girls!

If I could hug you I would, like Lorelai!

You hit all of them straight on and I loved the Luke/Lorelai ness!!!

Yay!!!

Maybe you guys will help do multifandom too...

I dunno.

11. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    THIS :D Because we need more Gilmore Girls around here :D

44. Feast

?So ? here's how we'll do this: Al's everything-Italian pizza will be consumed during Goodfellas, Sookie's lasagne during the first Godfather, and the Swedish fish during Sofia's death scene, and the cannoli's during *the* cannoli appropriate scene . . . leaving the biscotti and the marshmallow-Hershey-syrup sauce for Scarface . . . sometimes, I amaze even myself?

This was so totally and completely Lorelei :D

Such awesome sentences!! I also love Rory crashing with Jess and him making pancakes (I love Rory/Jess - SOMEONE should write a post-series story where they end up together . . . :p ). And the family bits (and, of course, Luke and Lorelei) were so sweet!! Can't choose a favorite :D

12. ZoraKenobi

ZoraKenobi Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2011
    Okay, so I must admit I haven't read your first set yet, because I was way too excited to see Gilmore Girls in the heading. :p I'll read the first set later. I know nothing about V is for Vendetta, so it should be interesting. :D

I loved the Gilmore Girls ones though! They were all spot on and I especially liked the way you used a few lines from the show as well. Also, perfect pairings. Luke/Lorelai and Rory/Jess were always my favorite pairings.

I loved Jess stealing Luke's pancake recipe and I also could totally see Rory being deemed Lorelai's official coffee getter, but Luke always beating her to it. There were just so many cute and believable moments in this, but those were probably my favorites. [face_love]

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Deb: Aww, shucks. You know how to flatter a girl. [:D] ;)

Idri: :oops: I got that about the V table now . . . :p Thanks for branching out to read these! I appreciated it. [face_love]

Master_Jay: For the love of java! A GG fan. [:D] I am so glad that you enjoyed these!! :D Please, please consider doing a multifandom group - it is too much fun for words! :D

Nat: I KNEW you'd like these. ;) And if by a certain somebody, you mean a certain somebody . . . [face_whistling] You never know. :p

Zora: Oh, I am so glad that you stopped in. [face_love[ You hit all of my favorite parts - so I must praise your excellent taste. ;)

Thanks, everyone, for reading! [:D]

~MJ @};-

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Author's Note: Here you have proof that you can write tables for anything. :p And then, this was firther inspired by a certain someone playing a certain Mr. Rochester in the upcoming Jane Eyre film in March. [face_mischief] [face_dancing] (Micheal Fassbender, how I adore thee! [face_love])

Ahem. [face_blush]

What I meant to say was . . . enjoy the continued slaughtering of grammar. ;)

EDIT: Merely to clean up my typos. :oops: Most certainly I did not get all of them . . . :rolleyes:

[b]III.[/b]

[blockquote] [b]?you almost unearthly thing?[/b]
    January 2011: Table I || Jane Eyre[/blockquote]

[i][b]01. Bewitched[/b][/i]

She was a fair thing that interrupted his peaceful journey home across the moors ? stealing his breath with her spell from that first moment, until he didn't even have the presence of minds to hold the reins properly when he steered his mount to avoid trampling her.

[i][b]02. Bravery[/b][/i]

?Come girl, your shoulder, if you will ? necessity requires me to make use of you,? he said to the fairy before him, who was doing her best to fetch the prancing and nervous animal for him; the determined scowl on her small futures amusing him past the pain shooting through his ankle.

[i][b]03. Charm[/b][/i]

Through the whole of her life she had been plain ? a girl worth only what she was in the eyes of God ? and yet, she wishes that she were the slightest bit charming . . . the slightest bit like every other girl her age when she sees his eyes linger on her for just longer than would be deemed acceptable.

[i][b]04. Intellectual[/b][/i]

Her pupil was a sweet girl, with cherubic features and more interest in dresses and dancing than her studies . . . but Jane believed that she found a way to reach Adèle's fancy when she introduced the girl to the sweeping passion and lilting lines of Shakespeare.

[i][b]05. Cooky[/b][/i]

The old housekeeper was suddenly serious as she leaned towards her, her voice hushed as she said, ?Jane, this may be the silly ramblings of an elderly woman, but . . . be careful, my dear.?

[i][b]06. Filthy[/b][/i]

The water in the basin was freezing, and her small fingers shuddered when they broke through the ice to wash the mire from her hands beneath ? the switch hurt more on fingers blue with cold, and so she held her hands under until she could bear no more.

[i][b]07. Family[/b][/i]

The girl next to her with the dying pulse and the mouth that shaped words of forgiveness . . . Jane calls her [i]sister[/i] though Helen is not of her blood, and carries the memory of the girl on in the years to come.

[i][b]08. Sense[/b][/i]

?Love her? Hardly, Miss Eyre ? Cèline was put out from the holdings I purchased for her, and he was left with a bullet in his shoulder to show him sense in meddling with what was already taken.?

[i][b]09. Rubbish[/b][/i]

?You study me so, Miss Eyre ? you have wholly blinked in these last five minutes - so, tell me, do you think me handsome??

[i][b]10. Wart[/b][/i]

?What a singular creature, you are ? not one lady would have answered honestly in such a biting way ? now tell me, what could I do to transform this dragon's face into human flesh - I have heard some nonsense about fair maidens and frogs before.?

[i][b]11. House[/b][/i]

Thornfield was a harsh mark against the frosted hills of the moorlands, a blot underneath the morose press of the sky above; with secrets to its creaking steps, and cries in the attic above as if it were inhabited by something haunted and fierce . . .

[i][b]12. Diary[/b][/i]

She never kept a diary so much as she held a journal of sketches ? far off worlds from dreams, or her impressions of the people around her . . . as of late she has found her hand loitering on his likeness more than she'd care to admit to.

[i][b]13. Wand[/b][/i]

Sometimes, when she was younger, she would wave her spoon as if it was a wand, sure that if she tried hard enough her aunt and cruel cousins would disappear

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Speaking of lilting lines and sweeping passion -- Shakespeare and Mira -- both.

You write poetically where all the words flow and feel like moving lines of verse. You are the only one I know who can take a whole paragraph of yum and cram it into a single sentence. :D
    So, have a squee! and =D= =D= =D=

and [:D]

[face_love]

A Very Impressed Jade

16. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Yes this proves that this challenge is for any fandom!

That was so beautifully written. Awesome!

As for doing a multifandom...

I have to. Cuz Firefly, Harry Potter, more tv shows... Yeah. Uh totally doing it.

:rolleyes:

But I always anticipate yours Mira. I just love seeing what the muse has in store!

17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I love it!! You captured the beauty and passion of the story so well [face_love]

(Also - there's a movie coming out? Yay!! If you haven't seen the BBC version - it's quite long, but very good and very true to the book - you should!)

18. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    But of course! Anything is possible. :D

I am really, really impressed Mira. Your language and style fits right in there with the source material, and it's gorgeous. [face_love] Wow. Just... wow. =D= Such scope, such power... and you used the Harry Potter-themed table to boot! :eek: It's been ages since I've read Jane Eyre, but this brought back a lot of memories from when I first read the book, and now I feel like I had just set it down. It's wonderful to be immersed in that world again. Thank you. :)

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Deb: Oh my, but you are a dear!! As always, your words mean the world to me. [face_love] [:D]

Master_Jay: Woohoo for another bit by the multifandom bug!! [:D]

Nat: You mean the version with Toby Stephans and Ruth Wilson - the one that officially swallowed my soul when I thought that nothing could compare to Mr. Dalton and Mr. Hinds? [face_batting] Yep. [face_love] The movie comes out at the end of March with Mia Wasikowska and Micheal Fassbender. Trailer here. [face_love]

Idri: Oh, wow! [face_love] That, I think, is the highest compliment one can recieve as an author. [face_love] Thank-you so very much!! [:D]

~MJ @};-

20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004

IV.

?tie the whole of time in a loop?
    January 2011: Table II || Doctor Who

01. Venture

He spins her like a top, quicker and quicker until she can't distinguish up from down behind her closed eyes ? when she finally came to a dizzy stop in the TARDIS's library, Amy pointed her finger out at the first book she saw and declared, ?Here, Doctor ? that's where to next.?

02. Gravity

When her choice ended up putting them on Sinachel III, she had the interesting experience of setting foot on a world where the gravity did not hold one up and down, but rather from left to right ? which made drinking through straws a right trick indeed.

03. Try

Apparently, it was better to leave being ginger to those who were actually born . . . ginger, the Doctor reflected as he washed the copper colour from his hair, sure that this was merely the latest on his list of things-to-never-attempt-again.

04. Disarm

?How is it possible for more than one creature to bite the same sonic screwdriver in half on more than one occasion ? especially when those occasions are back to back, after never occurring in nine-hundred years?? the Doctor lamented as he welded his poor and abused friend back together for the second time that week.

05. Crisis

?End of the world shenanigans: zip; me: another ten points,? the Doctor declared smugly.

06. Worth

She is twelve years old when she falls off her favorite branch; and when Rory patched her together with quipping words and half smiles, she pressed her hand against the bandage on her knee like a kiss, saying, ?It's just like you're a right Doctor.?

07. Cheat

?There is a Time Lord trick for cheating death,? the Doctor said absently, ?but that is a lot of work and effort ? and I am just starting to like this body; so, if we can defeat the bad guys the old fashioned way . . .?

08. Jealousy

On the icy planet of Jixxiniopi the Doctor passes Amy his coat jacket to protect her from the cold, amd Rory watched them with a blank face before the other man actually took off his bow-tie in an act of truce, drawing a laugh from him at the absurdity of his thoughts.

09. Wingman

They arrive in Geneva for the summer of 1816, and sit around the fire with Mary Shelly and her infamous instigators Percy Shelly and Lord Byron ? weaving ghost stories in the sweetly cold Swiss air, and whispering of far off, chilling things.

10. Trek

Of course, the Gothic romanticism of those days was lost to Amy when they ended up trekking across the frigidly cold and breathtaking slopes after an alien entity who more closely resembled Shelly's monstrous 'fictional' character than anything else . . .

11. Patience

?Pond, when I said that there were buttons on the console that were to never be pushed no matter what, I really meant it,? the Doctor snapped as the TARDIS pitched about this way and that, and for an alarming moment, something sparked brilliantly over their heads.

12. Stunt

But in the end he could do nothing more than lay on the grating of the control room and let his mad, mad laughter raise and merge with hers, ?I told you there was an emergency break,? was all that Amy would say ? the cheeky thing, and he rolled his eyes in reply.

13. Bandage

?I thought that you were a Doctor,? Amy commented wryly as she looked down at the bandage tied rather crookedly over her wrist.

14. Quirk

?Yes, Pond, I get my three hours a night same as everyone else,? the Doctor slurred sleepily, unsure as to why the sight of him in pajamas was enough to send Amy into a fit of giggles.

15. Clasp

They wish on stars as children, he and Amy; and he never had to ask what her wish was ? so he merely wished that he could cling to her through wherever her restless feet would take her.

16. Half[/i

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh how fun! I wish I had a ship like that, where I could visit Renaissance era France and Medieval England :cool: And to pose for Vangogh -- *dreamy sigh*

Ah! The sonic screw driver -- what an intriguing weapon that is. ;) o_O

I love the references to Trek and Spock =P~

You are the perfect author to dredge up all these wonderfully European references =D=

22. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Oh oh oh! These are all kinds of PERFECT, Mira! :D

I must leave a longer comment later - I feel like I have something to say about every sentence! 8-}

23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Deb: I am so glad you enjoyed these. :D The funnest part of writing for Doctor Who is to play around with time and places, and it was really interesting to do that in so short of a context. :p And the sonic screwdriver is cool. :cool: :p

Idri: You flatter me! [:D] Thanks so much for the kind words. :D

~MJ @};-

24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Author's Note: Because my muse is a crazy thing that can take three minutes of onscreen interaction and create a personal head canon to it. [face_laugh] :oops: Anyway, this is merely the latest offerings in my M&M verse - which is basically just lots of Molly/Moriarty fun and creepiness that the show didn't(wouldn't [face_mischief]) let us see. [face_devil]

Other stories in this plot arc are "he kindly stopped for me", "victor, meet spoils", and "glass shatters softly." [face_love]

Oh, how I adore these crazy kids. :p

[b]V.[/b]

[blockquote][b]?knots in this noose of mine?[/b]
    February 2011: Table IV || Sherlock[/blockquote]

[b][i]01. Measure[/b][/i]

Molly will be asked this many times; asked why she let herself warp and fold to a presence such as his - and while she could say many things in answer, the one explanation she will always come back to is that she had beholden herself in that time before him . . . and she had found herself wanting.

[b][i]02. Midnight[/b][/i]

She no longer fears the dark, knowing now what resides in the shadows; knowing the make and the matter of the darkest things that dreary old London could offer, and that knowing did wonders to quench anything resembling fear within her.

[b][i]03. Mild[/b][/i]

In the same breath Molly coughs up strength from her newly birthed lungs, and refuses to let the detective in to see the body of Kay Osborne without the proper paperwork filled out ? right before flat out saying [i]no[/i] when he asked her for cream and sugar for the coffee she had given him black.

[b][i]04. Message[/b][/i]

When, a second later, John also refused to mix in the detective's cream and sugar for him, she felt a sense of victory flood her veins at the put out look on Sherlock's face.

[b][i]05. Mock[/b][/i]

?Come now, Molly, the game is afoot!? Moriarty urged her in a surprisingly good imitation of Sherlock's voice as he pulled her away from her work.

[b][i]06. Mischief[/b][/i]

She looks at the morning paper only to see that Jim had been there first, loud and obnoxious red [i]M's[/i] crossed proudly over the deaths he claimed as his own in the obituaries.

[b][i]07. Murder[/b][/i]

If he was trying to shock her, he would have to do better than that, she thought as she turned to the funnies section.

[b][i]08. Mull[/b][/i]

?Curiosity,? he answers when asked; hands careful and experimental on her skin, and the surprise in his voice matched the surprise in her own mind; after all, she had never been anything worthwhile before, but she knew that corruption had a purple and bruises sort of a shade that could be beautiful when properly beholden.

[b][i]09. Minion [/b][/i]

Jim texts her and asks(tells) her to pick up milk while at the market, and when she asked him why he was using one of his henchman's phones, he absently replied that his own was too far away, and he was busy plotting.

[b][i]10. Malevolence[/b][/i]

It was very hard, at times, for her to equate the criminal mastermind with the man flopped lazily on her bed ? suit jacket discarded and vest unbuttoned ? and most seriously reenacting the third act of [i]Julius Caesar[/i] between her stuffed animals.

[b][i]11. Melancholy[/b][/i]

The death of the elder Professor Moriarty sends Jim into a lethal sort of silence that doesn't break for the whole of three days, and she was left to wonder about the shadowy and infamous man who had taught his son everything he knew.

[b][i]12. Moniker[/b][/i]

?Moriarty,? she tries the name out on suddenly trembling lips, the way that his eyes darkened at the fear in her tone not lost completely on her ? that sixth sense that all prey held within her warbled dangerously as she whispered, ?you're the one t

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful little nuggets =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.