main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Music More People Should Hear

Discussion in 'Community' started by poor yorick, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Dos Gringos, I guess I'll call them an American folk-rock duo. In their day jobs, they're F-16 fighter pilots and that's what their songs are about. Be warned, they are not safe for work, there are more f-bombs than real bombs in most of their songs, like this one:

2. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Bartok's Bluebeard's Castle. Love or hate opera, it's as spooky as hell and utterly brilliant. But you have to go and watch it live. Opera never translates to small screens.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  3. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    My favourite artist isn't very well known around the world. She's an incredibly talented and beautiful French singer who goes by the name Jain. I love her sounds and style, plus her music videos are some of the most creative I've ever seen.

YouTube channel

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i've been getting into this rapper, marlon craft. recommend if you're looking for some rap music with thoughtful lyrics, that isn't afraid to tackle challenging topics, and still has a catchy somewhat old school flow.

Darth Punk likes this.
  5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    This one's been stuck in my head all day, so I'm going to let everyone else enjoy it too. Consider yourself warned about non-PC and NSFW lyrics.

6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    hey some friends of mine did this cover of the billie eilish song "bad guy". i thought it was pretty dang good so i'm getting the word out.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    solojones and Juliet316 like this.
  7. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Everyone should listen to Ein Deutsches Requiem by Johannes Brahms, especially the second and sixth movements.

Princess_Tina and Juliet316 like this.
  8. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I should have listed this on my JCC playlist... It's from the musical Assassins and it's a love song from the perspective of John Hinckley Jr. and Squeaky Fromme, directed at Jodie Foster and Charles Manson respectively.

It is just one of the many great, bat **** songs in that show

9. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002

Let the song build for you. Stay with it. So awesome.

Also, this next song is somehow playing in a John Hughes movie you’ve awoken inside of and you’re at a high school house party and the song is playing inside the house while you’re in the backyard with a girl you just met and know you’re falling for.
    It has that kind of magic to it.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
  10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Frank Black. An absurd genius.

One of the best music videos of the 90s was of his “Los Angeles,” featuring a band (that’s not his) playing the song, while he drives around on a hovercraft.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
  11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Been listening to The Longest Johns a lot lately. They're a sea shanty/folk music band from Bristol. They do a lot of old shanties, whaling songs and folk songs, but also covers of newer stuff, as well as they're own original songs. They're also good at adding humor to their work, which is nice.

Bor Mullet and Sarge like this.
  12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    @TCF-1138 , I like Longest Johns. Have you heard The Corsairs?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Tyrannis is a song from my favorite band, Five Iron Frenzy. They are punk-ska and this particular song is about the Confederate flag and the idiots who fly it.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  15. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    Lunatic Soul. Polish solo artist project.

16. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    I just got to see The Band of Heathens play about 2 weeks back and they were awesome live. I also have really become a big fan of Whiskey Myers. Both bands are from Texas and I might have to go to Boise ID in August to get a chance to see them live.

17. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Highly obscure Melbourne band from the 1990s, Died Pretty.

A shame they didn't get more recognition because their sound was perfect for that era.

But, they didn't offer enough of their souls to the label, it seems.

18. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    this song has like 550 views in 9 years and i'm pretty sure a third of those were me.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    The world would be a happier place with more people and music like this:

20. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Wait for it....

21. Jedi Bluth

Jedi Bluth SOS & 7X Hangman Winner star 6

Sep 4, 2021
    Saw these bands live, and when I saw them didn't know who they were going in, but I defiantly knew who they were when I left.

From Ashes To New

10 Years

Gary Clark Jr.

22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    So lots of people knew Sakamoto, the wonderful Japanese composer. What you may not know is one of his last works was collaborating on this song called Snooze by Agust D, a rapper from BTS. It also features Woosung, lead singer of Korean band The Rose.

This song is dear to my heart because it has a very not often spoken message: sometimes pursuing dreams is just too hard. Sometimes you need to rest, to hit snooze and relax. It's ok to not have a dream, as the BTS song Paradise also says. Stop running for nothing. Beautiful song.