main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Music Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Finland' started by Darth_Weirdo, Apr 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KYP_DURRON85

KYP_DURRON85 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2003
    Hey Weirdo!
    Who's version of Dream on is better Aerosmith's or Eminem's?
    Kind of ripoff you think? :mad:

2. Darth_Weirdo

Darth_Weirdo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Of course Aerosmith's Dream On is the better one. It is the first love ballade in rock. And to Eminem's Sing For The Moment: I like it. Eminem uses the Dream On guite good.

3. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    I Hate rap&hiphop-crap.
    And the only Ramms+ein-song I really know is:
    "Du hast"!
    Komisch, ja?

4. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    And of course I love Rolling Stones. I have seen them live two times and I will see them for the third time this summer.

Yes! I love them too! I saw them when they were here, it was the best concert i have ever been to!

I love the RCHP

Definately - Flea provides me with most of my basslines to jam to ;)

Aren't the Hives and the International Noise Conspiracy from Scandinavia somewhere? hm....

5. Darth_Weirdo

Jul 2, 2002
    I guess they are either from Sweden or Norway. But still from Scandinavia, but not from Finland. :)

6. darttis

darttis Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2003
    Darth Weirdo: Imagine Rammstein's lyrics being translated to Finnish and someone singing them. Hilarious :D

Anyway, I believe German is the one and only language for that kind of music Rammstein plays. English sounds rather good too, but I believe the reason for it is that we're used to hear English everywhere and it kind of fits everywhere. Lucky us, that Rammstein uses their own mother language :)

7. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    "Sinä
    Sinä olet
    Sinä olet kysynyt
    Sinä olet kysynyt
    Sinä olet kysynyt, mutten ole vastannut
    "
    Sounds much better in german... ;)

8. Darth_Weirdo

Jul 2, 2002
    Actually according to my knowledge of German language Du Hast means You have

You
    You have
    You have me...

Sinä
    Sinulla on
    Sinulla on minut...

9. Darth_Laurentius

Darth_Laurentius Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2001
    I'm quite sure that most of you have heard at least one more song by Rammstein (whether you actually realized this is another matter entirely), namely Feuer Frei. It is played in the opening scene of xXx when the "Bond look-alike" gets shot. Surprise surprise, the band playing on the stage is Rammstein :D Anyway, the name translates either into the exclamation "fire is loose" or into the military command "fire at will". IIRC, both of these meanings are referred to in the lyrics.

If there's enough interest, maybe I'll post here some tranlations of the songs on Rammstein's latest (about a year old) album Mutter ("Mother"). :)

10. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    Yes, du hast = you have, and du hast gefragt = you have asked.
    Those translations (german-english) aren't exact on the cd covers.
    That "sinulla on minut" doesn't fit into the rest of the song. My oldest sister has that record, but I have no idea where it is,
    so I can't check it out right now.

I saw the triplex two days ago, but I wasn't sure was that Rammstein or not. Now I am.

11. Darth_Weirdo

Jul 2, 2002
    From Rammstein the best songs (from my point of view) are Sonne, Du Hast, Feuer Frei, Mutter and Ich Will. [face_devil]

12. KYP_DURRON85

Apr 20, 2003
    I hate that German-band!!I dont know what the lyricks are and i dont realy want to know...it sound like pig in the slaughterhouse!

13. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    Hmm.. someone is intolerant.
    Du Hast is the only one I like.

Has anyone ever heard of dEUS?
    And Radiohead is releasing its newest CD 090603! Woo!

14. Darth_Weirdo

Jul 2, 2002
    someone is intolerant

You got that one right. ;)

Kyp remember that this is a place where you can discuss about music in general. If you don't like some band, that's good, but don't start mocking it. Remember to justify (perustella) your opinnion.

15. KYP_DURRON85

Apr 20, 2003
    Well I justify!I dont like them becouse I dont like music where singer doesnt anything else but shout out all the anger his got in his mind.Sorry if Im intolerant......I realy shouldnt make any notice way they sing or shout like I put it,when I'v only heard one or two of their songs!

16. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    The Only Rammstein I own is On the Lost Highway Soundtrack... I have all of Lynch's SOundtracks... Including Blue Velvet and the Straight Story...

17. Baltic_herring

Baltic_herring Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2002
    LottDodd; do you have any hint how much mr Lynch actually composes the music of his films? There is always same musical aspects visible on his films. Like Mulholland Drive would be dull without eerie flow of Lynch-sounds.
    Two other guys also take a credits: Angelo Badalamenti and John Neff. Basicly, what are these guys?

18. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Angelo Badelemanti has been David Lynch's Composer for Years... the First film he worked on with Lynch was Blue Velvet and he has been involved in every project since. I don't know much about John Neff other than he is in Lynch's band BLUEBOB with Lynch and Baddalementi.

David Lynch Writes the Lyrics to songs in Twin Peaks and Blue Velevet, and Badalementi composes the music for them. David Lynch also likes to hang strange metal and plastic pipes with mishapen holes around the Recording Studio... He then Puts the Microphones into these Pipes and Records Badalementi's orchestra through those to get strange distortions you would never hear from a real orchestra without digitally altering the recording.

19. Darth_Weirdo

Jul 2, 2002
    Ok. Metallica is back with the new album St. Anger. Has anyone heard the song or has anyone bought the album? I would like to know your thoughts on the new album.

EDIT:
    The summer is here and so are all the summer festivals. Provinssirock, DBTL, RMJ, RuisRock and so on all around the world. Which one(s) are you going to go? What bands will be there? How are you going to prepare for it?

20. KYP_DURRON85

Apr 20, 2003
    I have heard St.Anger,but none of the rest song in da album.

I dont do festivals,I'm just a nerd. :(

21. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, i have heard the whole album. I'm not really a fan of metallica, but i do like this one. it has a cool kind of raw sound to it.

22. starwars6554

starwars6554 Jedi Master star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I like Creed, Finger Eleven, Tool, Chevelle, 12 Stones, 3 Doors Down, Default...

Has anybody here heard of Finger Eleven? They're really a great band, and I suggest that you all check them out. Their new CD is coming out (at least in the U.S.) on June 17, and I can't wait to buy it. :D

23. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    Never heard of them. But I like Tool very much. Very much indeed.
    And Radiohead! I bought the "Hail to the Thief" last tuesday as a late birthday gift for myself. I really like the album. Two thumbs up.
    I've also heard the St.Anger, but I didn't like it. I haven't been a 'tallica fan for ages, but this wasn't a cd that I'd listen more than occasionally in a car or something. I'm not going to buy it.

24. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    I'm going to see Bruce Springsteen live tonight. Should be interesting. And just one more month and I'm going to see Rolling Stones and ZZ Top in one concert. ZZ Top is interesting choice as supporting group. I've seen Stones two times in concert already and they are simply the greatest rock group ever.

25. starwars6554

starwars6554 Jedi Master star 6

Jul 9, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.