main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

music

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by jedimatt_fx, May 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimatt_fx

jedimatt_fx Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    i know this has NOTHING to do with star wars ,but what music does everyone like??

2. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    I like Star Wars soundtracks ;)

Also like alt-rock, such as REM, Nirvana, U2, Chillie Peppers and Semi-Sonic.

Hoping to go and see REM in Cardiff in the Summer. My brother has tickets for U2 in Cardiff also, but he won't let me go with him as they are for him and his girlfriend.

But if they should meet with an accident.........

3. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    I'm going to REM in the stadium over the summer, we should meet up

i personally listen to any music besides pop music made in the past 10 years or so and dance music

my favourite bands are manic street preachers (who i've seen 8 times :p), the beatles, system of a down, nirvana and tenacious D

4. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Oh cool, I like Tenacious D also! Tribute just blew me away. Its safe to say that it changed the face of ROCK forever.

An REM/Star Wars combination. Now that would be intersting. They do have certain things in common.

Michael Stipe and Darth Maul both wear too much makeup.
    Everyone prefers the earlier stuff.
    New Adventures in Hi-Fi / A New Hope.
    Man on the Moon / Man on Mustafa.

Ok, I was reaching there on the last two ;)

Yeah, that sounds like a plan dude.

I saw four kids today playing with toy lightsabers in the street. It doesn't really have anything to do with music, but it warmed my heart to see that there is a new generation of SW fans out there, playing and pretending to be Jedi, just like we did way back when.....

Erm, last week I think it was.

5. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    Michael Stipe and Darth Maul both wear too much makeup.
    Everyone prefers the earlier stuff.

LOL, very good

it also brings warm feelings to my heart when i see kids enjoying the new films like i used to, as long as they shut up in the cinema :p

6. jedimatt_fx

May 21, 2005
    i like greenday, led zepplin ,guns and roses , ac dc ,blur ,good charlotte ,r kelly ,and pretty much everything else apart from pop and disco b******s

7. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I also like Greenday. I knew there was a band I was missing out. I'm sure that after I post this there will be another 5 bands that pop into my head.

I can't stand the pop crap that is in the charts today. Stuff like Girls Aloud leaves me seething! I also hate that new Basement Jax song, with that souff end slapper singing on it: "Forget about the sugar, have a spoonfull of me".

Err, no thanks sweetheart.

Stuey: Why don't they use ushers anymore? Theres a greater need for them now that there ever was back in the day what with mobile phones and the calpse of society?

JediMatt_FX: R Kelly???? Hmmm, i'm going to leave that one slide as it was never proven in a court of law ;)

8. jedimatt_fx

May 21, 2005
    hmm i know what you mean ,but i like the music and i cant help that.

9. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Never mind, i'm sure that there are many support groups you can join to cure that kind of problem ;)

Only joking. :)

So is anyway on this forum attending any of the big concerts in the Summer? Such as Glasto, V, Reding etc?

10. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    No festivals for me this year due to lack of funds when they tickets came out, i quite fancied Reading for Iron Maiden and Foo fighters :(

11. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I really wanted to do Glasto last year as my fave band REM were playing. But it was too difficult to pin my friends down and commit them to going.

I'm starting to get a bit old for festivals now, as they are mostly a student and posh twit affair nowadays.

But I still hold out the hope of one day going to one of these things and seeing what all the fuss is about.

I still haven't booked tickets to see REM yet, guess I should get around to doing that pretty soon!

SO what does everyone think the best video ever made is?

My vote goes to Losing my Religion my REM. Granted i'm biased, but I see something new in it everytime I see it.

12. Kinch

Kinch Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2005
    Ive been a Huge Offspring fan for like 10 years now, so much great stuff going back into the 90's.

Kaiser cheifs and the Futureheads are pretty cool at the mo, even being overplayed to death on Radio 1....grr...

13. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Nice to see you back again Kinch. Since admitting you were from Brynmawr, you disappeard. The place can't be that bad, can it?

That's the problem with radio stations. Once they find something they like, they play it to bloody death! A good examle of this is Sissor Sisters. I'm not a big fan, but they made some catchy, enjoyable stuff. But the radio sations played every single one of their songs so much, it has ruined they're appeal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.