main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends My Brother, Myself **Legacy Child Challenge** Complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Pilot, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    Now that's interesting....

Luke doesn't like the idea of the Grand Master getting romantically involved with a non-Jedi....and apparently he had the same conversation with Jaryn....[face_thinking]

One has to wonder if that has something to do with this whole mess....

great post as always!

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Bravo for Mara telling it like it is!! Smart of the men to listen. ;) :)
    And, ooh whee, baby! L&M sure know how to get it on don't they? [face_love] [face_love] [face_dancing]

What kinda crazy rule is that about non-Force sensitives and Jedi not getting married? Sounds like a goofy rule to me. :p o_O

Woot! *happy wiggle, delighted wriggle* Loved that!!

3. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Mara snorted. ?Oh forget it, farmboy. He knows exactly what we were up to. We didn?t raise any fools.?

Hey, fess up. You got caught canoodling![face_blush]

But who could blame her? He's Luke-ilicious. Mmmm. =P~

Great update! I liked the humor there, even though there's a serious topic. Luke needs to let Ben make his own decisions. I seem to remember a rule or two about no marriages at all. Now Luke's getting picky?:rolleyes:

Thanks for the PM!:D

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    ?Now you know that?s only a vicious rumor started by Wedge all those years ago. And besides you?re a much better dancer than any Twilek I ever saw.?

Loved it! [face_laugh]

=D=

(and sorry I missed a post!) [face_blush]

5. DarthTyneJedi

DarthTyneJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2006
    interesting , nice :D
    could you PM mrrison85 when you gon on?

6. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Wonderful family scene!! Fight and all, at least they're all being honest and open with each other. A real family. [face_love] (Unlike the angsty, contrived crap we have to wade through in profic. :rolleyes: )

Loved it!!! =D=

I'm addicted. Next chapter, please? [face_batting]

7. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    ah teh pleasures of girlfriend trouble

8. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    A/N: I sure am enjoying all this wonderful speculation. You guys are very clever. :)

WyoJedi: Thank you! I was going for the high drama after the fluffy beginning. Sort of roller coaster ala JP! ;)

ginchy: Thanks for reading girlfriend! The Grand Master position is what Luke is concerned about. But is that specifically dealing with Ben or all Grand Masters? Time will tell... ;)

Kidan: Clever, you are. Thank you for reading, I do!

Jade eyes: But IS there a rule about non-Jedi and Jedi getting involved? Hmmmm????? Thank you for reading! :)

divapilot: I like that word: canoodling. Maybe Luke knows something Ben does not....heeheehee! Thank you for reading, Sister pilot!

VaderLVR: Thank you!!! [:D]

DarthTyneJedi: Thank you. You want the PM to go to mrrison 85?

JediTrace: Yes! Let's hear it for real families and all the messiness involved. Thank you for reading! :)

SilSolo: "ah the pleasures of girlfriend trouble" Yep! And Ben has to deal with it all in front of the world AND his parents.

9. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    How quickly things can go from happy and light-hearted, to tense and emotional!

And Mara was great, I must say. [face_mischief] She knows exactly what to say to keep her Skywalker men in line :p

Thankee for the PM!

10. smiley_rancor

smiley_rancor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2006
    What a tangled web, interesting about the non-Force sensitives...i wonder whether in the end Ben will just do as he wants?

Go Mara! I like her in control of them all! hehe,

can't wait for your next update.

s_r

11. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    MeredithKenobi: How quickly things can go from happy and light-hearted, to tense and emotional!

Just like my life!

And Mara was great, I must say. She knows exactly what to say to keep her Skywalker men in line

Yep, Mara is the lynchpin. Thanks for reading! Update coming soon.

Smiley rancor:Thank you! Mara is the gal! Update...right....now!

12. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Part#5

?Ben get down to the court house immediately, they?ve moved your petition hearing up.?

Ben groggily pulled himself into a sitting position, trying to make sense of Lin Dupresis? words, as he fumbled with his portable comm unit on the night stand. ?What time is it??

?It?s 0500?.the hearing has been re-scheduled for 0600.?

?Is this unusual? Do they do this kind of thing often??

Ben could hear Lin sigh. ?No, not unless??

?Unless?what??

?Ben I think we have a real fight on our hands and no time to spare. Get down here to the court house and we?ll try to figure this out.?

Ben returned the comm unit to its cradle. What could the judge possibly be up to? His stomach spasmed. Could the authorities in charge be trying to block their efforts to gain judicial custody? He bolted into the fresher barely waiting for the water to warm. Grabbing a towel, he dried himself on the way to the closet and pulled his Jedi robes from their hanger.

He would not be intimidated. No matter what it took, he would see his brother?s sentence commuted. Ben rushed out the door and into the turbolift. Hailing a taxi, he sat in the back drawing the Force to him in a calming exercise. Breathe?Lin is already there waiting for you?she?ll know exactly what to do.

The taxi pulled up to the entrance. Ben paid the driver his fare?and then some for getting him there so quickly. He rushed into the foyer and saw Lin waiting for him.

?Thank the stars you?re here,? she cried, pulling him by the forearm down the long hallway.

In spite of the tension roiling off her, Ben reveled in the touch of her hand. ?Tell me what?s going on.?

?I don?t have anything concrete yet, but I believe that your attempt to gain judicial custody is being blocked.?

Ben stared straight ahead, steeling himself. ?I trust your instincts, Lin. I imagine this sudden time change is the first step to throw us off a bit.?

She smiled and nodded her head. ?We?ve been called into the judges chambers before even going before the court. That?s very unusual. I can?t help but think there is a whole lot more going on than I know about.?

They stopped as Lin gestured toward a bench and sat down. Ben noticed the tightness around her mouth and had a sudden flash of something. ?Are you okay??

?Yes.? Lin opened her case and removed her datapad and several flimsies. ?I just don?t like not knowing what?s going on.? She looked up at Ben, her brown eyes hard. ?From the very start this case has had such political overtones and now??

?I know, but we?ll get through this.? He smiled and took her hand in his. ?And we?re going to win.?

The door to the judge?s chambers opened. ?Judge Burea will see you now.? The clerk gestured towards the room holding the door as Ben and Lin entered.

Ben took a step through the doorway and gasped.

?What? What?s wrong Ben?? Lin asked.

He felt the familiar dizziness descend on him, tearing his senses from him. ?Y-Ysalamiri??

Lin put her arms around Ben?s waist. ?What can I do??

?Just give me a moment.? He felt the dizziness leave him as he caught his breath. ?I?m fine, now. Let?s proceed.?

Lin removed her arm and stormed toward the desk. ?I heartily object to this your honor! Master Skywalker is not a criminal, but a respected member of the Jedi Order and Grand Master of the Council. How dare you treat him with such disrespect!?

The judge swallowed, lowering his eyes. ?It was not my intention to slight Master Skywalker, Ms. Dupresis. However you must understand that certain things are out of my hands.?

The door to the judge?s chambers opened once again. ?Do not blame Judge Burea for our caution here this morning. I assure you he is only following my dictates.? Interim Chief of State Myal Seena walked the short distance necessary to face them. ?Please let?s all sit down and we can continue with our meeting.?

Ben was all too happy to take a chair. Even without access to the Force he could feel the tension swirling about the room. Lin looked positively livid.

Th

13. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    First Post!

Ok, now that I got that outta the way...

What a great update! So much emotion involved here, and so much political manuevering. I like how Ben is unwavering in his determination, and how Lin is so forceful and straightforward about the situation. And I especially loved Ben's final line in the update... He really punctuates the whole matter with that sentance. Great job!

Cheers,
    Wyo

14. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    ?He?d say??I wish I?d never ruffled that kid?s hair.?
    ouch! Ben sure knows how to shoot those proverbial barbs....

and the tension between Lin & Ben seems to be growing [face_thinking] so is there a meal in their near future? [face_mischief]

Great post as always, more soon please!

15. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Ben turned. ?He?d say??I wish I?d never ruffled that kid?s hair.?

Wow!! What a punch that packs! I love this, gal: so political, and juicy. I just want to know what is going on with Jaryn!! What did he do, exactly?? *bangs head against wall*

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

A sign of great writing--I already want more! :D

Excellent update!

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yay for Lin!! :) Seena works my nerve but I guess he's only doing what politicians do best: looking out for themselves first, under the guise of looking out for everyone else. :p :p
    Loved the last line. Ben's wit is really sharp. Know where he got that from! :) ;)
    Wow!! Can't wait for the next installment. :)

17. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    fantastic post

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Superb update!

The interim Chief didn?t bat an eye. ?I felt it was only right that we be on equal footing here Master Skywalker.?

?When have I ever manipulated a situation to my advantage using the Force, sir??

Seena bristled. ?But that?s just it?how would we know??

?My brother would be free,? whispered Ben.

That simple statement said so much! :eek:

=D=

19. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    ?I would advise you to reconsider Master Skywalker,? Seena said folding his arms. ?As Chief of State I work very closely with the budget committee that allocates funds to your Jedi Order.?

Why that low-down, dirty, no good...:mad:

Loving the story and can't wait for more!

20. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    That Lin's a sharp gal. She's a good match for Ben.

Methinks that Jaryn is taking the fall for something here. The Powers That Be seem to be far too eager to do away with him.

Cheap trick, changing the hearing to 6:00. :mad: And to strip Ben of his Force powers to "even the field?" Maybe if they want to take superior powers away, they should whack Lin upside the head since she's so much smarter than they are, too.

Great update once again! Loved Ben's last line. =D=

21. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    ?May I get you something?? asked the clerk.

?Yes,? Lin smiled sweetly. ?I would love judicial custody rewarded to my client.?

The judge coughed.

*snicker* Slick.

Seena bristled. ?But that?s just it?how would we know??

?My brother would be free,? whispered Ben.

[face_thinking] He's definitly got a good point. So...away with the ysalamari!

?And what about your brother, Master Skywalker? Did he do nothing wrong?? Seena stood and paced to the bookcase, shoving his hands in his coat pocket. ?Your brother, a Jedi, murdered an acting Chief of State.?
    And so the plot thickens!! But why, oh WHY, did he do it, I wonder?

?That?s what this is about, isn?t it? You hope to be elected, but have been under intense fire from your opponent.? Lin said. ?Jaryn?s death would be perceived as a strong move and dissuade those who feel you too weak a candidate.?

Seena sighed.

?You can?t be serious,? Ben said.

Well said, Ben. Let me repeast that for you: You can't be serious!

?I?m sorry that it?s come to this, son. I never wanted to stand in opposition to you or the Order. Please reconsider--what would your father say??

He'd say this is a bunch of bull.

Ben turned. ?He?d say??I wish I?d never ruffled that kid?s hair.?

Or...that. [face_mischief]

=D= GREAT update!

22. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    A/N: Thank you for sticking with me!

WyoJedi: Thanks, as always, dear brother. [:D]

Kidan: Have you been looking over my shoulder? Yep, a restaurant scene is right aroung the corner. Thank you for reading.

ginchy: Hey, now...don't be banging that head of yours too hard! We've still got Inergalactic Idol to discuss! ;) Thank you for your encouragement! Give Zahn my best! :)

Jade eyes: Thank you, sweetie. I think a little of his mom snuck out there. ;)

SilSolo: Thank you so much!

VaderLVR: Thank you! I've found that sometimes it's the simple sentences that convey the most in life. Of course he's falling for a lawyer so he's likely not to get much in. ;)

Blue Milkshake: Them rascally politicians! Ben is just getting a taste of what his father has had to deal with most of his life. Thank you for reading!

divapilot: "And to strip Ben of his Force powers to "even the field?" Maybe if they want to take superior powers away, they should whack Lin upside the head since she's so much smarter than they are, too."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Good thought! Maybe the acting Chief gave it a moment's consideration, but felt even he couldn't get away with that. Thank you, Sister-pilot / future binkie relative. ;)

Meredith Kenobi: Thank you! Politicians...you can't live with them, you can't throw them into a vast black hole of death....why can't we do that again? ;)

23. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    A/N: Special thanks to divapilot for the loan of her wonderful restuarant and OC Alida Maritin.

Part #6

?It is the decision of this court to grant Grand Master Ben Skywalker?s petition for judicial custody of his brother, Master Jaryn Skywalker at this time. This court is adjourned.? The gavel chimed as Judge Burea smacked the pedestal before him.

?Congratulations, Ben,? said Lin Dupresis, rising and offering her hand.

Ben enveloped her, lifting her off the ground. ?Thank you Lin for everything!?

?Whoa there, Jedi-man,? Lin said smiling. ?One of us has to keep their feet on the ground here.?

Ben grinned and gently lowered her down. ?Sorry, I?m just so thrilled to get this ruling.? He cupped Lin?s face in his hands. ?We owe this all to you. Thank you.?

Lin blushed and turned to put her things back into her briefcase. ?We still have a long way to go, Ben?remember that. This has just gotten started.?

?I know, I know,? Ben said, nodding. ?But for now we need to celebrate. Let me take you to dinner?please.?

Ben could see her mentally debating his offer. She looked away a moment and he felt that flash of emotion again, like the one he?d picked up on in the hallway earlier this morning.

?Well?we [i]do[/i] need to go over some things. And I [i]am[/i] tired of my own cooking,? she admitted.

?Great, let?s get out of here, before the holonews reporters descend upon us.?

?Too late,? Lin muttered as they walked the hall towards a taxi.

The media was everywhere with their questions and cameras. Ben winced not knowing who was worse, reporters or politicians. They pushed their way through the throng of bodies and ducked into the first taxi.

?Where to, sir?? asked the driver.

?Yes, where are you taking me Master Skywalker?? Lin asked playfully, attaching the taxi?s safety restraints.

?To my parent?s favorite restaurant,? Ben said, grinning like a Corellian mountain cat. ?Driver take us to Alida?s?

Alida?s Restaurant was indeed the most popular place on Coruscant. The food was excellent along with the atmosphere, but it was the little touches that brought patrons back again and again. Ben and Lin stood waiting near the host?s station as he looked over the reservation screen for the evening.

?I?m afraid there will be a wait, sir,? said the short humanoid male as he tapped the screen in front of him.

Ben sighed and looked over at Lin. ?So much for Jedi notoriety??

?Is there a problem?? A striking female Twi?lek approached them. Though clearly in her middle years, she still possessed the beauty and grace that imbued the female of her species. ?Ben! I didn?t recognize you for a moment. How are you??

?I?m well, Alida and you?? He leaned towards the Twi?lek, kissing her soft cheek. ?We were hoping for a table this evening.?

?Of course,? said Alida, smiling. ?Ato, take them to our Tavord?navarth table.?

?Yes, ma?am,? Ato said, gesturing towards the coveted window seating area.

?You greatly honor me with your father?s special table. Thank you Alida.?

?There will always be a table here for you and your family, Ben.? The Twi?lek patted his forearm giving him a saucy wink before she left.

?Well, I?m impressed!? Lin said. ?I?ve heard it?s impossible to get a table here without a reservation.?

Ben smiled, placing his hand on the small of Lin?s back and relishing in the sensation of how well it fit there. He felt her shiver slightly against his fingers. ?My family has been coming here since I was a young boy. Come to think of it?my parents were coming here even before we were born.?

They sat down at the beautifully decorated table with shimmersilk upholstered seating and subtle lighting. Ben helped Lin with her chair as Ato handed them two lovely, hand painted parchment menus.

A pretty blonde woman approached them carrying a bottle of Dubarian Champagne. ?Greetings and welcome to Alida?s, my name is Laureen and I?ll be serving you this evening.? She popped the bottle open, pouring the fragrant lilac colored liquid into the gli

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    How cool!!!!!! Using Alida's as a setting and a server named Laureen!!! :) :) :)
    Wow, for someone who couldn't get the words out, Ben sure did a good job. [face_love] [face_laugh]
    Yikes, I know why Lin said what she did, and I almost believed it, except for the last line. :p ;) Argh!! Maybe when this all settles, they can have a heart-to-heart and she can be open with him about her feelings. It'll have to come from her though, he's certainly not gonna bring it up again.
    And.... it'll have to happen at Alida's. :D [face_dancing]
    Outstanding update as always. [:D]

25. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Fantastic! So I wonder, who's Jaryn's master?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.