main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi My early return to the JCF

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by rktho, Dec 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rktho

rktho Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 29, 2020
    H'chu apenkee! Most of you may not remember me, but I joined about seven months ago. About a month in, I received my call to serve a local mission in my home area. I decided to take a hiatus from this forum to focus on my mission. However, I have come into a significant amount of unanticipated free time owing to COVID shutdowns of some of the facilities where I serve, and have completed my first semester at BYU Pathways Online. So I have decided that I will be able to visit this forum in my spare time as I serve the remaining year and a half of my mission. For those of you who were following my story, Du Doompa, I do not plan to resume writing it at this time, but I will once again be posting chapters I have already written. I have also written a oneshot entitled A Warrior's Trappings, featuring Din Djarin and two other characters, which I will be publishing here shortly.

For those of you who do not remember me, allow me to reintroduce myself! I am 20 years old, white, and male, and am currently serving a part-time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am an aspiring writer and fanatical Star Wars fan (although the sequel trilogy is dead to me and so is any media that forces me to acknowledge its existence— which, surprisingly, the children's show Resistance does not.) I used to read Wookieepedia in middle school and still keep fairly up to date on Star Wars trivia. I am a Huttese expert (and if you need me to write dialogue for you, I'm always available!) If you like alien representation, you'll like my writing, and I also try to include diverse human representation as well. I look forward to reconnecting with old friends and making new ones!

2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Welcome back, @rktho!

I was just about to make my exit when I saw this posting. Well, I certainly look forward to reading your one shot: A Warrior's Trappings, after you publish it. Could you please link it when it is ready? or simply direct us to the appropriate thread? ( thanks in advance ;) ). It is good to hear that you are well, given the current global crisis. Stay as long as you like and please continue to be safe. [face_peace]

Force be with you.

Bazinga'd and darthbernael like this.
  3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome Back @rktho - interesting name! Glad to have you back with us, yes Covid has given many of us time to consider our options ;)

rktho likes this.
  4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome Back!

rktho likes this.
  5. rktho

rktho Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 29, 2020
    Certainly! And while I'm add it, I'll link you to my other stuff as well.

A Warrior's Trappings (Din Djarin ft. Hondo Ohnaka and
    Enfys Nest
    Du Doompa (Original characters; ft. Hondo Ohnaka and Enfys Nest)
    Leatherface (Original character)
    Amber and Idiot's Arrays (Original character ft. Lando Calrissian and L3-37)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    greyjedi125 and ZV-83 like this.
  6. ZV-83

ZV-83 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2020
    Hello @rktho Just read A Warrior's Trappings, was fun to read and you really nailed the dialog! I don't have an AO3 account (yet), but clicked the kudos button =D=

greyjedi125 and rktho like this.
  7. rktho

rktho Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 29, 2020
    Thank you so much for the read!

greyjedi125 and ZV-83 like this.
  8. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Indeed, the dialog kept me reading on. Very organic in feel. You definitely nailed the Mandalorian's character. [face_peace]

rktho likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Welcome back to the JCF @rktho

rktho and SithOverlord101 like this.
  10. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Welcome back! Was this something you were writing on the fanfic board?

11. rktho

rktho Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 29, 2020
    Yes, it was! It was a longterm project of mine I decided to share here. There are two oneshots that serve as sidestories to the main fic, and then there's the Mandalorian oneshot that doesn't have all that much to do with it, but features two canon characters who appear in the fic.

12. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    Hello there rktho and welcome back to the forums :)

rktho likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.