main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive My first art thread...Artwork of Cat Staggs

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by gatodama, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gatodama

gatodama LFL Artist star 3 VIP

May 17, 2002
    thanks guys..it is done is Copic Markers

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Markers?! Wow! :eek:

I like it even more now that you say that. =D=

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    **swoons**

...and is jealous, too! ;) :D

Markers?! I would have said paint of any sort first! Absolutely amazing--I love this so much: Obi Wan with a little smile on his face--something we saw so rarely in all of the movies. A wonderful expression, a wonderful piece! =D==D=

FF

4. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    :eek: please excuse me while I retrieve my jaw....

=D= =D= BEAUTIFUL! It really looks like obi wan, its an awesome perfect likeness and I soooo love it when Obi Wan smiles. SOOO cool, GREAT job, and I can't believe its markers either!!!!

=D=

5. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Simply wow! That's amazing work. I'd say the emeergency art system test was highly successful! :)

6. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    thanks again everyone

another commission

Darth Maul

[image=http://www.airbrushcat.com/newart3/darthmaul.jpg]

7. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    That is a sweet picture of darth Maul. well done!

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    As always, you never cease to amaze me with your work. Darth Maul looks spot on! Excellent job! :D

Although, I do have a quick question for you. I can't quite recall if I saw your name or not, but did you do any work for the new "Draw Star Wars" book that was just released? I saw Tom Hodges and Matt Busch have done work for it and I was interested to know if you were involved as well. I'm seriously considering picking that book up.

9. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    sadly no..I was initially slated to be a part of it in the begining but DK decided to go another route. I will have more tutorials up on Star Wars dot com in the future.

10. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    That's too bad about the book, because your work is simply fantastic! That's a wonderful Darth Maul, I love the pose!

11. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I agree with Basement. Your work would've looked great in that book. Oh well, I'll be looking forward to your tutorials on SW.com, though. I really loved your Han Solo one! [face_mischief]

12. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    gatodama wrote: "sadly no..I was initially slated to be a part of it in the begining but DK decided to go another route."

Well...we here in the Fan Art forum know precisely what a treasure they overlooked, Cat--your tutorials are fabulous, and should have been part of the book, even if it was just one or two pieces. Very much too bad--for you and for them--they really missed out on your tremendous skills as an artist and a teacher.

The Darth Maul piece is amazing--I just love the angle to that: so dynamic! And keeping his face in such a close-frame while including the hand and weapon had to be a perspective trick, I would think! =D=

FF

13. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    wow guys..thanks so much. It is really nice to know how you all feel. I have to say when it all came down in the begining it stung pretty good. And this release is a tad bitter sweet even 9 months later...I am happy for my colleagues and wish them all the best with this book and can only hope that in the future more projects like this one or others will come my way.

Now..How do I get an avatar with my recent Maul sketch? Who do I gotta talk to! ;)

More art will be posted soon

14. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    Just and FYI..Those attending CIV..My print has been approved and I will be there! Look forward to seeing all of you!

15. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    MAn! D. Maul ROCKS!!!!!! That picture is beyond an incredible likeness, its practically a photo!

Gorgeous gorgeous!!!!!!!!!
    =D=

16. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    a few cards..one was a commission and the other is for something else to be named later...

[image=http://www.airbrushcat.com/newart3/obiwan2.jpg]

[image=http://www.airbrushcat.com/newart3/obi.jpg]

CIV Final Art was apporved...Here is a teaser

[image=http://www.airbrushcat.com/CIV-LONDON/tease3.jpg]

17. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Sir Alec!! **grins madly** As great a job as Ewan did with the role, Sir Alec will forever (to me, anyway) be Obi Wan Kenobi. I love both of these--the aging but still cagey warrior, weapon in hand, and the thoughtful, wise old Master, considering before answering a question... Beautiful colors, and flawless likenesses of our esteemed Master Jedi... =D==D=

**stares at teaser**

First--big congrats on the approval for your piece! =D= Hmmm...I'm thinking it's a Rebel flight helmet, upside down... **stares some more, imagination churning** Maybe Luke's...? **fidgets** Now I can't wait to see it! I can't go to C4--will you be showing us here, after the event is over...? Or will it be up on your site? I'm going to need to see the whole thing, now! ;) Fantastic work, as always! :D

FF

18. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    Thanks FF

I am looking forward to sharing it with everyone..I am really proud of the piece. I look forward to hearing what the fans think.

I am sure there will be a way to get a hold of one..even if you have someone get one for you. It will be up on my site.. as well as SWdotcom..I may even post it in here.

thanks again for looking. more to come!

Cat

19. DARKMETHOD

DARKMETHOD Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    cat are you still here in sa? i still want to buy one of your peices or maybe you can do a custom one for me?

take care, PM me

alfred

20. jedipencil

jedipencil Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 1 VIP

Oct 30, 2006
    Incredible work as always, Cat!! Want..... to see.....TEASER!!! :)

Ingrid

21. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    [image=http://www.airbrushcat.com/CIV-LONDON/WEBSITE.jpg]

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20070405.html

My print

[image=http://www.airbrushcat.com/CIV-LONDON/CIVweb.jpg]

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Squee!!! =D==D= It's our Hero, The Flying Farmboy!! =D= Wow, Cat--this is too awesome: the classic fighter-pilot-climbing-out-of-his-ship pose--and composed into a recruiting poster, no less! Perfect! What a wonderful piece--and so deserving of being included in the banner! Awesomeness epitomized! =D= Gosh, I wish I could go to C4... **pouts** This is just wonderful!

FF

23. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    Thanks so much! Your compliments are always so nice. I am sure if you want a copy of mine or anyones, you can find someone who can pick one up for you, yes?

Here is a detail of the Luke illustration. Done in Copic Markers and is about 20" x 17"

[image=http://www.airbrushcat.com/CIV-LONDON/CIVlukeweb.jpg]

24. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Lordy...such detailing! How do you get such beautiful blending with markers?! It just doesn't seem like it would be possible... The shadows, the highlights...his hair and face... And I'd be tearing out all of my own hair, having to draw all those X-wings back there! lol! Respect!! **bows** Just stunning!

FF

25. Ty_Ordell

Ty_Ordell Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2002
    I agree I never would have guessed this to be markers. I saw this piece first at Dev-Art and I think I started dev-watching you once I saw this piece. The colors are very well done on this, and a very original idea too. I myself can't use markers. Not that I don't think I'd be very good at it but because my 2 year old son is too mischevious, and enjoys coloring on everything you can imagine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.