main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fantasy My Little Pony: Welcome to Canterville

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by s65horsey, Aug 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    My Little Pony

[image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110805212303/mlp/images/thumb/c/c5/Ponyville.png/701px-Ponyville.png]

The land of Canterville is a lush green village with galloping hills and trees for shade. A small lake sits at the outskirts of the village filled with magical creatures. The mane part of town has dirt roads, bakeries, a doctor?s office, and a playground with jumps. Thanfully you won?t have to pony up for high prices as everything is free in Canterville! Tiny barns line the streets for each pony to live in.

In Canterville the ponies frolic and play each and every day. Sometimes the ponies get together and have magical adventures throughout all of Canterville. Other times ponies stay in their barns and have adventures of the imagination.

My Little Ponies are ponies of every shape and size. Use your imagination when creating your pony or look one up to play an already created pony like Apple Jack, Pinkie Pie, or Rarity. Some ponies are unicorns and some have wings like pegasi. Everypony Keep in mind if you want your pony to be able to fly it must be listed as a Pegasus.

The Neighor of the town, known as Neighor Mare would like to greet all of the new ponies coming to Canterville. Please gather at the water trough .

[image=http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k87/s65horsey/myPony.png]

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110805221906/mlp/images/thumb/b/b8/GtBO_Townsquare.png/701px-GtBO_Townsquare.png]

The intention of the game is to be small and goofy. The more puns you can fit into a post the better off we all will be.

Please send me your CS for approval.
    CS:
    Name:
    Pony type [regular, unicorn, Pegasus]:
    Coat Color:
    Hair Color:
    Eye Color:
    Cutie Mark:
    Special ability:
    Relatives:
    Favorite Food:
    Feel Free to include drawing or picture of your pony: link to pony creator

2. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    GM Approved!

Manticores, dragons, phony magicians. It's a tough job fighting crime on the mean streets of Equestria... but I'm the pony to do it.

Name: Officer Bobbi Peeler (she usually goes by Officer Bobbi)
    Pony type [regular, unicorn, Pegasus]: Earth (regular) pony
    Coat Color: Blue
    Hair Color: Yellow/orange
    Eye Color: Teal
    Cutie Mark: A golden shield
    Special ability: Unerring thirst for justice
    Relatives: Sheriff Silver Star in Appleloosa, Detective Renee Mountoya in Manehattan.
    Favorite Food: Donuts. Obviously.

[image=http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/Livi-Wan/myPony.png]

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    GM Approved

Name: Doctor Whooves
    Pony type [regular, unicorn, Pegasus]: Regular (Last of the Time Horses?)
    Coat Color: Brown
    Hair Color: Brown
    Eye Color: Blue
    Cutie Mark: An hourglass
    Special ability: Excellent time management skills and an uncanny ability to be on time for absolutely any appointment. He's suspiciously averse to discussing the latter.
    Relatives: None
    Favorite Food: Fish fingers and custard
    [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110216030222/mlp/images/5/56/Doctor_Whooves_id.png]

4. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    GM APPROVED

Name: Hot Coals (male)
    Pony type: Unicorn Pony
    Coat Color: Dark Red
    Hair Color: Yellow with orange stripes- when he is in motion, tail and mane almost look like they're burning
    Eye Color: Gold
    Cutie Mark: A lit match
    Special ability: Able to start fires anywhere and everywhere
    Relatives: Cousin of Snails.
    Favorite Food: Roasted Marshmellows

If you see a red unicorn pony running as fast as he can away from someplace, you might want to follow his lead. Hot Coals is a walking pyro and is on a never ending quest to find things that burn. And the more flamable the better.
    [image=http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss55/Clonetroopersrule/hotcoalsguy.png]

Name: Speedwell (male)
    Pony type: Earth Pony
    Coat Color: Minty green
    Hair Color: Purply blue
    Eye Color: Dark purple
    Cutie Mark: three purple/blue flowers with 4 petals
    Special ability: Staying chilled.
    Relatives: Cheerilee is a favourite cousin
    Favorite Food: Dandylions

Don't let his name fool you, Speedwell is one chillin' equine. There's nothing he loves better than spreading peace and love. Or love and peace. If you need a herbal remedy, or a really good back massage, his tie-dye teepee is the place to be.
    [image=http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss55/Clonetroopersrule/speedwell.png]

5. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    OOC: Welcome to the game! To anyone late to the party feel free to still send a CS in. I will let you all get your hooves wet rping as a pony for a bit before setting forth some drama and a task! Good luck!

IC: Neighor Mare
    Town square Arena

?Welcome friends and neighbors! My name is Neighor Mare and I would like to say how happy I am to see you all here in Canterville. Canterville is a wonderful, friendly place full of apples and sugar cubes. You will see a rainbow and a friend every day.?

Neighbor Mare paused and smiled at Doctor Whooves, Officer Bobbi, Hot Coals, and Speedwell. She knew their names even though they had just arrived. Mare was always one trot ahead of the ponies of Canterville.

?I encourage you to all check out what the town has to offer. Please visit with the store owners and especially each other once you get yourponyselves settled into your barns.?

She flicked her left ear back listening to the far off sound of Applejack frolicking through the orchard. She heard the delighted squeal of Pinkie Pie as she galloped into view on the other side of the arena lost her footing and somersaulted into a hay bale.

Mare grimaced a little and hoped Officer Bobbi knew what she was getting into when she signed up to come help out in Canterville. Most of the villagers were calm and even tempered ponies, but Pinkie Pie would definitely rate a 7 on the scale of calm to nutcase. Mare loved her dearly though and would head over to nuzzle her and make sure she didn?t suffer any bruises from her tumble. Someday Pinkie Pie would learn to pick up her hooves or rein it in.

?Please let me know if you have any questions. I can?t wait to get to know you all better!?

Tag: ramza, helinith, livi-wan

6. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Officer Bobbi
    Town Square Arena

Bobbi cast a critical eye over the group of ponies assembled in the town square. So there were some of the fillies and colts she had been assigned to protect. Well, they looked upstanding enough. Bobbi had to admit, a sleepy little town like this wasn't exactly what she'd hoped for when she'd discovered she was going to be transferred from the Hoofington PD. But then, after the Haybale Incident Bobbi supposed she couldn't be picky.

What a Celestia-damned mess that had been.

Letting painful memories of the past lie, Bobbi gave the rest of the ponies a nod. As far as they all knew, she'd volunteered to be here, after all.

"Howdy, citizens. I'm Officer Bobbi. Should y'all have need of me, just visit the police station on Canterlot Corner." The police station was, in fact, her home. Most of the smaller towns in Equestria just didn't have police departments, not needing to dispatch Celestia's justice too often.

"I'd be happy to solve any crimes you got going."

[TAG ramza, helenith, horsey]

7. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    Speedwell
    Town Square

Speedwell chewed on a grass stalk slowly as he listened to the blue pegasus and sherif conversing. His ears flicked every so often and eyes half closed, peering out from under the huge afro balanced on top of his head.
    "Howdy, citizens. I'm Officer Bobbi. Should y'all have need of me, just visit the police station on Canterlot Corner. I'd be happy to solve any crimes you got going."

The hippy pony's tail flicked slightly.
    "Hey Sherif. Hey Neighor Mare. Speedwell's the name." His long, slow, almost sleepy tone was enough to make anypony to relax. "Any of you folk here know where there'd be room to set up my Tee-pee?"
    He nodded back to the brightly coloured cart he had been pulling, in which the folded canvas of a rainbow tie-dye tee-pee could be seen amoungst various odds and ends including tent poles and unmarked cardboard boxes.

Hot Coals
    Town Square

Hot Coals was bored of all this conversation. He'd come to stay with his Aunt and Uncle in the sleepy town of Canterville and he was already dreading having to avoid Snails, his cousin, from following him around. Unless Snails now had someone else to play with. But that was very unlikely. The red pony flicked his tail impatiently. Come ON already. When would all these pleasentries be over and done with? He stomped a hoof, rudely, before making up his mind and wandering towards the haybale that a pink earth pony had fallen into. Hay was one of his favourite things, and not because it was edible.

Tag: ramza, sey, livi-wan

8. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Doctor Whooves
    Town Square Arena

The schedule, as Doctor Whooves typically phrased it - was in flux. It was a peculiar phenomenon that often started with a few innocuous alterations - an opening here, a cancellation there, an unexpected mane grooming appointment. After that, it would escalate into entire days worth of time where he had nothing to do but horse around, and then, ultimately, he'd get an entire week off, and the next thing he knew he'd be right on time for another welcome to town ceremony miles away.

And he did mean right on time. Doctor Whooves had never been late for a single appointment ever. It was surreal. Many ponies spoke in hushed tones of strange things ahoof with regards to this ability, but that was a secret closely guarded between two ponies - Doctor Whooves himself, and also himself. Which actually made it a secret between exactly one pony, but it sounded cooler when it had a mythical coconspirator involved. Doctor Whooves dug cool. He considered himself a cool sort of pony.

He wasn't, but that was besides the point.

"Nice to make your acquaintances Speedwell, Bobbi, Neighor Mare, and uh... pony who is just kind of walking off in some other direction, really it is," his voice fired off at a hyperspeed gallop, in a marked contrast to Speedwell's, and indeed even Bobbi's, pace. "I'm looking forward to -" He clicked his tongue. "Teeth. Weird. ... I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you, which I will, inevitably, because I'm the new mailpony. I deliver packages now. Packages are cool. Ah, incidentally, Speedwell, Speederino, Speedimus, there's actually a fair amount of free space by my barn, so you could probably set up your tee-pee thereaboutish. Assuming the Neighor's okay with it, obviously."

TAG: All

9. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Officer Bobbi
    Town Square Arena

"Ah, incidentally, Speedwell, Speederino, Speedimus, there's actually a fair amount of free space by my barn, so you could probably set up your tee-pee thereaboutish. Assuming the Neighor's okay with it, obviously."

Ooh, zoning laws. Here was something that Bobbi could help out with. And by 'help' we mean 'make a million times more complicated'.

"Actually Mister Speedwell, if you're intending to pitch that there dwelling anywhere other than a designated camping area- say, the one around the town square- I'd advise ya'll to seek out a zoning permit, even if you have the express permission of the landowner in question. Best to keep everything tidy-like, after all."

Paperwork! Anybody other than a unicorn had a lot of trouble with it (pens being a bane on every earth pony and pegasi's existence), but by Celestia's sunrise it kept the pony folk in line. Speaking of- Bobbi hadn't got this colt's name. She turned to the brown pony before he could start talking again.

"I didn't quite catch your name, sir."

[TAG ramza, helinith, sey]

10. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    OOC: Posting to interact with helinith's one character since he wandered towards an NPC. Everyone else feel free to keep interacting if you'd like for a bit!

IC: Pinkie Pie
    On the ground stuck in a haybale

"Ooof!" Pinkie Pie's high pitched voice squeaked as she ended up with her head stuck in a hay bale. Normally ponies loved to have their heads near hay bales, but to be completely stuck was quite embarrassing. She lifted her head up, bale still attached and stumbled around for a bit.

"Help! Oh my gosh! My head is stuck in a hay bale. I need someone to get the hay bale off my head so I can see again. Please. Please. Please. I would really like to be able to see again!"

Life was never dull around Canterville now that Pinkie Pie had moved to town. She was the self-professed party pony and was oh so very excited about the new ponies arriving in town. She couldn't wait to discuss all of their cutie marks and what they wanted to do for fun. Pinkie Pie loved fun.

"How am I supposed to throw a party if I can't see?" She neighed sadly.

Tag: helinith, ramza, livi

11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Doctor Whooves
    Town Square Arena

Doctor Whooves nodded attentively as Officer Bobbi proceeded to give them an impromptu lesson in... zoning... or something. He wasn't totally sure how a teepee was the same as a zone, but she spoke with a great deal of authority on the subject and he chalked the disparity up to regional dialect variances. Clearly a "zone" was the way cool ponies said "teepee" in these parts. He could dig it.

"Oh, jeez, you're right, I'm sorry, I completely forgot to introduce myself to everypony. Name's the Doctor... er, rather, Doctor Whooves. Most folks call me Doctor, in any case, but I also answer to my full name, Whooves, Professor... just not DW and never, ever, ever Doc. Ever. Really, it's a rubbish nickname. But other than that take your pick, whatever clops your trot."

12. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    Speedwell
    Town Square

The chilled pony's ears twitched slowly under his huge hair as he listened to the ongoing conversation. "Why thank-you for the invitation, Doctor. I'd be glad to take you up on it."
    Speedwell turned his head to gaze at the sheriff; who seemed to be digging herself enthusiasticly into the day-to-day running of the town already. "You do whatever you need to do sheriff. I'll be setting up next to this pony here's barn. That is if it's not too far away from the main street." His tiny tail flicked half-lazily. "I wouldn't like to be too much of a distance from the town centre. I'm here to spread some love, after all."
    The ears of the minty green pony twitched again as a fly tried to settle on one of them.

Hot Coals
    Approaching hay bale

"Help! Oh my gosh! My head is stuck in a hay bale. I need someone to get the hay bale off my head so I can see again. Please. Please. Please. I would really like to be able to see again! How am I supposed to throw a party if I can't see?"
    Hot Coals approached the hay bale, slightly puzzled. "You... you're a talking hay bale? Do talking hay bales party often?" Maybe he shouldn't burn the bale to the ground quite yet, he thought to himself. He'd never met a talking hay bale before.

TAG: Everypony

13. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Officer Bobbi

Bobbi listened to Speedwell and they pony who called himself Doctor Whooves (though didn't medical ponies usually reflect that in their cutie mark? Oh well, maybe he was a doctor of mail or hourglasses or something) and sighed.

"Fine, if there's a mutual agreement between you both I suppose it's alright."

Of course, it wasn't alright: not according to the Laws and Ordinances of Equestria, but Bobbi was doing her best to unbend on the legal front a bit. She didn't want another Haybale Incident, after all. Nobody did.

That was the trouble with living in Equestria. There was very little actual crime. Everypony just seemed to get along so danged well. Could anypony blame a gal for getting over-enthusiastic?

[TAG All]

14. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Pinkie Pie
    Stuck in a haybale

Pinkie Pie had hoped the nice pony near her would free her from the hay bale, but it appeared Pinkie Pie was going to have to help herself.

"You... you're a talking hay bale? Do talking hay bales party often?" The pony asked.

"A talking hay bale? Oh my gosh! I am not a talking hay bale! I'm a pony! Can't you tell?" Pinkie Pie replied indignantly. She squirmed and wriggled attempting to free herself from the hay bale. She jumped, she kicked, she squatted. Her pony butt went left. Her pony butt went right. Eventually she anchored her rump on the ground, her back hooves placed on the hay bale and she pushed.

With a loud POP! she was free and the hay bale went flying across the ground several feet. Pinkie Pie stood and shook out her bright pink mane in an attempt to remove the bits of hay sticking out of her mane. Her hair fluffed out in its usual curly look.

"Ahem," she started, "I am Pinkie Pie and I love throwing parties. I heard some new ponies were moving in today and I want to throw them a party. Are you one of the new ponies? Would you like to help me throw a party?"

Tag: darthhelinith

Neighor Mare
    Town Square Arena

"It is good to see you all taking care of yourselves. Officer Bobbi, Speedwell, and Dr. Whooves I have an important task for you all once you get settled. I would like you to meet back here and work together to solve a problem that has been occurring in the great town of Canterville. I will send Spike, with you to accompany you on your trek into the Everfree Forest. One of our residents, Twilight Sparkle, is in need of some ingredients for a new protective spell. She needs some ponydew, a spurstar, and three sparklegirths. If you do no know of these items, Spike will be here soon to answer all of your questions. Please be careful, there are many dangers in the Everfree forest. I have confidence that you three will have the skills to be great assets to Canterville.

Tag: Ponies

15. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Officer Bobbi
    Town Square Arena

"One of our residents, Twilight Sparkle, is in need of some ingredients for a new protective spell. She needs some ponydew, a spurstar, and three sparklegirths. If you do no know of these items, Spike will be here soon to answer all of your questions. Please be careful, there are many dangers in the Everfree forest. I have confidence that you three will have the skills to be great assets to Canterville."

What the hay?

Bobbi blinked in confusion at the Neighor's request. She was a police officer, not some kind of fancy pants herb expert. Hell, she could barely tell the difference between hay and straw. Was this really how they treated their law enforcement out here in the sticks? What if there was a crime while she was away? Bobbi was beginning to feel like nopony was taking her seriously at all.

Mind you, the Everfree Forest had a lot of dangerous beasts, and Speedwell and Doctor Whooves didn't look like the beefiest of colts. Maybe they needed protecting. And she'd heard tell that there was a lot of outlaws there.

"Sure thing, Miss Neighor." Bobbi tipped her hat in what she thought was a friendly manner. "I'll make sure that Mr. Speedwell and the Doctor here are kept safe."

[TAG All]

16. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    Hot Coals
    With pinkie pie

""A talking hay bale? Oh my gosh! I am not a talking hay bale! I'm a pony! Can't you tell?" The hay bale fell apart and a pink pony popped out.
    "Of course I could tell, I knew all along." Hot Coals flicked his mane crossly, annoyed that he'd been fooled, and a few orange hairs flew off like sparks.
    "Ahem," the pink pony began again. "I am Pinkie Pie and I love throwing parties. I heard some new ponies were moving in today and I want to throw them a party. Are you one of the new ponies? Would you like to help me throw a party?"
    "Well..." Hot Coals tried to think of an excuse not to, but couldn't. "Maybe. Only if there is a fire though. I like fires."
    His tail swished in excitement at the thought of flames leaping up from wood, dancing across dry bracken and leaping into the air in delight.

TAG: Sey

Speedwell
    Town Square

Speedwell listened to the conversation, eyes half closed, as always. "Ponydew and spurstar make a good muscle rub." The pony decided to pick some up for himself if there was extra to go around. His ears had pricked with interest at the mention of sparklegirths; he had never heard of them before.
    "I'd be happy to join in with this here hunt. Anything to help a neighbour."

Tag: All

17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Doctor Whooves
    Town Square Arena

"So it's a delivery then? That's right up my alley. I'll be on it like a very sticky thing on something else that is also incredibly sticky." Doctor Whooves took great pride in his ability to make deliveries. It was, after all, his thing now, delivering packages and, as has been already noted, he considered this to be a sign that packages were cool, like him.

Those of you paying attention will have previously noted that we specifically denied this point, but that particularly nuance alluded our erstwhile equine.

"Looks like Officer Bobbi is game. And it seems Speederino here is already familiar with two of our objectives, so that should make our lives considerably easier, eh? As for the third, we can just get this - Spike was it? Odd, single syllable name. Very strange. Can't say I've met anypony that had a single syllable name, yes, most peculiar, although most horses and I get along just fine until they try to sell me apples."

Oh god, in his mind's eye he could see it.

The apples.

The apples!

AND THEY JUST KEPT TRYING TO SELL THEM!

Doctor Whooves was unable to repress the shutter that followed. "He's... uh, he's not going to try and sell me apples, is he?"

18. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Road to Everfree Forrest

The three ponies were joined by a small, purple dragon with green scales named Spike. The dragon was the apprentice of Twilight Sparkle, Canterville?s esteemed magical unicorn. Spike kept up a steady stream of conversation with the ponies as they made their way down the road to Everfree Forrest. The darkness soon engulfed the ponies and the trees appeared to reach out to touch them as they passed. Spooky sounds accompanied the ponies as they trotted into the dark forest.

While they were walking Spike described the plants they were looking for in greater detail. Ponydew was a moss that grew on Hooftrees that contained horseshow shaded leaves. Spurstar was a stunning silver flower that was difficult to find because it didn?t have a specific growing location. The silver flower could be found anywhere in the Everfree Forrest though Spike was working on collecting more information on where to find them in the hopes of discovering a pattern. So far several had been found by groves of Poison Joke, blue flowers that if somepony steps on will play jokes on you. Spike informed the ponies to look for the Poison Joke first and then try to find the Spurstar. The final ingredient, sparklegirths were vines with little yellow buttercup flowers attached. Sparklegirths were beyond the home of the Zecora the zebra with glowing yellow eyes who is the only pony to make her home in the Everfree Forrest.

Spike was excited to be spending time with the new ponies. He loved observing the behavior of the ponies in Canterville. His closest friends frequently had many adventures and he hoped this herd would take the time to learn about each other so they could do the same.

Tag: helinith, livi, ramza

Sugarcube Corner

Pinkie Pie led the new pony to her favorite place in all of Canterville, Sugarcube Corner. Here they were surrounded by cakes, sugar, balloons, and many other brightly colored objects. First order of business was to decide on the food for the party. Pinkie Pie got to work mixing flour, eggs, and sugar. After she mixed the batter she handed the cupcakes over to Hot Coals to bake. With a name like Hot Coals she figured he?d have those cup cakes done in no time. She hovered around him, hopping up and down, waiting to be able to decorate the cup cakes.

?So Hot Coals, what should be the theme of this party?? She asked in her high pitched voice.

Tag: Helinith

19. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Officer Bobbi
    The Everfree Forest

Bobbi trotted slightly ahead of the group, half-listening to Spike ramble on about the flowers they were supposed to find and half keeping an ear out for any strange noises. The trouble was, this was the Everfree Forest. It was all strange noises. The police pony couldn't suppress a shudder as they passed into the shade of its trees. It was here, after all, that the benevolent reign of Celestia seemed to hold no sway. The plants grew by themselves in a wild tangle and weather came and went unregulated by pegasus ponies. Even the animals here existed with no help from anypony. What kind of place was it for proper law abiding folk?

Furthermore, it was here where Nightmare Moon had made her home during the Summer Sun Incident. As damming an indictment of the Everfree Forest as any Bobbi could think of.

"Now stay close." she commanded as they entered the forest. "I don't want any of y'all wandering off and doing yourselves a mischief."

[TAG All]

20. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    IC: Hot Coals

Hot coals looked at the cupcakes and bit his lip. Concentrating hard, he channelled his unicorn magic to his horn, and through to the tray the cupcakes stood on, heating them. It was a trick his Mum had taught him, although he?d never needed to use it until now. The pink pony kept bouncing around and it was making him a little jumpy. He was trying to concentrate on the heat spell but it was difficult.
    ?So Hot Coals, what should be the theme of this party??
    There was a large bang and both ponies flew backwards as around a dozen cupcakes flew up in the air. Hot Coals landed with a thump on his stomach, shaking his head to clear it and quickly saving 5 of the cupcakes from the floor with a generic levitation spell. He could only hope Pinkie Pie had caught the others, although with her just being an earth pony, he didn?t really see how that was possible.
    ?Well the theme of this party could be? falling over. We both seem to have been doing that today.? He chuckled at the joke.

Tag: Sey

IC: Speedwell

Speedwell listened with interest to Spike's talk of the plants they were looking for. He made a mental note as to their locations, so he could come back at a later time and take some cuttings sometime. The green pony didn't even notice the spooky rustles of leaves and bracken, still chewing on a mouthfull of grass he'd taken from near the forest's edge. A small bird, startled from a bush by a creaking sound decided to perch on top of his large mane, preening its feathers.

"Now stay close. I don't want any of y'all wandering off and doing yourselves a mischief." That sherif pony sure fancied herself in charge. That being said, Speedwell didn't really mind who was in charge.
    "Whatever you say, sherif. We're right behind you."
    He glanced at the Doctor Pony, who seemed a little stressed.
    "You need something to calm you a little? I've got some lavender scent if you need it."

Tags: All

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Doctor Whooves
    Road to Everfree Forrest

Spike's monosyllabic name, which Dr. Whooves had not quite been able to put his hoof on the reasoning behind, had apparently been the result of its bearer being of a distinctively draconic descent. An acceptable answer, and it also fit the rather established two or more syllable naming convention he had picked up on. Spike was a talkative fellow, which the colt appreciated, as it finally gave him someone whose rate of speech could keep up with his absurd verbal gallop. Well, almost. But that was better than usual! He was also not attempting to sell him any apples - nor, indeed, were any of the unsettling noises coming from the Forrest, so that was a plus.

Spooky noises were one thing - it was when they started trying to pass off produce that you really had to be worried.

In any case between the time-keeping steed and the purple dragon - which would probably be a half-decent name for a 1970s prog rock ensemble - quite a bit of information had been obtained about the three ingredients. That was also a plus. "No thank you Speedwell m'boy, I was just a bit... er, perturbed earlier. Bad memories. Apple vendors. You know how it is."

"Now stay close, I don't want any of y'all wandering off and doing yourselves a mischief."

Officer Bobbi was apparently under the impression that mischief was Doctor Whooves' middle name. This was an incorrect supposition - Doctor Whooves had sixteen names, making a middle name a mathematical impossibility, but it just so happens that the one situated between Matt and Patrick was, indeed, Mischief, but that was really more towards the front of the herd of names. He figured that if one were to expand the definition of middle to incorporate the sort of vast amorphous blob of "between" names situated in a group bounded on the lower side by Whooves and on the upper side by Doctor then, yes, that would probably make Mischief his middle name, but then so would Matt and Patrick and William and Tom and it just sort of became a mess, really.

This entire paragraph of reasoning passed before it occurred to our intrepid adventurer that nothing regarding mischief being any sort of name had actually been said aloud. Inferences were running away from him at, if not a full gallop, a steady sort of trot, and indeed the narration was beginning to reflect this. He wasn't aware of the narration, of course, this isn't that sort of game, but you are, since you're sitting there reading it for some reason, so you've probably noticed a tendency for these paragraphs to sort of spiral into nonsense rambling. This is actually a metacontextual device used to provide an illustration of Doctor Whooves' mental processes, endless tangents upon endless still further tangents that would somehow wrap around to meet each other again.

It'd be clever if it weren't so bloody pretentious.

"I don't think there's anything you particular need to worry about, Officer Bobbi, ma'am. Worst case scenario something nasty eats us. That's actually sort of funny in a cosmic sort of way, by which I mean I guess it wouldn't be all that funny, which insofar as I've been able to tell is what cosmic means. In any case what would actually be funny is if we stumbled upon some Poison Joke. You ever see that stuff in action? Fantastic! Last time I got into some my mane tied itself up into a bowtie - heck, it was even a cool bowtie, which is sort of a given, bowties are cool - but my old chum Derpy thought it was hilarious, so that's really all that matters, innit? Where was I going with this - oh, right, you're sort of in the lead after a fashion, any idea where we ought to look first?"

GrimdarkRose likes this.
  22. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Officer Bobbi
    The Everfree Forest

"oh, right, you're sort of in the lead after a fashion, any idea where we ought to look first?"

Bobbi's eyes unglazed behind her sunglasses as Whooves' monologue came to a close with a question, seemingly directed at her. Oh sure, she'd done her best to pay attention but he'd started talking about cosmic things and her mind had just wandered like it usually did. Fancypants astrological stuff like that was best left to clever ponies like the Doctor, all things considered. Maybe that's what his Doctorate was in.

Anyway, where to look first? Bobbi dredged up the map in the Sheriff's office from the dusty corners of her memory.

"Well, they always say start with the furthest point first." she said, in her best authoritative voice. "I'm guessin' that's Zecora's. So we could make our way out there and work back lookin' for the plants as we go. Sound good to everypony?"

[TAG All]

23. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    IC: Speedwell
    Everfree Forest

"No thank you Speedwell m'boy, I was just a bit... er, perturbed earlier. Bad memories. Apple vendors. You know how it is."
    Speedwell had no idea how it was. He actually quite liked buying from apple venders; the apple vendors he'd met in Applosa during his travels were particularly pleasant. But he wasn't one to pick at other people's dislikes. However, he double-checked he had the lavender scent in his small waistcoat pocket, just in case. Finding it, he settled back into his contented, lazy stroll, as the small bird perched on top of his mane and tweeted happily using an ichirrup- "just found pony w/ HUGE purple hair lolz #badhairday"

Whooves had asked the Sheriff pony where they should start looking for the plants, and Speedwell listened close as the sheriff replied; "Well, they always say start with the furthest point first. I'm guessin' that's Zecora's. So we could make our way out there and work back lookin' for the plants as we go. Sound good to everypony?"

"That sounds right about fine to me, shiriff. We'd best keep an eye out for that poison joke though, I don't fancy stepping in it."

TAG: everypony

24. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Everfree Forest

The ponies decided to follow Officer Bobbi?s advice and make their way to Zecora?s house in the Everfree Forest. The little purple dragon, Spike, led the way along the treacherous path.

?Be careful off to the left, ponies! There is some Poison Joke over there.? Spike pointed out while hoping the ponies were paying attention. He knew Officer Bobbi would, but he wondered about Doctor Hooves. The pony sometimes appeared to be in another time rather than in Canterville with them. The younger pony Speedwell also might not be paying attention as he was busy inputing information into hit ichirrup. Oh well, at least Zecora knew how to make the cure if something did happen.

?Also will someone check to see if they see a Spurstar? Sometimes they are found by pockets of Poison Joke.? Spike reminded them. ?I?ve never seen it this close to Canterville, but anything is possible!?

The ponies finally arrived at a small house deep in the Everfree Forest and were greeted by a zebra pony wearing gold chains around her neck.

[i]?Dear ponies group of four,
    The dangers of the forest are not lore.
    That brings you to my humble home,
    May be the last you ever roam.?[/i]

[b]Tag:helinith, ramza, livi[/b]

[b]IC: Pinkie Pie[/b]
    [i]Sugarcube Corner[/i]

A large bang caused Pinkie Pie to fly into the air.

?WHEEEE!? She giggled as she hit the floor. A cupcake landed on her back and she stuck her tongue out to catch another one.

[i]GULP[/i]

?Yummy!? Ever the optimist Pinkie Pie would make the best out of any situation. She watched as Hot Coals caught a few of the cupcakes as they were flying through the air and applauded his effort.

?Amazing!? She exclaimed. ?I wish I could do that. Perhaps I could catch myself more often when I fall over then.?

[i] ?Well the theme of this party could be? falling over. We both seem to have been doing that today.?[/i]

Pinkie Pie concentrated for a moment. She wondered if there would be enough to do with the concept of falling over to create a party. She soon realized that there was nothing she couldn?t do, especially with the help of another pony.

?Ok, let?s do it!? She squealed. ?Everypony falls over so we?ll through a party for the clumsy ponies of Canterville!?

She climbed to her feet and set about making more cupcakes, only this time they?d make upside down cupcakes. She hoped Hot Coals would have some other crazy fun ideas to add to their pony party.

[b]Tag: Helinith[/b]

25. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Doctor Whooves
    Everfree Forest

?Be careful off to the left, ponies! There is some Poison Joke over there.?

"Not to worry, Spike my good sir, Careful is my middle name." It wasn't, but also was, but then, we've sort of been over this whole ordeal, now haven't we? Can you imagine how utterly dull this would get if we kept reiterating the same jokes until they lost all of their appeal? It'd be a wretched set of circumstances for all involved parties - us, being the committee of writers acting as a sort of stand-in for Dr. Whooves' curious mental processes, you, being the folks reading this, and Dr. Whooves himself, being rather the sort of person who never really "got" jokes. Oh, he'd laugh when he was expected to, and he'd make a few of his own, but the appeal of the former were utterly foreign to him and the appeal of the latter were utterly foreign to everyone else. And to him, for that matter. Like we just said, he didn't really do this whole humor thing.

Ironically, one of his middle names was also Comedy.

He kept an eye peeled on the Poison Joke on the off chance that he stumbled upon - well, that was perhaps a poor choice of words. Stumbling near a patch of Poison Joke resulted, with a sort of 96.7% certainty, in falling in said Poison Joke, and then your mane was a bowtie for days. And nary a grey pegasi in sight. Not a winning combination. In any case he was looking for some Spurstar but he was not entirely sure whether or not he would actually see any. He wasn't exactly a tenderhoof when it came to scavengering, or scavenger hunting, or dolloopadopadilly because really what does a name matter? but he was hardly old bridle at it either.

But the Spurstar could wait, because there was something vastly more interesting directly in front of him.

A zebra.

Wearing a gold necklace.

Talking in rhyme.

While not a religious pony, Doctor Whooves would've converted on the spot.

"By the shoes on my hooves! Do you rhyme all the time? That's sublime! Quite divine. I can't stop the rhyme. This rhyme isn't mine." He could not stop, good lord how horrific, the rhymes flowed as if from a spigot. Oh no, we've caught it, what a bee in our bonnet, could write a sonnet (These flimsy rhymes make me want to vomit). So stop it. You stop it. Now you're not even trying at it. He tried biting his tongue. Bit it till went numb. And then he was done with the rhymes he'd started.

"Uh... sorry about that. Kind of... got away from me there. Anyway name's Doctor Whooves, these are my friends who will probably want to handle their introductions themselves, pleasure to make your acquaintance, Miss...?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.