main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga My Name is Shmi Skywalker-Dear Diary 2009 Challenge Updated 3/25/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CrystalSaber_1, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrystalSaber_1

CrystalSaber_1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2008
    Title: My Name is Shmi Skywalker
    Author: CrystalSaber_1
    Timeframe: Pre-AOTC
    Characters: Shmi, Watto, the Lars family
    Genre: diary

My name is Shmi Skywalker. I am a slave on the outer rim planet of Tattoine. It is a hard life, but it is the only life I've ever known. Ever since I can remember, I have worked for someone without pay. As sad as it may sound, it is almost normal to me, this life.

My master's name is Watto. In the past, he has been gruff and unsavory, but now during tough times he has more or less lost his difficult demenor. He has become almost kind, but not too kind. After all, he still keeps me as his slave. These hard times were rather brought on by him anyways. If he didn't participate in that wretched gambleing that he so loves, we probably wouldn't be scraping the bottem of the barrel for food.

It is times like these that I selfishly wish that Ani was here, so I wouldn't be so lonely. So alone. Then I chide myself, saying Ani is happy were he is. He is living his dream, as a Jedi.
    And when my son is happy, I am happy.

2. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Jaidyn_Knightfall Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2008
    I feel bad for Shmi.

It is times like these that I selfishly wish that Ani was here, so I wouldn't be so lonely. So alone. Then I chide myself, saying Ani is happy were he is. He is living his dream, as a Jedi.

That's so sad!:_|

I love this, Crystal. Keep up the good work!

3. CrystalSaber_1

Dec 15, 2008
    There is a man named Cliegg Lars who comes to Watto's shop often to buy mechanical parts and other such things. He is a kind man, and I enjoy conversing with him when he visits. Over numerous conversations we have learned much about each other. I've learned that he is a widower, with one son, whose name is Owen. In turn he has learned what my life had been like, as uninteresting as it may be. He knows about Anakin, and how he went to be a Jedi.

I must go now. Watto is calling me.

4. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Nov 18, 2008
    He is a kind man, and I enjoy conversing with him when he visits.

I'm glad Shmi has found a friend in Cliegg. In AotC, he seemed like a very nice man and I wish they'd been able to show him and Shmi together.

This is wonderful. I can't wait until the next update!

5. Lisbev

Lisbev Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2008
    Very nice beginning. I'm glad you're doing a fic about Shmi, there doesn't seem to be too many fics about her.
    Please include me on the PM list if you have one, thanks.

6. CrystalSaber_1

Dec 15, 2008
    PM List:
    Lisbev

It rained today. It was a shock for many of us, as Tatooine is a very hot dry climate. In all the years I have lived here I have never experienced rain.

There was much trouble with the excess of water. People here are not used to it so work was slowed drastically. There was trouble with draining. The ground is mud. There is much cleaning up to be done. I had to work twice as hard today to get Watto's shop back in working order.

It has been a long day. I am going to sleep now.

7. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Nov 18, 2008
    I'd never thought about it, but rain would probably be a big problem for the people of Tatooine. And poor Shmi had to deal with all the cleanup work.:(

The funny thing is that it's pouring rain right now where I live.:rolleyes:

8. Lisbev

May 11, 2008
    thanks for the PM

Makes perfect sense how a little rain could create so much havoc for a place like Tatooine. I live in the hilly area of SoCal and every time it rains we all get kind of edgy due to the risk of landslides sides.

Poor Shmi, having so much work to endure then going home to an empty home. :(

9. CrystalSaber_1

Dec 15, 2008
    Thanks for the comments guys :D

Cliegg came to the village today to help me with the clean up. Watto was rather annoyed and told Cliegg that he didn't have to help me, that I could do things myself but he just ignored him. I was very grateful for the help, as well as the companionship. Work seems so much easier when a friend is working with you.

Despite the help I recived I am still very tired. I suppose that's what happens when you're as old as I am...

10. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Nov 18, 2008
    That's so nice of Cliegg, and it seems so like him to do something like that. Watto needs to be taken down a few notches, anyway!

Great update, Crystal!=D=

11. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Oooh I'd love a pm for this! Nice, very sweet touch!

12. Lisbev

May 11, 2008
    Thanks for the PM

How sweet that Cleigg was helping Shmi.

13. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    @};-

I am interested. May I be on the up-date list?

14. CrystalSaber_1

Dec 15, 2008
    Thanks for all the comments guys! If you keep reading, i'll keep writing. :)

PM List:
    Lisbev
    Jedi_Master_Cazz
    AzureAngel2

I finally finished reversing all the storms damage today. It was such a relief to be done with it. Watto allowed me return home early, and on my way back Cliegg and I crossed paths.

We had a very nice converstion, discussing the weather and our lives. Of course, I didn't have much to say about my own life, as simple as it is. Cliegg told me that his son Owen has found a girlfriend. Beru, I think that is her name. After he told me this he asked me something rather strange. He asked if I was currently in a relationship. I told him no, I wasn't, and he seemed fine with that, but really, why would he ask me such a question?

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    He asked if I was currently in a relationship. I told him no, I wasn't, and he seemed fine with that, but really, why would he ask me such a question?

I have an idea. :D Sweet up-date!

16. Lisbev

May 11, 2008
    Nice update, thanks for the PM.

Poor Shmi, she's had such a hard life that she doesn't recognize when someone is interested in her. :_|

17. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Sep 13, 2005
    Poor Shmi, but I think life is going to be a little more cheerful for her soon ;)

18. CrystalSaber_1

Dec 15, 2008
    Thank you for your wonderful comments!

I found one of Anakin's possesions today. It's a dairy he apparently kept for a short while. Odd that I never noticed it before-it was just lying under his bed. I read a bit-it was so funny reading his nine year old thoughts. One of his last entries mentions a girl he met named Padme- he describes her as "beautiful as an angel". Oh dear-Anakin's first crush!

19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    O:) Padmé= first crush and also the last ;)

Nice, short and sweet up-date!

20. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Sep 13, 2005
    Exactly what I was going to say! Shmi should be wary of a young boys starry-eyed dreams :p Very sweet reading a nine year old's thoughts.

21. Lisbev

May 11, 2008
    How wonderful for Shmi, a journal is the best keepsake ever.
    It's so cute how Anakin wrote about Padme in his journal. [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.