main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My Personal Suggestion To Hasbro.

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by The Ganner, Jul 31, 2017.

?

Would You Like To See MUCH more Expanded Universe characters in figure form?

1. Absolutely

50.0%
  2. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Kinda

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No

37.5%
  5. I only want original trilogy characters until the end of time.

12.5%
  1. The Ganner

The Ganner Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2015
    So with the fan polls and what have you I think it's very safe to say that the fans are tired of getting the same original trilogy characters over and over again. I know thats why I stopped collecting (for the time being) and the polls prove that people want more variety, now what is that variety you may ask?

Well that variety is the Star Wars Expanded Universe (Canon and Legends)

People want these figures, and I think it would breathe new life into Hasbros black series and vintage collection.

Here are some personal recommendations.

• Stop releasing random figures together calling them "waves"
    • Make orderly waves with a central purpose
    • introduce a new line called Expanded Universe
    • Make figures in waves based around tv shows, books, comics, and games.
    • You could make more waves based on one thing if its that big (like rebels or The Force Unleashed)
    • Don't be afraid to make crazy characters, if anything those are the most sought after figures, i mean you can still buy power of the force han and leia, but you cant find revan ANYWHERE.\
    Hasbro Seriously do this Sincerely probably everyone.

2. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    Personally, I have a very strong bias towards the PT and OT, so I wouldn't really have an interest in EU characters.

Still, I think that would be a really cool idea. :)

3. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Hold on, lemme call up Hasbro...

I don't have Hasbro's number.

4. cookeycat

cookeycat Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2016
    I want Lom Pyke figure♡(๑ↀᆺↀ๑)
    I would sleep with it! ^⚆ω⚆^

5. The Ganner

The Ganner Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2015
    Honestly I wish I was at SDCC because apparently they were taking feedback from fans at their booth.

6. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Back when I collected the 3 3/4" line at retail I loved the themed wave approach. I think waves need something to hold them together. It doesn't necessarily have to be by environment or even movie. You can do a Knights of the Sith wave. A Jedi Master wave. A trooper wave. Something that cuts across all formats (movies, shows, games, books). I do get why they mix them up, as putting all of your eggs in the same basket potentially narrows its appeal.

As far as making and remaking the same characters/outfits over and over, I can understand the frustration by long time collectors who think "Why do we need a new farmboy Luke?", but as it was pointed out to me, you do have to keep core characters out there for new fans (particularly kids). My 8 year old nephew got into SW a few years ago and when he came across a Luke, Han or Vader it wasn't the 100th time. I think your point about doing "crazy" characters is absolutely valid. You've gotta keep it fresh, and fans love those background characters as much as they do the main ones.

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I'm so torn on this. In the pre-Disney days I loved the EU figures, they were my favourite waves. Jacen & Jaina were grail figures for me and I have most of the 3.75" EU figures they made.

Now? I have to say no. I don't want just OT OT OT all the time (the PT desperately needs some love) but the rate the films are coming out and the way Hasbro keeps bottle necking distribution with terrible case assortments) I'd be happy just to get the major & secondary characters from the films plus the major characters from the TV shows. Speaking purely about the 6" line here (the 3.75" may see some popular EU repacks in the Vintage Collection...maybe) Hasbro are never going to do more than a couple of EU characters outside of fan votes so I'd actually rather they didn't bother. I love the new Jaina Solo Black Series figure, she looks fantastic, but without Jacen I have no interest (for me you can't have one without the other) since I know the odds of him being made are pretty much none existent.

8. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I voted No, but I wasn't thinking about the Sith characters I would love to have figures of. Bane, Nihilus, Revan, Asajj, and then Aphra etc-they just popped into my brain.

whostheBossk likes this.