main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga My Secret Life...Padmé's Diary...Updated 08/09/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KELIA, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    all women seem to have cold feet (my mother did and my father was the warmth giving one)

Nice funny update[face_laugh]:)[face_dancing]=D=[:D]

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    A classic example of women needing/meaning one thing "Please be considerate and let me warm my cold feet" versus the male's pragmatic: "Why don't you put socks on?"
    [face_laugh]
    [face_laugh]
    This is exactly the flip of the universal and timeless female query: "Why don't you ask for directions?"
    And the male rejoinder: "I'd rather drive around just in case we actually find the road because actually we're not lost."
    [face_laugh]
    [face_laugh]
    A very realistic update... though I'm glad she didn't let him leave without a decent goodbye ;)

3. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Hilarious! And I know that feeling! O:) I think men don't understand how sleeping with warm socks can make a woman feel so unsexy.
    Lovely to see such a "normal" quarrel in the Skywalker household!

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I liked that up-date a big deal, because it is a piece of real life happening between the two of them. With my icey feet I also got into such situtations with my own husband...

[face_blush]... [face_laugh]... [face_whistling]

There is also constant trouble with my long hair ending up in his nose or mouth at night time... and Padme's hair is way longer than mine.

5. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Ohh Padme, I can understand her feelings but at the same time she may have over reacted just a tad. Hopefully her next post will be a little more light hearted.
    Well done once again, you've brought her emotions right off the page.

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Could you PLEASE add me to your PM list for this one??? [face_batting]

7. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    According to my dad my mom has cold feet too.

8. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Poor Padmé! She's very lucky to have Anakin there to warm up her feet, I expect he'd be quite good at it. Pity he's being such a stick in the mud, then again, she is too. Then again, there's the war to consider, then again, she must be missing him.

I think the two love birds have shifted from the first honeymoon phase to the second newlyweds phase where they work out all the boring stuff, like who uses what towels.;)

9. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan: all women seem to have cold feet (my mother did and my father was the warmth giving one)

I know I do! Fortunately, my husband (like your father) is more understanding :D

Jade_eyes: A classic example of women needing/meaning one thing "Please be considerate and let me warm my cold feet" versus the male's pragmatic: "Why don't you put socks on?"

Very true, but to men?s credit, they really do try to help

kataja: Hilarious! And I know that feeling! I think men don't understand how sleeping with warm socks can make a woman feel so unsexy.

Nope, and they probably don?t care when all they want to do is get some sleep themselves.

AzureAngel12: I liked that up-date a big deal, because it is a piece of real life happening between the two of them. With my icey feet I also got into such situtations with my own husband...

Thank you. I wanted to showcase a bit of normalcy between Padmé and Anakin. I think most women get into these ?situations? eventually :p

FitJedi: Ohh Padme, I can understand her feelings but at the same time she may have over reacted just a tad. Hopefully her next post will be a little more light hearted.

She did indeed, but that happens to the best of us from time to time.

VaderLVR64: Could you PLEASE add me to your PM list for this one???

Absolutely!

Glad you are enjoying it :)

Lady_Misty: According to my dad my mom has cold feet too.

I hope he?s more understanding than Ani!

Jedi_Master_Cazz: I think the two love birds have shifted from the first honeymoon phase to the second newlyweds phase where they work out all the boring stuff, like who uses what towels.

They are definitely shifting from the honeymoon stage, even with the war raging.

Hopefully, they can work things out a bit less emotionally next time :p

10. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Dear Diary,

I have the most wonderful husband in the entire Galaxy! You know how last night went, but this morning more than made up for it.

I got up early, thinking I would have time to sip some caf and plan what I would say to Anakin, but when I got to the kitchen, there was my sweet husband, finishing up my favorite breakfast that he made himself.

Can you believe it?

I was so stunned, I just stood there gapping, and not just because he was only wearing his snug sleep pants, either.

When he saw me, he flashed that sheepish grin I love so much and said he was sorry and he hoped I would consider forgiving him.

How could I not?

I also apologized because I know I over-reacted and I certainly don?t want to become one of those wives who never admit when they are wrong.

Then we made up. And just between you and me - it was worth the fight!

Since we never got around to tasting the food, I made Anakin promise he would cook the next meal we would share together. I was hoping it would be dinner, but the Force was definitely not with me because I learned a few hours later Anakin and Obi-Wan were being sent to the frontlines again.

I knew reality would come crashing back down on us. I just wish it could have waited a few more days?no weeks?no months?no years.

I miss him already.

11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    [face_dancing]

Found your up-date while I up-dated some graphic fanfic novels of mine.

:D

And I simply love it, for my husband also has this sheepish grin and the entire scene is so sweet. A piece of RL in the SW universe. Thanks a lot for you writting things this very way, dear KELIA.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh I did enjoy that!!! [face_dancing] padme got the sweet end of that deal that morning and the next time he's home... I wish they could have longer together :(

13. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Poor Padmé, just when he gets so sweet, he has to leave again. At least they didn't part on bad terms. If I was Anakin though, I would have taken a cookbook to study in transit.;) Then he can blow her away with his culinary skills. Obi-wan can taste-test, because we all know Obi can't cook, lol.[face_laugh]

Poor Padmé, I miss him already too!:p

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    [face_thinking] :* Since we never got around to tasting the food, I made Anakin promise he would cook the next meal we would share together. I was hoping it would be dinner, but the Force was definitely not with me because I learned a few hours later Anakin and Obi-Wan were being sent to the frontlines again.

Poor Padmé

And a humorous update with Anakin in his sleep pants making breakfast[face_love]

Lovely =D==D==D=

15. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Very sweet! [face_blush] I loved the detail that they never tasted the breakfast! And poor Padmé, she has so little time; but then she's right too; days wouldn't be enough, neither would years... I love this diary; you really manage to stay true to the characters while bringing them so humanly alive!

16. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Love seeing them as a married couple, and not just pawns in the politics of the galaxy. :D

Beautiful! =D= [face_love]

17. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Awwww! He made her favorite breakfast. How sweet.

18. FitJedi

Jan 14, 2006
    Aww how absolutely wonderful! Who wouldn't want to wake up to him making breakfast for them.

19. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Dear Diary,

It?s been two weeks since Anakin deployed. I miss him terribly, yet I?m finding it easier to focus at work and on my writing when I?m at home. Is that strange? I hope I?m not getting used to our time apart.

Anakin has managed to send me one message ? a message I play first thing in the morning and last thing before going to bed. He doesn?t say much, just that things are going well and he misses me, but it?s enough to put a smile on my face and believe he will stay safe and come back to me.

In the meantime, I?ve been working on revamping my Ewok story. What started out as just a band of Ewoks defending their village from villains is going to turn into an epic that will develop the characters, explain their culture and way of living before having to face their enemy.

Sabé is convinced that will develop my skills as a writer, something I may be thankful for should I decide to retire from politics when the war is over.

?Aren?t you going to want something to do besides frolic with Anakin all day long?? she asked.

Nope.

Not that I?ve given much thought to life after the war is over. Truthfully, I barely had time to think about what life would be like before the war started. Anakin and I only briefly discussed it and now everything has changed, including us and I don?t want to create any expectations Anakin or I can?t live up to.

For now, I?ll just concentrate on all the characters I?m going to create for my story.

PS ? We, the Senate, has just received word of heavy causalities of Dalmora ? including two Jedi. Oh stang, why didn?t Anakin mention where he was in his message?

20. FitJedi

Jan 14, 2006
    Well done once again, especially the last part where it's just her worrying about hearing about 2 jedi wounded. Can't wait for more- this story is just riveting.

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    an epic about Ewok's should be nice and loved her thinking about that and even in this lighthearted entry comes her thoughts about the war and two Jedi killed.

Superb update=D==D==D=

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super update. I love Padme getting more into her writing and having after-war-ends type thoughts. [face_wistful] Poor thing though... doesn't get much of a break from worrying. :(

23. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Padme sounds like a typical military wife. :p Always wondering where exactly her love done is, and if he's in danger. That's only natural, I would think. Lovely update! =D=

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

?Aren?t you going to want something to do besides frolic with Anakin all day long?? she asked.

Nope.

Well, I do feel good if I do something with friends of mine inbetween or on my own. My husband also needs time off now and then. We grant each other a lot of space, otherwise my fanart and fanfic would not be possible at all. And he can watch TOP GEAR or ICE ROAD TUCKERS or even vanish into a computer game.

But with Padme and Anakin its different, of course. And the galaxy is at war.

:(

Good up-date!

25. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Ah why didn't Anakin mention where he was going?[face_thinking]

[face_idea] He didn't want her to pour over all the reports from there!?

Ah little Ahsoka doesn't care for my idea seeing that she didn't even open her eyes when I asked her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.