main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga My Secret Life...Padmé's Diary...Updated 08/09/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KELIA, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Just before we were to leave, a woman named Jaina Solo approached me and asked if I would come to her tent and show her how to administer the medicine we?d brought to her son. She was unsure of the dosage and wanted to make sure she got it right. Of course, I couldn?t refuse.

Her tent was the farthest from our ship. I didn?t even tell anyone I was going because I thought for sure I?d be back in a matter of minutes.

Jaina?s son, Han, was lying as close to a small fire as he could, tossing and turning, incoherent from fever.

What a very surprising twist of fate! You are such a genius, Kelia. A nagging question answered dur to this wonderful fanfic.

[:D]@};-

2. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Now that was neat!:) Cool twist of fate there. It sounds like Padmé's in a spot of trouble, and, no doubt things could definitely get worse. That would be scary, being in the middle of a battle zone where you're just seen as collateral damage, hopefully they can all get to a safe zone.

3. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Absolutely wonderful how you brought Han into the picture and crossing paths with Padme- always trying to do everything she can for everyone. I can't wait to see what the next post has in store for all parties involved, and will Anakin find out about her little adventures on Corellia?

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Hooray for an appearance by Han Solo! =D= [face_dancing]

Great update, but now I'm really worried. [face_worried]

5. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Poor Padme trapped on Coreilla with advancing droids.

At least though she met her future son-in-law and the refugees will help take care of her.

6. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Wow what an update! Loved that Padme actually met Han - and loved that you named Han's mother Jaina! I can't help wondering whether Han would keep a subconscious memory of that beautiful darkeyed noblelady who was so kind to him...[face_mischief]

And the end in midsth of action...Yay! Looking forwards to next update...=P~
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan: WOW Han Solo that's a surprise and no wonder he called his daughter Jaina.

Glad you enjoyed that twist.

I wanted to make this trip as meaningful as I could.

Jade_eyes: Neat that Padmé actually crossed paths with Han and actually saved his life -- yikes but that was a cliffie at the end!!

Well I am known as the Queen of cliffies :p

I?m glad you enjoyed Han?s appearance.

AzureAngel12: What a very surprising twist of fate!

Thank you! [:D]

I love it when I can surprise my readers in a good way :)

Jedi_Master_Cazz: It sounds like Padmé's in a spot of trouble, and, no doubt things could definitely get worse.

They certainly can ? especially in a war zone.

FitJedi: wonderful how you brought Han into the picture and crossing paths with Padmé- always trying to do everything she can for everyone

That she does ? even if it means putting herself in danger.

VaderLVR64: Hooray for an appearance by Han Solo!

I?m glad you liked that!

I always love throwing in unforeseen little surprises :D

Lady_Misty: Poor Padmé trapped on Coreilla with advancing droids.

Definitely not a good place to be but she will come out of this experience learning a lot.

kataja: I can't help wondering whether Han would keep a subconscious memory of that beautiful darkeyed noblelady who was so kind to him.

Anything is possible ;)

And the end in midsth of action.

Well, I do like to keep things interesting :D

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Dear Diary,

I?m home!

Its hard to believe all that happened to me in the last month. When I look back on it, time seems to have flown by but when I lived it, it seemed to be endless. Does that make sense?
    Let me go back to my time on Corellia. After I was stranded, I focused all my thoughts and energy on helping Han and his mother. I wouldn?t allow myself to think of the droid army that was frantically searching for our camps or what was happening to the unfortunate citizens who were captured.

I couldn?t or I would have gone crazy. I don?t think I?m cut out for life in a war zone, which makes me ashamed and embarrassed. The Corellians I spent time with were so brave and strong. I used to think I was the same way but I?m not. They must have some inner power to call on to get them through. How they got it, I don?t know but I wish I had it too.

Could I have put up a good fight if the droid army found us? Yes. I?ve done it before and I know I can do it again. It?s not the fighting I can?t handle, it?s the sitting around and trying to function when you know you could be found, captured, tortured or killed at any moment that is beyond my capabilities.

I don?t understand how anyone could live like that.

I asked Jaina about it once. She said she believes everyone who is mentally and physically healthy has the ability to adapt to whatever circumstance life gives them. It?s often not easy or fun but it is a choice.

I found that hard to believe but she pointed out how one chooses to adapt comes in various ways. None are wrong, including my way of just focusing only on what I was doing at the moment.

The days started to blend into one another. I never slept well and would often wake up tired but I forced myself up, checking on Han, helping to prepare whatever breakfast there was and dispensing medicine and medical advice to the rest of the camp.

Patrols would go out every few hours and I would help prepare a simple meal for them when they returned. No one spoke much of what was seen or heard, which was fine by me. I didn?t want to know, I only wanted to be in the moment.

We had to move a couple of times but never as frantically as we did my first night here. Han made a quick recovery and was soon spending time playing with the other children in the camp. I so loved watching them play and at the same time I found myself wishing I could take all of them away from this war so they could grow up in peace and safety.

After three weeks, another relief team showed up and I was able to come home with them. They told how devastated the last team was to leave me behind but they did not have time to look for me or wait for me to return from wherever I had gone. I apologized for leaving without telling anyone but now, I?m not sorry for how things turned out.

The time I spent on Corellia has taught me a lot of things and I?m a better person for having been there under those circumstances.

The only thing that surprised me was how hard it was to say good-bye. I wanted to bring everyone with me but, of course, that was impossible. They had no place to go and we didn?t have the room.

I also have a newfound determination to make the Senate re-focus on ending the war. Having seen first hand what it is doing to the Galaxy?s citizens, I can now bring a new perspective to the debate and I believe that will help convince anyone who still needs convincing how important it is to end things as quickly as possible.

No one should have to live as the refugees do.

9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    an excellent update reflecting on the real life here in the many refugee camps.

Great writing=D==D==D=

10. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    As the daughter of WW2 refugees, who were little children at that time, I like your last two up-dates.

In a war the civilians suffer the most. You showed that pretty well. Thanks.

With Padmé´s example you also showed that there are always those who care and give their best to help.

@};-

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great update. =D=

I can totally believe she wanted to bring all the refugees with her and that the experience would make her even more compassionate and allied against the Empire to come.

12. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I also have a newfound determination to make the Senate re-focus on ending the war. Having seen first hand what it is doing to the Galaxy?s citizens, I can now bring a new perspective to the debate and I believe that will help convince anyone who still needs convincing how important it is to end things as quickly as possible.

No one should have to live as the refugees do.

This is the Padme we respect so much.

=D=

13. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Yes, its great to see Padmé's steely determination rise up again!=D= I hope her resolve fuels her on for a good deal of time!

Great update! Great to see Padmé this way!

14. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I'm glad that Padme is safe and that she learned some valuable lessons.

15. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Back from a trip to a lovely update! You really show Padmé growing here; how her idelism is only strengthened by facing realities!

The Corellians I spent time with were so brave and strong. I used to think I was the same way but I?m not. They must have some inner power to call on to get them through. How they got it, I don?t know but I wish I had it too.

She is such a humble person. I love how you make her reflect on herself here, and how she takes Jaina's wise words to her. The fact that Padmé herself is a fictional character with an "inner power" that anyone would admire, gives this chapter a great twist!

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Upping and cheers on Kelia. You're in the home stretch!!! =D= @};- :D

(As someone who's planning to diary next year, I am going to be in your cheering section till the last second LOL)

Huggles!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.