main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist My "Star Wars" (and "Star Wars"-inspired) fan art

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Duragizer, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Duragizer

Duragizer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2009
    Due to frustration with my skills as an artist, I haven't drawn much fan art of anything, let alone Star Wars fan art. I have drawn some pieces, though, so I figured I'd share them here.

Teal Lightsaber

[​IMG]

There's not much of a story behind this drawing. Basically, I don't like the RGB lightsaber colour scheme that was introduced with AOTC, and so I felt like drawing a picture that defied it.

Jeedai

[​IMG]

I don't think I originally intended this to be a picture of a Jedi; I probably just inserted the lightsaber to take up what would otherwise have been empty space.

2nd Invasion of the Martains

[​IMG]

This isn't strictly a Star Wars piece, but it does have lightsabers in it, so I included it. :p

And no, "Martains" is not a mispelling; I spelt it that way on purpose. :D

The Resurrected Brotherhood of the Sith

[​IMG]

This is a image that takes place in my own personal Star Wars universe. The characters from left-to-right are Nashira DuQuesne Skywalker (likeness based on Jane Fonda); Anakin Skywalker (likeness based on Leonardo DiCaprio, though it's hard to tell from the messed up right eye and the dark hair); and Darth Vader (likeness based on David Prowse).

I'll leave it up to you to figure out who the shadowy figures in the background are. :p

A Nightmare on WTF? Street

[​IMG]

Originally, this was just supposed to be a drawing of Nancy Thompson and Freddy Krueger from the original A Nightmare on Elm Street series reimagined as Jedi and Dark Jedi, respectively. Once I finished drawing the figures, though, I was left with a lot of blank space that I felt should be filled in. Once I failed to come up with a satisfactory background to put in, I instead just filled it with the heads of various figures from real life and fiction.

Kinda sucks the scanner cut the top of the image off, though. :(

Star Wars: The New Dawn

[​IMG]

This is the poster for the Episode I reimagining I've written. It's clearly based on the TPM poster, but I'm nowhere near as good an artist as Drew Struzan, so I can't help but cringe when I look at it. [face_sigh]

2. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    You have an unusual art style but your drawing skills are strong. Thumbs up.

3. Duragizer

Duragizer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2009
    Thanks. :)

I guess I could credit my style due to some of my inadequacies as an artist; I tend to go abstact on things I'm not good at drawing, such as hair, perspective, etc. I'd draw things a little more photorealistically if I were more skilled in those regards.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  5. O-Bulent Kenobi

O-Bulent Kenobi Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2013
    I enjoy the fact that you are in fact abstract in your approach when it comes to something as widely recognized as Star Wars. Its encouraging to see more art in this fashion! Keep arting.