main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST My story treatment for Episode VIII (post yours)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jonipoon, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005

Rey would be in it about as much as Luke is in Empire.

2. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Basic Plot points :

Luke trains Rey
    Snoke trains Kylo Ren
    First Order seeks revenge attacks resistance
    Finn sets out to find Rey
    Luke confronts Kylo Ren

3. loststars

loststars Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2016
    Thrawn082 I really like your set up. That is basically what I want to see in Episode 8. I really like how you have the Rey reveal happen. The main thing I want in that is for her to be a Skywalker (Kylo being the last Skywalker is way horrible to imagine for me) and for him to not know how she ended up on Jakku and such. It lets us see the Luke and Rey bond as how that progresses with the knowledge of what they mean to each other while keeping some of the mystery out there for IX to solve.

4. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Well, I have an alternate scenario that has her being a Skywalker. I just put this in, because I'm still not sure if she is or not yet. I also have a modified (somewhat) scenario that takes the alleged rewrites into account as well.

5. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    I love your basic ideas Thrawn082, especially about the Force energy stuff. Surprisingly, it sounds like something Rian Johnson could actually make up aswell.

I'm just not sure about Rey being heavily injured by Kylo, or anyone else for that matter. If JJ made VIII aswell, Rey would probably continue to be unbeatable. But with RJ behind the wheel, perhaps Rey will finally get a real character arc where she will face setbacks.

6. loststars

Jan 22, 2016

I like your version of her not being a Skywalker too. I like the idea that either way her and Luke knew each other and was good friends with her parents should she not be a Skywalker as well.

Rey has gotta lose to Kylo/Snoke and get roughed up in this movie. Every hero has a dark point where they start to think it won't work and decide to fight back. This is the movie where it happens.

7. fuhry

fuhry Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 20, 2015
    http://beyondomatic.com/yo/epVIIIs.pdf

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. By the way, this is NOT a leak of an actual script. I just banged this out over the course of the few days because I have a problem.

8. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    I'd have to buy that Rey was "unbeatable" to begin with in order to have a problem with Kylo being able to beat her. Which I DON'T! Quite frankly, I find that to be a ludicrous over-exaggeration on some people's part.

9. loststars

Jan 22, 2016

Do people really think Rey is unbeatable? When Kylo did beat her and kidnap her halfway through the movie?

10. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Why did it take a last-second Force power up for her to beat a partially-trained, injured, mentally unstable, emotionally cracking, exhausted guy who'd just gotten done with another duel? Why did she have to spend like 98% of the time running away from him, she should have been able to beat him down instantly, with him at full-strength.

Why didn't she pull a Luke and blow up SKB/the oscillator herself (instead of playing next to no role in doing that)? Why couldn't she save Han and Finn? And so on.

Yeah, she's "really unbeatable." That's why most of her victories are either cleaning up her own mess, or saving her own bacon.

11. loststars

Jan 22, 2016

Oh okay. Well I find that ridiculous.

12. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I don't have a coherent fan fiction yet.

I can see Luke being a bit Yodaish. Alone in his little stone hut, muttering to himself. He hasn't had guests for a long while. And he's sometimes talking to his father. "Dad says you've grown into a beautiful woman, like your grandmother". And Rey is convinced Luke has gone quite mad.

But then, Anakin is just there, smiling at her. And then he's gone.

Meanwhile down in the depths of another planet, dripping water and space rats, Kylo and Hux confronts Snoke. And what seems like the Ghost of Darth Vader. Is it really Darth, or is Snoke playing Hologram games again?

In my movie, all Authority in the Galaxy is gone. No Republic, no First Order. They successfully destroyed each other. This movie is not about large scale warfare. It's personal journeys.

Until at the end, the Real Empire fleet appears on scanners. Like the Nazis returning from the Moon.

(I know its a mess)

13. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    What if Rey dies in the next film? Who is left to train as a Jedi?

14. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    at the end of the film rey tries to escape the knights of ren by jumping onto the falcon as it flies below. she fights some off then duels kylo atop the falcon as it flies. kylo defeats her. as he is about to execute her luke appears from the porthole on top of the ship and force pushes kylo off. kylo falls into the alien ocean they are flying over and is swallowed by some giant leviathan.

the film ends with kylo's status unknown.

15. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Posted it in another thread but didn't get more than one response. Just wondering if anyone else would like to see something like this.

--------------------------------------------------------

Was thinking about some ideas for Ep 8 and 9 before... I don't remember all of it, but here's some of it:

The end of Ep 8.
    The end of Episode 8 is the First Order trying to take over Coruscant, and Rey and Kylo are fighting with their newly acquired lightsaber combat skills, so it's a really intense fight. Rey has a double bladed lightsaber, made from Luke's old blue and green ones, and Kylo has a new, stable red one. There's a huge battle going on in the midst of their fight, Republic vs First Order.

After quite a while of intense fighting with epic music playing, they end up on a Coruscant rooftop, it's night and raining and Kylo has just overpowered and disarmed Rey. He has her on the edge of the building, in a choke hold with his hands. Now you see the true hatred in Kylo's eyes, turning red and yellow and all Sith-like. As he's trying to force her over the edge, Rey uses the Force on one half of her lightsaber laying a bit back, turning it on and making it fly towards Kylo. Bam, it slices Kylo's arm right off (simply because he would look so ****ing cool with a robot arm...) and it possibly hurt her as well... And Rey didn't escape without injury in this fight either, she's all ****ed up too.

A severed arm isn't enough to stop the hate filled Kylo though... He gets his lightsaber using the Force, Rey picks half her lightsaber up, and Kylo proceeds to kick her ass once again, with ONE ****ING ARM. He defeats Rey. Then, Snoke arrives. Snoke proceedes by throwing away Kylo with the Force, claiming he's useless now when he has Rey. Resistance/Republic soldiers finally arrive, along with Finn, but not before Snoke kidnaps Rey and escapes with her. Finn and a couple of Resistance/Republic chase after Snoke's ship, and Finn commands the rest of the soldiers to take Kylo into custody. Kylo is sitting there, with one arm and is just ****ed up.

Kylo is left with around four soldiers who try to arrest him. Using only the Force, he pushes two of the soldiers off the roof, Force chokes one of them and Force freezes the last one. After he's done choking the last one, he grabs his lightsaber and decapitates the frozen one. It all happens super fast. He then sees a bunch of ships one their way towards him. He jumps off the roof, landing on a small platform. He's looking for a ship, and finds a really old and beat up Jedi Interceptor (simply my favorite ship...). He flies off with it.

Meanwhile, Finn is angry chasing after Snoke, looking piiiiiissed off. The chase continues out in space, where Snoke escapes with light speed and Finn is unable to follow him. He's sad af... Then we see Kylo trying to escape in his Interceptor, but is having trouble steering with one arm and a bunch of fighters shooting at him, he's about to pass out but his hate is fueling him... He then uses some random pre-programmed light speed coordinates and blasts off (although the Jedi Incepter doesn't have a hyperdrive?)... We see him arriving on Tatooine. Barely able to steer the ship, he violently crashes in the desert. Cut back to Finn, standing in a ship similar to the Rebel medical bay, staring out into space, defeated, mirroring the end of Episode 5. Then Poe comes along, looking genuinely sad for his friend and stands next to him. End.

The beginning of Episode 9... a bit of it at least.
    Haven't come up with any specific first scene after the crawl but whatevs. We see Snoke's hidden fortress. I'm imagining almost like a gothic castle or something... He has Rey captured, and is torturing her, trying to use her hatred to get her over to the dark side. We see her suffering and truly struggling trying to resist the easy way out, meaning the dark side.

Cut to Kylo, waking up on Tatooine. He's in the care of an old man, who saw the crash and is treating his wounds. Kylo is startled, gets up and pushes the old man away. Kylo looks down and sees that the man has given him a robot arm, a crude one though. Think this one from Terminator, but all dirty and, yeah crude. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/65/28/c7/6528c700461016a32e5fd345ed58aea2.jpg
    (Although not the whole arm, just half of it like with Anakin.)
    The old man explains how he witnessed the crash, and rescued Kylo. He has been in a coma, presumably for a few months. He walks out of the mans home, to find the Jedi Intercepter, looking real ****ed up bit still mostly intact. Kylo gets in the ship and tries to start it up, but the old man explains he has tried to repair it, but it's not fully functional yet. On Tatooine, where Kylo will be staying for quite a bit of the movie, we will see his humanity returning as he spares the old man that saved him. While the old man is repairing his ship, Kylo tries to get more used to his robot arm, and trying to get back in shape and get his revenge on Snoke, pretty much being on his own though the movie without the support of the FO.

That's what I have for the beginning, and that's mostly it though... Rey may or may not turn to the dark side, but I'm thinking that her death will be the last straw for Kylo's return to the light. Or she doesn't die. A scene I imagined though is after the final fight between Rey/Snoke/Kylo, not sure. Let's say Rey turns to the dark side and has to kill Kylo and him trying to turn her back. They have an intense battle, and towards the end Kylo gets Rey to snap out of it. That pisses Snoke off, and he instead tries to kill both of them. Snoke injures Kylo badly and Force pushes Rey, presumably down a ledge, before he escapes in a Star Destroyer that's taking off into space. As we see Rey hanging for her life, she's about to let go when we see a robot hand sticking down towards her. It's Kylo (duh), who, with his final strength, pulls up Rey from the ledge.

Rey is then sitting down, injured. She looks over and sees Kylo standing there. They give each other a final look of mutual respect (Breaking Bad anyone), and we see how far they've come - Kylo is heavily injured with a robot arm and a scarred face, Rey is very scarred as well. As they look over at each other, lets say both of them are crying and Kylo says something about he's not asking her to forgive her (Sandman, anyone?), (que dramatic music, I'm imagining "Dumbledore's Farewell" from Harry P playing, lol). Kylo gets in a ship (The Falcon?) as he blasts off towards Snoke's Star Destroyer. Rey runs over, and looks as he's flying away. Up in space, Kylo flies towards Snoke's destroyer, the music is as dramatic as you would expect, as we get a final look, a closeup of Ben's face. He then activates the hyperdrive, sending The Falcon and himself blasting right into Snoke's destroyer, destroying it in a huge explosion.

--------------------------------------------------------
    Yes, I know it's stupid to imagine how you want the movies to be like to this extent lol, because that will make the final thing disappointing. I was just bored in class one day and imagined this, felt I wanted to write it down..

Mav Edit: Merging with the appropriate thread.

16. CakeThiefPro

CakeThiefPro Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 16, 2015
    "A severed arm isn't enough to stop the hate filled Kylo though..."

Tis but a scratch.

11-4D likes this.
  17. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
  18. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Wow, that proposed Episode 9 ending is indeed an epic way to send the Millennium Falcon into a heroic sacrifice of her own... And with a potential redemption of Ben Solo at the same time, not bad!

Sent from MillenniumFalcon AI using Tapatalk

19. Cyan_Dawn

Cyan_Dawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 1999
    Why would Snoke throw Kylo Ren away right when he defeats Rey? Even if Kylo Ren lost an arm, wouldn't he choose the winner of this rematch?

I seriously doubt we're going to see Kylo Ren lose yet again in VIII, whether it's against Rey, Snoke, or anyone, especially after the humiliating defeat he suffered in TFA.

20. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    I'm assuming the daughter of Luke Skywalker himself will be more powerful than the son of Han, when she's properly trained.

Kylo didn't exactly lose. He lost an arm but he still defeated Rey.

21. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I have a sneaking suspicion why....

22. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    I don't think that Snoke necessarily cares about the Rule of Two. So if he could have BOTH Kylo AND Rey as his apprentices/followers, he'd ideally want to go that route I think.

I'm also not a fan of the "main hero gets captured as the cliffhanger ending for the second movie" thing again. Too much ESB for my tastes.

23. ShimonXI

ShimonXI Jedi Knight

Feb 8, 2016
    I feel like Luke might end up dieing in the end of the 8 or 9th, but is a force ghost seen only at the end of 9.

24. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I hope not, especially not in VIII. :rolleyes:

25. ShimonXI

ShimonXI Jedi Knight

Feb 8, 2016
    I hope not too, but I think it might happen...