main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Beyond - Legends My Therapist Made Me Do It- The Reluctant Diary of Natasi Daala- UPDATE 4/16- The Box is OPEN!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CelseteAntola, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Cel: [face_blush] Thanks!

My pleasure! :D I even wrote the message with my red username to make it more prominent! :p

I'm glad it's working so well for everyone!!

On behalf of myself, thanks! :D :p

[face_thinking] Something else to go back and research, methinks...

You're making me re-read a lot of Daala scenes. Is there a devious plan behind this? :p

Well, the point here is to illustrate that Daala's more in control of herself after she's had a strong drink than not, so I'd say no.

So she's always drunk? [face_laugh] You make it sound like she has experience of commissioning battle stations while sober. :p

Yep. Like I mentioned before, it's in Outcast when Luke goes to visit Daala at the beginning. I find it interesting that that bit of information has been almost completely glossed over... I suspect that it's not the last we'll see it mentioned either...

That would be worth mentioning again, yes... I wonder what Jag's real attitude to this is? [face_thinking] :D

[face_mischief] Nope. You're close though... ;)

A Star Wars audiobook? o_O [face_thinking]

:p

Thank you all for the replies!! I'm going to try and get another update posted today, lest I fall behind! Thank you all for reading! [:D]

So, where's this update, then? o_O [face_mischief] :D

- The Imperial Ewok

2. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    Thrawn- My pleasure! I even wrote the message with my red username to make it more prominent!

Are you sure you're not just trying to bring attention to yourself...? o_O :p

Seriously, though, thanks! :)

You're making me re-read a lot of Daala scenes. Is there a devious plan behind this?

Maybe... [face_mischief] Although, I meant that I had to go research that. ;)

So she's always drunk? You make it sound like she has experience of commissioning battle stations while sober.

No, not always. But she's a happy drunk, so it helps to equalize her temper, I think. :D

That would be worth mentioning again, yes... I wonder what Jag's real attitude to this is?

Dare I say that I think we'll find out? o_O

A Star Wars audiobook?

Silly Ewok. *shakes head* No, but it's a document of sorts... :D

So, where's this update, then?

It's coming! It's coming! My internet's been spotty lately... [face_tired]

But, yes, without further ado, here is the next update- including February's challenge- snow!

-------------------------

I had the strangest dream last night...

I was standing in the middle of a deserted hangar- a Rebel hangar from the looks of it. There were spare X-Wing parts laying about and a general lack of neatness that any self-respecting Imperial hangar would have never tolerated.

I was alone and I was cold.

The light was dim in the vast space, yet clearly from a natural source. I could tell because it seemed more alive. To me, the light cast by Imperial issue glow fixtures had always seemed dead and artificial.

I didn't try to explore the space, but rather stood there trying to fight the chill that was creeping through the fabric of my uniform.

Then, suddenly, I heard footsteps. The stride was even and precise, and the sharp rapping echoed in the vast space. I squinted as I looked around me, trying to discern the source of the sound.

I could see no one.

And then, a shadow was cast across the source of light. I spun quickly to find that the hangar doors were wide open. The uneven edges of the blast doors made the entrance look like the gaping mouth of some gigantic creature, and I was stuck in its belly.

I stepped towards the opening, my eyes trying to adjust to the bright, white light streaming through the aperture. As they focused, I could see the form of a man standing in the middle of the entrance.

I hesitated. The upright posture, the slim yet powerful frame... and the even, precise stride. It all spoke to me of someone I knew very well...

I couldn't help myself. I started running towards the hangar entrance, the sound of my own footsteps pounding in my ears.

"Wilhuff!" I exclaimed, his name reverberating through the hangar.

But he didn't turn to greet me. He didn't even seem to know that I was there. Instead, he kept walking out the door.

I ran faster, knowing I would catch up. As I reached the blast doors, a sudden gust of absolutely frigid air blasted me and I stumbled, taken by surprise.

It took me no more than a fraction of a second to recover, and with my hand shielding my eyes from the wind and the painfully bright light, I stepped outside.

I was assaulted once more by the frightfully cold air and my face stung as it was pelted with snow. Still shielding my eyes, I tried to find Wilhuff.

"I'm disappointed Natasi." His voice sounded so close! I whirled round, expecting to find him behind me, but instead found more... snow?

The hangar had disappeared, and now I was alone on a freezing, snowy planet. And hearing voices, I might add.

"Have you nothing to say for yourself?" Again, I could have sworn he was beside me. I could feel my cheeks flush in anticipation of seeing him again. But, no, I wasn't to be granted that.

"Where are you?" I called out, my voice seeming small and easily carried away as the winds whipped

3. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    CelseteAntola: Are you sure you're not just trying to bring attention to yourself...? o_O :p

Yes, I am. [face_blush]

Sure, that is. :p

Seriously, though, thanks! :)

Thank YOU! :D I'm loving this! :D

Maybe... [face_mischief] Although, I meant that I had to go research that. ;)

[face_laugh] Well, you would say that now!! :D

No, not always. But she's a happy drunk, so it helps to equalize her temper, I think. :D

:D I've noticed... :D She's sober in this next one, right ? o_O

Dare I say that I think we'll find out? o_O

I suspect you do! Yes! [face_mischief]

Silly Ewok. *shakes head* No, but it's a document of sorts... :D

Any more hints? [face_batting] [face_thinking]

It's coming! It's coming! My internet's been spotty lately... [face_tired]

It had measles!? :p

But, yes, without further ado, here is the next update- including February's challenge- snow!

Most impressive! :D

I had the strangest dream last night...

[face_laugh] This really is about thereapy, isn't it? :p

So, what does Daala's dream tell us - she finds herself in a Rebel hangar that needs tidying up (is that a metaphor for the Alliance?), and yet where the nature of the setting appeals - there's a contrast, albeit one she seems unaware of, but let's say that's the Galaxy; then Tarkin appears (the symbol of her Imperial training and attitude and ideals), and tells her what to do, which is to tidy up the Rebel hangar, and basically use Imperial discipline to remove the unpleasant remains of the Rebel past, and reveal the beauty of the underlying nature...

De-Rebel and re-Tarkin the Galaxy?

And hearing voices, I might add.

[face_laugh] Mad people do that! :D

He was right. I am a disappointment, but I have the power and the means to fix that now.

And I intend to use them, along with Wilhuff's last gift to me, sooner rather than later. I will
    not be a disappointment any longer.

:eek:

She's up, she's sane, and she's got a VERY Imperial plan...

You made Daala MUCH more balanced at the end of this update (even through a dream-sequence about all her issues) - and, as a result of that new clarity, WAY more dangerous...

She's got a mini-superweapon in the GUPS package, right? [face_mischief]

Did I mention that I loved the icy edge of the descriptions, and found the currents of humour underneath the frozen surface hillarious and brilliant?! :D

- The Imperial Ewok

4. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Dang, but that was an eerie update, there. Scary dream there from the Bond Girl. [face_worried] What is in the package?

Also... following canon is fine, but I dare you to tell me Kyp doing a Highlander on Daala wouldn't be awesome. [face_laugh]

Can't wait for more!

5. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Sep 5, 2004
    [face_thinking] Wonder what is in that package.

Only Daala would be happy to see old Tarkie. :p

Great update.

6. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Oooh, now I really want to know what's in the package! And I like the dream sequence as a change of pace.

7. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi VIP star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    You know, I can't help but to sigh in pleasure right now. There really isn't anything better in the Galaxy than a good Fogblaster at the end of a busy day.

Totally. [face_cowboy]

Otherwise, it's just far to tempting to order the construction of a Super-weapon and use it to completely destroy everyone and everything that stands in my way.

That seems reasonable :p

I had such a lovely meeting with Jagged Fel this afternoon. He really is a fine specimen of a man, especially in a well tailored Imperial uniform. Wouldn't Jaina Solo just love to know some of my more secret thoughts about her lover-boy...

*shudders*

Well, Fel and his Moffs will learn very swiftly that I am no longer going to be a slave to my emotions. I am the first to admit that I've made terrible mistakes in the past, many thanks to my temper.

And now she gets blasted instead when those emotions crop up... I guess that is an improvement 8-}

And then, a shadow was cast across the source of light. I spun quickly to find that the hangar doors were wide open. The uneven edges of the blast doors made the entrance look like the gaping mouth of some gigantic creature, and I was stuck in its belly.
    I stepped towards the opening, my eyes trying to adjust to the bright, white light streaming through the aperture. As they focused, I could see the form of a man standing in the middle of the entrance.
    I hesitated. The upright posture, the slim yet powerful frame... and the even, precise stride. It all spoke to me of someone I knew very well...
    I couldn't help myself. I started running towards the hangar entrance, the sound of my own footsteps pounding in my ears.

Beautiful descriptions =D=

"I'm disappointed Natasi."

We all are, really :p

"Something must be done, Daala. I'd expected more from you."
    His words brought a sense of crushing disappointment upon me. The feeling was so intense, I fell to my knees in the snow and stared up at the swirling, white sky in despair.
    "You have the document; Now use it."

[face_thinking]

"I will! I will!" I screamed, despite the obvious futility of it. "I just need to see you again! Wilhuff!"

Aww. Poor, blood-thirsty psycho :(

And I intend to use them, along with Wilhuff's last gift to me, sooner rather than later. I will not be a disappointment any longer.

I'm intrigued [face_thinking]

Great posts, Celsete :D Though there was less humor in this one, I really think it was the best post. I enjoyed delving into Daala's insanity a little more and her crazy dream here was cool. Tarkin is like her Obi-Wan Kenobi :p

Terrific job =D=

8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Oy vey - she should not be using the package.

9. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Cel: When are we getting the next entry?! o_O [face_thinking]

:D [face_mischief]

- The Imperial Ewok

10. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    Thrawn-Yes, I am.

Sure, that is.

Now, now... no agreeing just to agree... :p

Thank YOU! I'm loving this!

[face_blush]

Well, you would say that now!!

*hands on hips and glares down at McEwok* Are you accusing me of lying?

I've noticed... She's sober in this next one, right ?

Yes!

Any more hints?

Do you really need more? o_O

It had measles!?

*laughs*

This really is about thereapy, isn't it?

The title wasn't a good enough give away? :p

So, what does Daala's dream tell us - she finds herself in a Rebel hangar that needs tidying up (is that a metaphor for the Alliance?), and yet where the nature of the setting appeals - there's a contrast, albeit one she seems unaware of, but let's say that's the Galaxy; then Tarkin appears (the symbol of her Imperial training and attitude and ideals), and tells her what to do, which is to tidy up the Rebel hangar, and basically use Imperial discipline to remove the unpleasant remains of the Rebel past, and reveal the beauty of the underlying nature...

De-Rebel and re-Tarkin the Galaxy?

Wow... that's such a through analysis, that I'm not quite sure how to respond... [face_batting]

She's up, she's sane, and she's got a VERY Imperial plan...

You made Daala MUCH more balanced at the end of this update (even through a dream-sequence about all her issues) - and, as a result of that new clarity, WAY more dangerous...

Mmhmmm... I'm glad it came through so clearly! :D

She's got a mini-superweapon in the GUPS package, right?

*sing song* I'm not telling!

Did I mention that I loved the icy edge of the descriptions, and found the currents of humour underneath the frozen surface hillarious and brilliant?!

Thanks!!!! [face_hug]

RK_Striker_JK_5- Dang, but that was an eerie update, there. Scary dream there from the Bond Girl. What is in the package?

We shall see soon, I promise!

Also... following canon is fine, but I dare you to tell me Kyp doing a Highlander on Daala wouldn't be awesome.

*laughs* It would be awesome, I admit.

Can't wait for more!

Thanks and thanks for reading!!

FelsGoddess- Wonder what is in that package.

[face_devil] We shall see....

Only Daala would be happy to see old Tarkie.

*shivers* Very true.

Great update

Thanks! Thank you for reading and replying!

SithGirl132- Oooh, now I really want to know what's in the package! And I like the dream sequence as a change of pace.

Thanks!!

YodaKenobi- Totally.

:D

That seems reasonable

Isn't it, though? :p

*shudders*

*laughs hysterically* That is exactly the reaction I was going for!! :D

And now she gets blasted instead when those emotions crop up... I guess that is an improvement

*shrugs* At least she's not killing anyone.... yet.

Beautiful descriptions

[face_blush] Thanks!

We all are, really

*nods*

Aww. Poor, blood-thirsty psycho

[face_laugh] Indeed.

I'm intrigued

[face_devil] Good...

Great posts, Celsete Though there was less humor in this one, I really think it was the best post. I enjoyed delving into Daala's insanity a little more and her crazy dream here was cool. Tarkin is like her Obi-Wan Kenobi

Thank you so much!! I'm glad it's enjoyable!

Nat- Oy vey - she should not be using the package.

*nods* I agree.

Thrawny- Cel: When are we getting the next entry?!

*points below* Happy now? :p

~Celeste

11. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    Without further fanfare, here is the next update, complete with this month's challenge- anchor.

-------------------

I have been very preoccupied by my dream, and I'm not quite sure what to do about it. I have to do something, but what?

This afternoon found me staring out at the Government District skyline, my thoughts lightyears away from Coruscant and the Chief of State's office. My assistant, Wynn Dorvan, even managed to enter my office without my noticing it. Dorvan claims that he had to call my name several times before I snapped out of my reverie.

So much for years of Imperial training...

However, it was interesting that Dorvan appeared when he did. He was carrying a stack of packages, which he placed on the desk, and then he proceeded to stare at me curiously.

"What?" I asked, scowling.

"Come now, it's too beautiful a day for such a stormy outlook," he admonished, with a smile much too sunny for my tastes.

In response, I just snorted and spun my chair to face the viewports again.

I could hear Dorvan shift uncomfortably in the silence that followed, which made me indulge a small smile. Finally, after several long moments, he cleared his throat.

"Well, I must get back to my duties," he said cheerfully.

Unseen, I rolled my eyes.

"Oh! Just so you know, that news anchor- Javis Tyrr, I believe his name is- has requested an interview, again. I successfully stalled him, but eventually he's going to want to speak with you..."

I sniffed in response and kept my eyes trained on the scenery.

"I've also brought your packages," he continued, patting the stack. "Including a strange one..."

Behind me, I could hear him shifting the items. "Ah, here it is. It seems it's come a long way, and it's a rush as well. I'd imagine it's fairly important, which makes me wonder why it's been left unopened for the last few days..."

His voice trailed off, and I knew that he expected a response. Well, he wasn't going to get one from me today. And most certainly not about that package.

After another significant pause, Dorvan coughed. "Well, that's all, Chief Daala. If you need anything..." He paused again, and I could feel his curiosity and concern seeping towards me. But I was determined. I wanted to be left to my thoughts.

"You know where I'll be," Dorvan concluded, his voice chipper again. Silently, he turned and left. Only the hiss of the door sliding shut marked his exit, and then silence descended on my office once again.

Alone once more, I finally turned and stared at the box perched on my desk.

Setting my jaw, I forced down the indecision plaguing me and finally reached for the package.

-------------------

12. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Aaaargh, we still don't know what's in the package! I'm thinking it has something to do with Tarkin. And I really am curious now.

13. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    :p

And the update? :D

I think it's great. You spend the entire scene teasing, giving nothing away, but you got the characterization of Daala and Wyn just right...

And at the same time, it also says something very clear and articulate about her personality, about her identity and what's preoccupying her. Which tells us a great deal, even as the story seems to be withholding details...

And the image of Daala's silhouette against the windows, sharply defined yet with the details hidden, is perfect for this scene. :D

And I love the sneaky way you used this week's challenge word! :p =D=

Great stuff - thanks for sharing! :D

- The Imperial Ewok

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Challenge? :confused:

Well... nice little tease, here. :D I agree with Thrawn. You got Daala down 100%. Sneaky little devil, here. What is the package? Can't wait to see it.

15. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    What a tease! :p

I guess we'll have to wait and see what's in the package. I really don't even have a guess [face_thinking] My first thought was some sort of weapon, but I'm not sure that's right... I have a feeling it might be something slightly sentimental for some reason.

Anyway, I thought you did a good job with Wynn. I'm always very suspicious of his character though. I think there's something more going on there.

Can't wait to see what you have for us next :D

Nice work! =D=

16. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    [face_thinking] Hm, what could be in that package...

Great characterizations

=D=

17. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    SithGirl132- Aaaargh, we still don't know what's in the package! I'm thinking it has something to do with Tarkin. And I really am curious now.

*sheepish grin* Sorry... I'm glad you're interested to know, however... ;)

Thrawny-And the update?

I think it's great. You spend the entire scene teasing, giving nothing away, but you got the characterization of Daala and Wyn just right...

Thanks! *is relieved to know the characterizations are right*

And at the same time, it also says something very clear and articulate about her personality, about her identity and what's preoccupying her. Which tells us a great deal, even as the story seems to be withholding details...

:D

And the image of Daala's silhouette against the windows, sharply defined yet with the details hidden, is perfect for this scene.

I was worried about not having described that properly... I'm glad the image came through all the same! :)

And I love the sneaky way you used this week's challenge word!

*shrugs* What can I say...? ;)

Great stuff - thanks for sharing!

Thank you for reading and replying!!

RK_Striker_JK_5- Challenge?

Yeah. The Dear Diary challenge also has mini-challenges, where we have to incorporate a pre-determined word or object into our posts for the month.

Well... nice little tease, here. I agree with Thrawn. You got Daala down 100%. Sneaky little devil, here. What is the package? Can't wait to see it.

I'm glad it's working for evertone! I was a little worried about it, being that she has so little page time...

We'll find out!! [face_evil]

YodaKenobi- What a tease!

I know... I'm sorry... :D

I guess we'll have to wait and see what's in the package. I really don't even have a guess My first thought was some sort of weapon, but I'm not sure that's right... I have a feeling it might be something slightly sentimental for some reason.

Slightly sentimental is a good guess... But come now, I thought your sleuthing skills were better than this...? ;)

Anyway, I thought you did a good job with Wynn. I'm always very suspicious of his character though. I think there's something more going on there.

Thank you, and I agree completely. There's more than meets the eye with him...

Can't wait to see what you have for us next

Your wait is over! :p

Nice work!

Thank you! Thank you for reading and replying!

FelsGoddess- Hm, what could be in that package...

That's the question of the day isn't it... :D

Great characterizations

Thanks so much, and thanks for reading and replying!!

------

Okay, I apologize for the long build up of suspense, and I hope no one's getting frustrated... I do know what's in the box, so it's not that I'm stalling until I figure it out. However, Daala's being a bit reticent about revealing her plans... But no worries, it seems like there may finally be some light at the end of the mystery tunnel. ;)

~Celeste

18. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    ----------------

I couldn't help the trembling in my fingers as I ran them under the seal of the package. I was filled with energy; Whether it was nervousness, anticipation, or excitement, I couldn't tell. I was too intent on the object in my hands to care.

With a quiet ripping noise, the seal released, and I pulled open the top flap of the box.

I sat for a second, unmoving, my gaze unfocused. Do I really want to do this?

Instinctively, my lip curled in disgust at my inner cowardice. Steeling my resolve, I reached into the box and slowly, carefully pulled out its contents.

Inside the box was yet another box, fashioned from light transparisteel. Suspended in the transparisteel box was a sheet of flimsi, preserved from the damaging effects of sunlight, moisture, and aging.

My breath caught in my throat as I took in the document. Its edges were still crisp and unwrinkled, the ink on the page vibrant...

I ran my fingers down the transparisteel, wishing that I could touch it, thinking that perhaps it would impart some of the writer's integrity and unbending discipline.

I closed my eyes for a brief moment, my hand resting on the protected document. I took a few deep breaths, suddenly feeling melancholic and contemplative.

This is all I have left...

My eyes opened, and my gaze rested on the item in my hands. I studied the words written on the page, soaking in every nuance, admiring the neatness of the Aurabesh characters.

Slowly, my lips upturned into a half smile.

His handwriting had always fascinated me, with its delicate, spidery grace, yet still firm and masculine. I suppose in a way it was a truer reflection of him than anything else.

I laughed softly to myself, and then settled back in my chair.

What I held in my hands was priceless, not only to me, but to the whole Galaxy. The words carefully inscribed on the sheet of flimsi were the work of pure genius. It was a genius that was destined to live on... and I intend to ensure that it does.

My half smile stretched into a full grin.

Tarkin's ideals would live on... through me.

----------------

19. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Gyah, what is it? [face_laugh] Drawing it out a bit, eh? :p it's kinda creepy to read about anything associated with that psychopath talked about so lovingly. Daala, you are a nutjob.

Can't wait for more!

20. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I have to agree there, on all points. How many posts since we first heard about this package? And we still don't know all the details, just a general idea. So.... what did Tarkin write, and why was this packaged in transparisteel, and how did Daala know about it and get her hands on it (well almost "on" it)? More and more questions.

Keep this going!

21. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    Daala is such a weirdo, it makes me laugh. I don't know exactly what she sees in Tarkin, but I guess thats her business...

If you are doing PM's, I would love to be on the list. :D

22. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Ooo, the suspense. What did he write... [face_thinking]

Love the description of his handwriting. Very vivid.

=D=

23. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    I couldn't help the trembling in my fingers as I ran them under the seal of the package. I was filled with energy; Whether it was nervousness, anticipation, or excitement, I couldn't tell. I was too intent on the object in my hands to care.

I bet it's a Slap-Chop? [face_hypnotized]

Inside the box was yet another box,

I seriously laughed out loud at this :p Awesome.

What I held in my hands was priceless, not only to me, but to the whole Galaxy. The words carefully inscribed on the sheet of flimsi were the work of pure genius. It was a genius that was destined to live on... and I intend to ensure that it does.
    My half smile stretched into a full grin.
    Tarkin's ideals would live on... through me.

Okay, so we know it's something Tarkin wrote... but what is it? [face_worried]

I've got a bad feeling about this. Anything thought of by Tarkin can't be good?the last time that guy had an idea a whole planet exploded :(

Great post =D= You did a really good job of building up the suspense about what was in the package. I was on the edge of my seat with anticipation so much that when I read the first line about it being a box inside a box I laughed :p

Also, describing Tarkin's handwriting as "spidery" = Perfect :D

24. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Aaargh, Celsete, the suspense continues! Daala is completely off her rocker. A letter from Tarkin, hmm? And we still don't know what it says!

25. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Good point, YodaKenobi, that was the last idea Tarkin had, and it sure didn't do good for the galaxy....[face_worried]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.