main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive My Yoda

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by shigga, Dec 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shigga

shigga Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2005
    Just a quick sketch I did let me know what you think...
    [image=http://sbollin.com/YODA.jpg]

2. Omnis

Omnis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    That's pretty dope, man. I like it.

3. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    That is a beautiful drawing, Shigga. Excellent!

AG88

4. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Wow...this is gorgeous! I don't know what it is about it but I love it. It almost looks like, to me, what Yoda would have looked like when he was young, those larger eyes and less wrinkles really give that impression. He also looks quite a bit cheekier or rebellious thant he Yoda we all know and love. I don't know if you did this intentionally but it does look really wonderful! :) The rendering also has a nice quality to it, maybe a cleanness or crispness thats quite lovely. Well done and hope you have more to share here in the future Shigga.

5. shigga

shigga Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2005
    Thanks for all the kind words :D

6. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Awesome job, Shigga. It looks like a younger, but still wise and kick-ass Yoda than the one we've seen in the movies.

7. shigga

shigga Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2005
    OK yeah I drew him at the age of 14 :p

8. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    LOL!
    He looks great. I love his eyes.

9. shigga

shigga Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2005
    Thank you :D

10. FETT-MAN

FETT-MAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2005
    Well, I could certainly say a lot of the same stuff, but also I'll add how I like the layers of shading. That's one thing a lot of people overlook. The only way to make something look 3D is proper shading. Remember to always ask yourself "Where's the light source?" Oh, sorry, enough with my little tutorial. Also, where are those monthly requirments?

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome to Fan Art, Shigga! :)

You have a very nice drawing style. I love the smooth transition throughout the different tones. It really gives your drawing a hint of professionalism. The expression also caught my eye. Nice job in capturing a different side of Yoda. ;)

12. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    What a beautiful rendition of our favorite "little green friend!" Welcome to Fan Art, shigga, and thank you for sharing this great piece! I agree with all the comments so far, about your excellent shading technique, and the unique interpretation of Yoda-as-a-youngling (well...probably not quite that far back! lol!)--it's quite interesting, to see his smoother face and harsher eyes! A wonderful drawing, and we're looking forward to seeing a lot more! Again--welcome!

FF

13. shigga

shigga Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2005
    Thanks all and I'll have more to post soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.