main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Mystery person [End of Chapter 5]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Right I forgot about Luke. This is a good time to actually make him badass

2. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    I’d be down for seeing boba Fett as an additional antagonist in the second season

DurararaFTW likes this.
  3. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    I think someone spotted his helmet on the pile.

But I have actually wondered if it might not be something more along those lines; a member of the covert that managed to escape the slaughter. Shand dropping that she had heard the Mandolarians on Nevarro hadn't fared so well might point to her having been in contact with a survivor. It turned out to be news to Greef, so it's unlikely the guild in general knew. Maybe one of them has decided "This is the way" is all well and good until it meant most of the family having to buy the farm for the sake of a single child and is bitter about it.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    Sarge likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    People have looked closer and we are pretty sure it’s not his helmet

5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I suppose it’s possible that the Mando went back to help Fennec Shand (great name, by the way) and that she’ll be back next season with a debt to the Mando. She could therefore become one of his main go-to crew members. But I doubt it. She was lying there too long.

Gräfin Zeppelin likes this.
  6. Gräfin Zeppelin

Gräfin Zeppelin Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 14, 2019
    If they bring Boba back they can bring Chirrut Imwe back

voila,
    Death by blind man with a stick.

Darth Chuck Norris and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Chirrut is doubly dead

8. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    Death hasn't stopped the likes of Maul, Palpatine, and half a dozen Jedi from staying dead
    He's gonna come back for the sole purpose of kicking Boba's teeth in before imparting wisdom to Baby Yoda and fading away

There's way too many people with a terrible track record regarding their deaths - who knew that the afterlife had a revolving-door policy

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  9. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I mean, technically Chirrut's body was vaporized. Does that count as disappearing?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    You know what? I'm going with Bo-Katan just for the heck of it. Maybe she pulled a Doctor Strange and figured that giving up the Darksaber would be their only chance at a win overall? Even if it does take a few years.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    It's either Boba Fett or some other kind of bounty hunter with a gripe against the Mando. But the coincidences seem too great for it not to be Fett. First, the episode takes place on Tatooine. Second, the sound of the spurs is exactly like Boba's.

Star Wars Explained is pretty good at judging these sorts of things too, and he's certain the spurs hint means it's Boba.

12. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I don't remember Boba wearing spurs.

Some people think Boba became Cobb Vanth, the lawman of Tatooine.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  13. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Has to be Boba.

Just waaayy too many signs pointing to him. Between the location of the episode, the director of the episode and the sound of his walk. A sound Filoni know would make fans think of Fett.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Vanth was a dress slave so that doesn’t work

15. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    They aren't literally spurs but Boba Fetts shoes make spurlike noise when he walks.

16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Vanth makes senses since he's a lawman but he would only work if Djarin returns to Tatooine which is possible for Season 2.

The more I think about it, if its not one of her allies then it is more likely it was Mando Djarin coming back for the body to collect the reward and not leave the body to rot like that. The Mandalorian type hunter being paid to track down Djarin is reasonable but by the end of Episode 8 there is no longer any contract from Guild so I don't see that going anywhere for Season 2 unless its more personal rivalry type thing in the vein of Jango vs Montross.

17. DurararaFTW

Jul 5, 2014
    Boba Fett could be one of Fennec's allies and the bounty hunter hired to disintegrate the whole covert. Fennec heard something about it, Greef had no idea.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Oh...right. Yeah. Could explain how the seemingly incompetent stormtroopers took out the bulk of the Mando covert. They hired Boba to do it in stealth.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  19. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I figured they used Sabine’s beskar-targeting technology as seen in Rebels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    The only thing Fennec Shand heard was that a Mando shot up Nevarro and took the asset, she put two and two together:

Fennec: A Mandalorian shot up the Guild on Nevarro, took some high value target and went rogue.
    Toro: That Mandalorian?

Fennec: Like I said, you don't see many. You bring the Guild that traitor, and they'll welcome you with open arms.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  21. DurararaFTW

Jul 5, 2014
    She also said (to Mando, not Toro): "Ever been to Navarro? I hear things didn't go so well there but... it looks like you got off easy."

This is excellent foreshadowing to the fact that as it turns out he nearly the only Mandalorian to make it out of Navarro alive and it makes sense she's know and Greef doesn't if the person that comes looking the next night is responsible and brought that intel to Tatioone. Whereas if all she heard was that a badass crew of Mandalorians kicked major bounty hunter butt and one of them to has a bigger bounty on them then the rest because he stole a bounty then that doesn't track quite as well.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  22. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Its not forshadowing. She could not of known about the event since not even Greef knew about it and nor could she have known before it even happened at 3 episodes beforehand unless she read the script,lol. The Imperials arrived some time after the battle between the Covert vs the Guild and made some kinda purge in the sewers that somehow only a few survived and the Armorer remained. Shand was simply prying him for intel by questioning whether he's been to Nevarro, and she figured he was the particular Mando that caused the problem and she wanted to temp Toro against him or the Mando against Toro which ever worked in her favor.

23. DurararaFTW

Jul 5, 2014
    She just observed how rare it is to meet a Mandalorian, it is INCREDIBLY to follow that up with describing many dozens of Mandalorians coming out of nowhere to dominate a fight as "things not going so well". What would things go well look like then in the context she set out? A planet collapsing in on itself on the sheer weight of the amount of beskar boots that land on it?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    darklordoftech likes this.
  24. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    "Things not going so well" means he's on the run from the guild, he's got a price on his head too cause of it and Nevarro was something of a battlefield when he left off world with the asset he stole. Its meant to create a wedge & turn them on eachother - mainly young Toro into betraying him for the Mando's worth(she even mentions his armor worth more than her bounty at one point), or tempt Mando into silencing his partner who may of been naive about the mark on Mando, whichever worked. In any case she grossly underestimated Toro's greed and ruthlessness.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, that was all pretty obvious. It’s amusing to me when even the simplest and most straightforward Star Wars stories cause confusion among some fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.