main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN NAD 2nd Anniversary Party this Sunday!!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Toymaster, Apr 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    We will be celebrating our 2nd Anniversary on Sunday, April 13 at 5:00 at Jillian's in Opry Mills! Just go to the Video Cafe (that's the area with all of the screens everywhere) and tell them you're with the "Lucas" party. There should be plenty there for everyone to do. We might even grab a bowling lane or catch a movie afterwards. It should be a fun time for all!

Also, I must apologize for the late notice--between vacations and war coverage, I have been working a LOT lately so this is the first time I've been able to sit down and get something together.

2. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    I'll definitely try to be there. You may want to watch trying to get seated in the back dining area adjacent to the bowling alley. I've tried twice on different occasions to eat there on Sundays & twice got snubbed with, "We can't seat you back here because we only have one chef today." However, we sat out in the gaming area and got served right away. Hmmmmm. ;) Also keep in mind that the mall closes at 7:00.

3. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    I have to work Sunday evening, unforunately. My boss has given me a few too many days off for my film shoots.

4. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I'll be there, too.

5. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    cool idea,
    i think ill try to get you some 501st reinforcements.

any problem meeting a little earlier?
    skip

6. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    I called Jillian's to double check, and even though the mall closes at 7:00, they are open until midnight!

No problem meeting earlier. I'll probably head out kinda early myself and do a little toy huntin' while I'm there. WHat did you have in mind?

7. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    a number of us 501st members gathered outside in the opry mills parking lot and had a little prop party a few weeks ago.we all pulled our vehicles up together and had a great time.
    i thought something like that would be fun for all the folks wanting to learn more about costumes and props.anybody interested could bring a camping chair and we can bring some look at,like weapons and costumes.its supposed to be pretty this weekend and since the mall is closing we wont be bothered much outside.
    after that we can continue inside at the dinner.

i know that alot of people in the group want to work on stuff and having some of us in a nice outside environment would be fun,it wont be loud like inside the food court and we dont have to worry about people wondering what were talking about.plus having the cars right there would keep us from having to bring items inside.

its just a thought,if no-one wants to do it then no problem.i know a little preliminary meeting on this costuming stuff is needed and this would be a fun solution.

8. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Barring any minor disaster, I should be there.

9. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    great idea about the prop thing! I will definatly be there barring any unforseen disaster...

10. TK-6873

TK-6873 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Sounds like a plan. I'll bring my brood as well. We may get there as early as 3:00pm to cruise the shops.
    TK-6873, good to go, ready to launch.

11. DarthSiren

DarthSiren Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    sounds like fun guys. i love that place. i'll talk to mom, and holler back with a yay or nay lata.

12. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    So are we still meeting at 5:00 or are we moving the time up?

I suppose anyone who wants to get there early can always find SOMETHING to amuse themselves at Jillian's. ;)

13. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    The party officially still starts at 5:00. Skip was spearheading the pre-party. What's the when and where, Skip?

14. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I hadnt seen alot of people posting about it so i hadnt thought it would happen.

i think if its going to just be us regulars then we can just have the costuming discussion along with dinner.

if there are some props that people would like to see that i could bring then i would be happy to do something around 4-4:30 outside.i have quite a bit of stuff so just speak up if youre interested in doing the prop gathering.
    if not lets just plan on discussing it at the party

skip

15. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    My wife and I are going early. We'll probably get to Opry Mills around 2:00. I guess we'll shop for a while before heading to Jillian's. We need to leave Jillian's about 7:00, so we may bowl a couple of frames before we eat at 5:00.

16. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    OK, I'm heading on out there. I should get there around 3:00. If anybody wants to meet up early, give me a call on my cell at (Sorry, cell phone number no longer available!).

17. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    AAAARRRRGGHH!!!

I shouldn't have played that Police 911 game a second time. My quadraceps are killing me this morning.

(other than that, I had fun) ;)

18. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Tell me about it! I thought the whole point of video games was to eliminate any physical activity beyond button-pushing. You're right though, it was fun!

19. DarthSiren

DarthSiren Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Sorry I couldn't make it. I has to catch up with school. Hope you guys had fun.

20. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Yeah. According to that 911 game you both rated very low on youthfulness. [face_laugh] You gotta leave the physical games to the younger folks ol' timers. ;)

We did have a fun time DarthSiren. I had your NAD shirt that you asked for there with me too.

Here is a photo of the group that Attended ( a few others including Greg & his wife (Chewie Titan) & Michael (Gmsepiroth) came too, but after I took this pic:
    [image=http://www.scottjohnstonart.com/sys-tmpl/nss-folder/scrapbook/NADMeet41303.jpg]

BTW, That's Shannon (JediChic) back there hiding behind Ken (Scruff) :p

21. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I just wanted to drop by to congratulate all the members of NAD on your 2nd anniversery! :)

22. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Minacia: Thanks!

Scott: Great pic! Now you just need to photoshot yourself in somewhere! ;)

And for those of you who weren't there, those two new folks sitting between brother Jeff and myself are Jason and Stepheni. They're very involved in bringing a SciFi con back to Nashville next year and want NAD to be a part! I'll pass along any details that I find out about how we can all become involved in this.

23. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    I'm with Toymaster, video games arent suposed to be physical. I stay WAY clear of that 'dance' game.

Shannon was there? Am I TOTALY losing it or did she leave before I got there.
    I wasnt that late, but if I am making the trip to Nashville, I have to make the rounds to look for figures.

Jason and Stepheni, sorry I didnt catch you guys names. Good to hear someone trying to bring cons to the area. I hope we can help.

24. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    you showed up at the other end of the table....I was next to Scruff! Also, i cut all my hair off to a short do'...which I hate...
    Good to see you all again!
    Let's try for the prop party next time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.