main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nadja Moranna:It's My Birthday, too!!!!!! (Finished)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Casper_Knightshade, Dec 20, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    Oh boy, I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

500. 500 post and a third star. It was hard work, but I couldn't have done if it wasn't for the guys and gals of the FanFic boards. Thank You!

I also would like to thank my personal fan club. They are Rokangus, Maru-Ba, Djuva, Mistress Sudafed, Sara Kenobi, and LadyJedith. My loyal readers. My loyal fans. Thank You Very Much!!

This evening, Nadja Moranna grants a loyal fan a birthday wish and what a coincedence, it's her 500TH birthday.

What, you say? How can Nadja be 500 years old? Well, it is not exactly 500 years. To find out, keep in touch with the posting and find out what this is all about. Maru-Ba, a very talented girl who has written a good story called 'The Other' makes an appearence. I ask folks to check out that Obi-Wan story, for it is quite good.

Stand by. Will post shortly.

2. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    With fun filled relief and books in tow, Maru-Ba Selenis ran out of Freighterright Middle Learning Center and out to the park grounds. Nothing was going to spoil her day, because school was out and today is her 14th birthday. She waited for what seemed to be forever; school was just too dang long for her. She wanted a birthday party. She wanted ackerberry cake with the mint frosting and if nothing else, she wanted only one thing for a present. She asked her parents if they could get Jedi Knight and fellow Alderaanian Nadja Moranna to come to her birthday.

Of course, the response from her father was, "Well, how much does a Nadja Moranna cost."

"Daddy, she isn't a doll. She's a real Jedi Knight, here on Coruscant."

"We'll see," was his reply. Maru-Ba was going to hold him to it, because her parents never have disappointed her before. She had all the confidence in the universe that Nadja was coming to see her. Perhaps even read her collection of stories. Maybe teach her how to do the things she does. With each passing thought, she ran harder and harder for home.

3. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    When she got home, a bunch of the relatives were there. There was grandmas and grandpas plural. Aunt Mary and Uncle Staver. Even cousin Petor, who everyone called 'Stinky Pete' because he smelled like soup. She liked him.

And everything she wanted was there. The ackerberry cake was still warm and on the table. The mint frosting was practically melting off it along with the wax from the candles. They all sang happy birthday to her, and she blew out the candles. Finally, Maru-Ba finally asked that all important question. The only question in the whole universe that meant everything to her whole exsistence.

"Where's Nadja Moranna?"

Both her parents looked at her as if she swallowed paste. Almost apologetically, her mother said, "Maru....we didn't get around to doing that. Understand that this Nadja person is a Jedi and is probably more concerned about stopping the sky from falling than attending birthday parties."

Maru-Ba was heartbroken."But you promised. Daddy, you promised."

"I said we'll see. Look now, we got you a cargo holds worth of stuff and-."

"I don't want it. Don't you all understand? This means so much to me." Maru-Ba got up and ran outside. Stinky Pete tried to catch up with her, but ran headlong into the trash receptical at the curb of the house.

4. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Maru-Ba reached the old playgrounds, her Jedi Temple, and sat on top of the slide and cried. She wanted this to be a perfect day, for she was 14 year old; almost an adult. This pretty much ended her days as a little girl. And does every little girl deserve one last wish.

Reaching into her pocket, Maru-Ba pulled out an old family picture, taken some 50 years ago, of her great grandmother when she was 14. Her name too was Maru-Ba Selenis, and she was a Padawan Learner at the time. Her families only connection to the Force. At times, she thought how it would be like to be a Jedi Knight, to be her great grandmother. She never gave it much thought until just a short time ago, when the school newspaper ran a snipit of an artcile featureing Nadja Moranna talking about the Alderaanian Jedi Knights before her and yes, she mentioned Maru-Ba senioress by name. Ever since, Maru-Ba wanted to meet Nadja.

But now, that may never happen.

5. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    "Hey, you going to go down the slide or what?"

Maru-Ba thought she was all alone. She was going to look up and tell whoever it was off and froze. She couldn't believe it.

"Hey, what's with the running water? Falled off your speeder bike?"

Maru-Ba rubbed her eyes dry and looked at the person on the ladder of the slide. It was HER! "Nadja? Nadja Moranna?"

"Hey, how do you know my name?" Nadja moved in closer and said, "I don't owe you money, do I?"

"No."

"Good. Glad to hear it. Now, let me guess what your name is." Nadja looked Maru-Ba over and said, "Leia."

"No."

"Mara?"

"Uh-no."

"Callisto? Winter? Taivra? Leona? Padme? Amidala? Mon Mothma? Sabe? Rabe? Bambi? Mirax? Juna? Naressa? Stinky Pete? Help me out here."

Maru-Ba laughed and shook her head after each name. "No, my name is Maru-Ba Selenis."

Nadja's eyes opened wide. "You don't say? I knew a Maru-Ba Selenis." She stuck out her hand with palm facing upward and said, "You owe me money."

"What," said Maru-Ba. Nadja then winked at her. "Oh, this so unreal. I'm dreaming. I got to be dreaming."

"If you are dreaming, then what the hell am I doing here in your dream?!" Nadja looked at her and said, "So, what's with the tears? No kidding this time."

Maru-Ba told her. "I wanted to meet you today. You see, it's my birthday and I asked my parents if they could get you to come and they didn't do it. So I ran away."

"Well ain't this a coinkadink. It so happens to be my birthday."

"Really? How old are you?"

"500."

6. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    "Your 500 years old!!!!!!!" exclaimed Maru-Ba.

"Nah. It's a bit complicated. I'm 500 DAYS old."

Maru-Ba looked at Nadja as if she was on drugs. "How can that be? You can't be?"

"Well, I am. In fact, Master Yoda has said as much, telling me that I act like a year and a half old child." Nadja said with a glint in her eye. "Trust me. Hey, you want to hang out with me?"

Maru-Ba's eyes got wider. "You mean go on missions and hunt down bad guys?"

Nadja looked a little taken aback."Not what I had in mind." Then she said, "Sure, lets go find some trouble."

"All right."

7. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    The two females stood on a cross way and watched senators and diplomats talking to one another at the dinning coral that was just off to the side of Senate House. Maru-Ba was surprised that Nadja wasn't as tall as she thought; only a few centimeters seperated them and Nadja had to be nearly 20. But she kept insisting that she is only 500 days old, so Maru-Ba went along with it.

"What are we doing here exactly," Maru-Ba asked.

"We're waiting for a Hutt to show up," said Nadja. "A big, fat, ugly, smelly one called Zorba. He's going to have the gomers to eat here."

"So why don't we wait in the restruant?"

"They don't like me in there. Oh, there he is."

8. Mistress Sudafed

Mistress Sudafed Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    [simpsons]"Celebrate good times, come on!"

Al Gore: I will[/simpsons]

Great going! Keep on going!

:)

9. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    They watched, and you couldn't miss this Hutt. He was so big, fat, and ugly, Maru-Ba concluded he must have had a kid or two dozen this morning for breakfast.

"Watch this," said Nadja. She held out her hand and made a flicking motion. Magically, the window across the way verberated as if the flicking finger hit the window. It was so loud it startled everyone. Zorba and his goon looked at them. "Wave hi to the nice gangster." Maru-Ba followed her idols lead, smiling and waving hi.

In the resturant, Zorba the Hutt looked on unamused by what he saw. There was that pesky Jedi Knight Nadja Moranna and some little girl waving at him. Disgusted, he tried to ignore them. Onec again, the window vibrated again. Looking mad, Zorba turned to look outside.....and saw two naked Human butts stareing back at him. Nadja and the little girl were mooning him. In exasperation, he moaned, "Oh no....Moranna's got a apprentice now."

10. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Some time later, Nadja bought themselves snowcones and ate away. Maru-Ba asked, "Why did we do that back there on the cross walk?"

"It was a message," said Nadja between licks. "Release the Twi'lek slaves from the Two Moons of Elder; Funnyrump and Littletush."

Maru-Ba thought it over, and began to laugh. Nadja smiled and said, "I thought you would like that."

"Are all Jedi Knights like you, Nadja?" she asked.

"Oh yeah, we are THE most entertaining group in the galaxy. You should see Yoda do his amazing musical gas trick with air instruments. It also includes colorfully lighted gas effects."

11. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Maru-Ba stopped licking her cone and asked, "Did you really now my Great Grandmother?"

"I sure did. I met her in a past life," said Nadja. "That was along time ago."

"A past life? What's that?"

"It's what you were before you became what you are now. It's like this snowcone. In it's past life...it was probably a fudgebar. Once it got eaten, it then became this snowcone. Maybe in it's next life, it will be a pudding pie."

"Does it have to do with the Force?"

"Sure does." They finished and sat down on the edge of a waterfall. "Yoda, for example, was a Whiphid in his past life. He still acts like one even today." She saw Maru-Ba's skepticism. "You want proof? Come on."

"Where are we going?"

"To make a call."
    "

12. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    They both reached a public combooth and Nadja placed the call. "Hi, this is Jedi Knight Moranna, id 34534324245453575865. Code word: Yoda's Lovechid. I need to contact Master Yoda, it's a emergency." She looked down at Maru-Ba and asked her,"You know about Whiphids?"

"Yeah, they are just as bad as Hutts. And are suppose to be even more cranky,"said Maru-Ba.

"Then hang on tight." Nadja waited, chewing on her nails and whistling a unusual tune(Note to readers, the tune is the Star Wars Main theme song).

"Nadja, actually an emergency, this better be," said Yoda in annoyance.

"By the Force, he is cranky!" said Maru-Ba.

"Who said that? Who is this?"

"Problem solved. Thanks Green Pea." Nadja quickly hung up the com and took Maru-Ba by the hand. "Come on, kiddo. Let's go back to your house."

"My house?" Maru-Ba was a little disappointed. "Why?"

"Well, I'm in the mood for cake. It is your birthday, so there's got to be free cake around, right?"

Maru-Ba thought it over, and realized that if she brought Nadja home, she would prove her parents wrong about Jedi Knights and have her read her stories. "Sure."

13. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    At first, Maru-Ba's parent thought that their daughter was playing a joke on them, having a school friend dress up in a Jedi robe and pretending to Nadja Moranna. Nadja looks to young and stands so short that it was easy to mistake her for a middle school child.

That is, until she whiped out her lightsabre. Nadja turned it on and cut a section of the cake with it. Then, she used the Force to bring a plate to her hand to set the cake on. Both cake and plate levitated in front of her until she shut off her blue blade and grabbed the plate. She said, "Let's go to you room, Maru-Ba and listen to some Belchurist Boys."

The two females went upstairs and went into the little girl's room. Maru-Ba very carefully grabbed one of her stories and said, "Can you....read this? It's about my Great Grandmother. It's long, thought, but since you knew her, you can say if it's accurate or not."

Nadja nodded and said, "Sure." She took the notebook, which was worn and old and had many miles put on it. She breathed in, and Maru-Ba watched on in disbelief as Nadja whiped through the pages in a blur. The paper rustled with noise as she flipped, her eyes constantly moving. After 30 seconds, Nadja reached the end of the notebook, took a bite of cake, and said, "I enjoyed it. I like how you describe the famous Hondhu incident in which Maru-Ba Seniorette stopped the Cold Shoulder Pirates with just her thumb. Very accurate."

Maru-Ba was floored. She said, "How did you...I mean, your past life self know her?"

Nadja stopped eating, wiped her mouth on her robe, and said, "Well, I met her...in a hospital. I had just been seriously hurt and she nursed me back to health and kept me company. She was Healer, you see. But, when she passed on......so did my past self."

Maru-Ba was confused. She said, "Nadja.....she died only less than two years ago."

"Like I said, Maru-Ba, I am only 500 days old."

"I don't understand."

Nadja put an arm around Maru-Ba and said, "When I was born, when I grew up, and when I died, I was known as Siren Gheruit. I was 16 at the time, and I had just gotten torn to shreads by....well anyways, your Great Grandmother was there with me at the hospital, putting me back together. She helped me for about 3 weeks before she became one with the Force. She would help me by talking about her grandkids and great grandkids and how one of them had a picture of her as a Padawan. And she was named after her. Shortly thereafter, I changed my name to Nadja Moranna. The circumstances at the time called for it. So you see, Siren Gheruit ceased to exsist, and I was born on this day 500 days ago today."

Maru-Ba's eyes widend."I get it! Oh my, it must have been a bad thing to have to change everything."

14. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    "Well, change is good, sometimes. Your G.G.M. told me as much. She asked me to check on you all every once in a while and I finally got the chance to do it."

Maru-Ba thought about that. "You knew who I was when we first met at the playground, did you?"

"N0! Oh, no." Nadja held up her cake stained right hand and said, "I swear on a stack of Yodas I didn't know who you were. I just wanted to go down the slide." She smiled and said, "But after looking at those eyes, I knew you had to be Maru-Ba's relation. And I also thought how arrogant you was for not letting me go down the slide. Just like her, stubborn to the end."

Maru-Ba smiled as Nadja licked the cake off her hand. She said, "Thank you."

"For what, teahcing you bad habits?"

"For everything."

Nadja was amused and embrassed. "I didn't do anything spectacular. I was just keeping a promise that I made to a good friend." Nadja looked at the notebook and said, "Your story is untitled. What's it going to be called?"

"I, Jedi," said Maru-Ba.

Nadja wrinkled her noise. "That's bad. Howabout 'A Knight is Born."

"That sounds like a play, not a biographical story."

"Right, right. Oh, 'Warrior's Sojourn'."

"She was more a Healer than a warrior. Howabout 'The Other'?"

"Like 'The Other Maru-Ba Selenis'?"

The two looked at each other and said in agreement, "Nah."

Nadja snapped her fingers and said, "'A New Hope'." Maru-Ba shook her head. "'Splinter In The Mind's Eye'? 'Order of Grey', because she had grey hair at age 30. No? Hmmmmmmmmmmm."

"Nadja, why do I need a title?"

"Because, " said the Knight, "I know people that can publish this. They love Jedi stories. With the credits, you can go to college."

"Really?" said Maru-Ba. Nadja nodded her head. The 14 year old girl, at that moment, felt 14 years old. This may have been her last day as a child. But thanks to Nadja, she was becoming something more. She had learned something from this day. What you may have done, what you are going to do, and whay you may do are all conected by the Force. In Nadja's case, she became a Jedi Knight. In her case, she was becoming a author, and maybe she could heal people with her writings.

Looking at the Jedi Knight, Maru-Ba said, "Let's try and name this book."

THE END

Thanks again, Maru-Ba, a.k.a. Mary Baugh, for letting me use you in a story. Here is the link to her story, 'The Other':

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1228435

Please read and someday, she will post that second story. Until then, never doubt yourself into a corner.

15. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
  16. Maru-Ba

Maru-Ba Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    Thankyou thankkyou! my little teenager heart overflows! In reality my 14th b-day IS saturday dec. 23rd! this story is really cool and i was very happy to be a part of it.

and to other ppl. if you don't read this story or any other parts of the Nadja saga you need to becuase it is really good!
    Maru/y

17. JediRJ

JediRJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2000
    Hoorah! Another good one. Casper, your imagination knows no bounds. Thanks for the little WS insertion in there, I appreciate it. Keep fighting the good fight! =)

18. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    You are very welcome. I actually didn't know it was your birthday this weekend. I had recently went back over some of the bios of my Favorites and saw that you wrote that you were going to be 14 soon. So hey, MAYBE I AM A JEDI.

Or good at guessing. So offically, you and Nadja were born on December 23. Or based on my SW make believe calander The 11th Week Of Late Harvest.

:)

19. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Did anyone get the Funnyrump and Littletush reference?

20. Djuva

Djuva Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2000
    Cutiecute, Casper. Very sweet. And funny, as always. And no, I didn't get the reference. Sorry.

21. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Imagine the Two Moons of Elder, and the Moons names are Funnyrump and Littletush.

Nadja, mooning Zorba, represents Funnyrump.

Maru-Ba, mooning Zorba, represents Littletush.

22. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Up, and away....!!! :)

23. Maru-Ba

Maru-Ba Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    uppity! uppity!

24. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
  25. Casper_Knightshade