main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[NaNo] -National Novel Writing Month- Over for another year. :(

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Ack! I keep forgetting to update my word count... as of yesterday 29249

Over half way - yay me :)

Iverna likes this.
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 34,460 today.

3. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    So, haven't gotten more than twenty words offically written since Monday. Think I'm going to change my 'official' goal to 30,000 words, and then try to do another 30 K in December. If I do manage to break 30 K before too long, I'll up it again to 50K. Between the new job, studying for the SAT and doing a volunteer thing all this week (not to mention my little brother being in the hospital and offically being diagnosed with asthma) I am just not sure I'm going to get it all in. [face_sigh]

4. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Life certainly has to come first before NaNo; don't despair if you don't make your word counts guys - sometimes, there's just something more important than writing *hugs to everyone having a hard time*

5. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    as of last night, word count for me is: 43134

yay - go me. I should finish today at this rate [face_hypnotized]

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  6. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I'm behind schedule at 21357. :( I blame being on vacation last weekend. My goal is to write 10k words this weekend to make up for it.

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Now at 44.092 words and with only one weekend to go I should finish the word count soon. But editting and completing the story will be something else

8. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Haven't gotten anything done yet today, but as of last night I'm at 20,224 words. Might be off pace, but that's 5000 more than I got all of last year.

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    And I thought being ahead in the 30s was good - you 40s folks have me beat!

Made it to 36,579 today. I'm trying to do about 2,000 words a day.

10. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Congrats to everyone who is so close! Word counts are updated!

I'm on track for this to be my worst NaNo year ever. A trip for work didn't help any (my coworkers wanted to talk in the airports, which is fine but I didn't get any writing done and there was no time while we were there) and then I've just not been able to write. :( Oh well, I'll keep plunging along and get what I can which is more than I've been writing recently anyway.

Jade_Max likes this.
  11. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I am at 40,362. Boy this story has changed from the rough idea I had originally. A plot is forming, but it went completely off tangent. :p

earlybird-obi-wan . You are a writing machine! :eek:

12. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    the word count update I like

[:D] [:D][:D] for the rough writing time and troubles!!

Hang in their Mav!

Hang in there everyone - we're at the half way point of the month, lots of time left still![face_dancing]

13. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Update for the word count tonight and an official change in my project to come this weekend *sighs* ah well ;)

Word count: 47334

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 38,718 today. I'm hoping to be over 40K by the end of the weekend.

Jade_Max likes this.
  15. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Had a very productive write-in after a few days of being sick. I finally broke 20k and got to 20368. Taking a break now as I'm tired and not sure what to write next. I'm sure I'll think of something but at least I'm only 5 days behind now, having written 6733 words today! [face_dancing]

Jade_Max likes this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Broke the 50 K today with 50.655 words and will have to edit a lot and I am still missing a title. Now it's just 'Ivano' and it is about Ivano helping Jedi. Obi-Wan and Siri have a large part in the story.

Jade_Max and Jedi_Lover like this.
  17. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Congrats Earlybird!!=D=

I got in a few more thousand words the last couple days. Word Count: 43,740.

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 40,505 today. I'm taking a well-earned break tomorrow.

Congrats to those already over 50k!

19. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Word counts updated!

Congrats earlybird!

Keep going everyone! You guys are doing awesome!

20. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Congrats, Earlybird!

I finally got caught up and am at 28867. I need to get farther ahead because of my schedule later this month though.

Everyone, please remember to back up your NaNo stories if you haven't already. :)

21. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm having huge problems writing when I'm at home. When I'm at Starbucks I can write relatively easily and I can reward myself with coffee every 2,000 words or so, but when I'm at home I'm just stuck. I tried using video games as a reward, but that didn't help as I just played the games anyway, and I can't think of anything that I could consider a treat. Can anyone help me with my problem? :(

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Chocolate or other candy? Cake or pastry of some kind?

23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Buy a big box of your favorite chocolates and allow yourself a piece only after every 500 or 1000 words.

If you are over 21 I guess you can make it into a drinking game, but I wouldn't advise that because your fic will probably start off as a love story and by the 8th drink Luke has gone to the darkside, got into a bar fight and now is sitting drunk in a corner booth with Han saying, "I love you man. You're my best friend." (Plot Bunny!)

Friends don't let other friends do NaNo while drunk!

24. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Girl, you make me ROFL![face_rofl]

I'm rewarding myself with getting to watch Dr. Who with my sister if I break my mini-goal today.

25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Bah...I'm done. 50K+ words. I was getting worried that I was running out of things to say. So I kept writing scenes. Now I got to figure out a way to paste all these scenes together. :( And I just realized the Word Count Validator doesn't show up until the 25th of November. So I have plenty of time to screw around with the story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.