main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NaNoWriMo 2008 - Post NaNo Depressions!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by C1-J2, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C1-J2

C1-J2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2007
    Congratulations LAJ! =D=

Perigrine- Yeah it did. I hated having to drop the class, but I decided I'd rather keep the scholarship and stay in school then be forced to drop out. I'm sure that there could have been something for you to get a scholarship in. Strange hobby or snake or something? They give scholarships out for strange things. ;)

moosemousse- Giggledust would be fun. [face_thinking] I think I may just have to use that spice more in my story. Currently I've just been generically using the term 'spice' without going into what kind. Thanks I forgot about that one!

I'm at 24,444, and still trying to write. I just found out I have an all day rehearsal in basically another town on Sunday. So I have two days left, roughly. I plan on hitting 25k tonight and finishing the rest between Friday and Saturday. I will finish! [face_worried]

I now have a little boy named Spike who informed me he was given that nickname from falling off his pet tauntaun named Sir Reginald something, and he landed on a spiked plant covered in ice. What the heck? [face_beatup] I really should be banned from writing without editting this late at night.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! And for everyone outside of the states, I hope you had a great day!

EDIT: 25k on the dot. [face_tired] I'm stopping right there and not writing another word for a few hours at least.

2. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    Great job, Thumper! Bravo! =D=

Keep going, LadyLunas! You can do it! Bring in a valley girl, if you need to round that total off. "So like, yeah, totally, the like, Sith guys? Like totally bogus..."

Congrats on your commanding lead over LadyLunas, Lanna. You'll make it!

C1: I regretted not being born left handed or something. :) I probably could have gone for a scholarship in hackey sack or under-water basketweaving, but I didn't really know where to start looking. :D I was fortunate enough to have donations from relatives and the ability to work over school to finish up. Congrats on 25k, and...uh...Spike. :) Remember, you're not suppposed to edit! ;)

3. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    <- is full of win:D

Tadaa!!!!
    50,029 and some odd on the way! I done it, I broke even, mesa yay![face_dancing]
    Now, I'll put a saftey thousand on top of that and get myself verified. :D

4. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Currently sitting at 47,609. My goal is to finish today, but we'll see what happens.

5. LadyLunas

LadyLunas Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2005
    Congrats, Lanna! And yes, what a stunning lead. :D

I WON!

There were days this year when I never thought I'd catch up, much less win. But I won, even if I'm not finished with the story.

Current winning word count: 50,584!

6. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    42,559 and still typing. I'm going to win this year by hook or crook.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Congrats to all the new winners! And for those still struggling - good luck!

8. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Winner! 50,875 words, but still not even close to finishing even the first part of what will probably be a three story series.

9. Jedi_Perigrine

Apr 22, 2008
    Go SithGirl, GO! :D You can do it!

10. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    45,534 for me so far, I'm almost there!!

11. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    This morning I win with 50256 words. :D

Now I really need to go study and after that, hide out in the practice rooms. I'm behind on my study schedule. [face_worried]

12. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Just crossed the 70k mark - 70,112, at least according to the NaNo website. However a friend has now bet me I can't get 80k by midnight tomorrow, which means the ordeal is far from over [face_hypnotized]

13. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Aand.. a winner is me, with 50,210 words! :D

(Okay: slightly cheating. A full 10k of that is comprised of "dream sequences" involving lightsabers - I wrote a fantasy story - that I wrote for other stuff. But still, it was all written in November, so there.)

But, holy crap, I've won. I nearly gave up so many times, but I made it.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a note - don't wait until the last minute to validate your novel. I was just trying to get on their site and it had two speeds - slow and 'not responding'. It's better to validate early and get your winner's bar if you're over 50k and not finished.

15. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Just crossed the finish line at 50024

16. C1-J2

C1-J2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2007
    Congratulations Ultima_1, DarthXan318, Idrelle_Miocovani, BigFatty, LadyLunas, and MsLanna!!! =D= =D= You've all won!!! [face_dancing] Awesome job!!!

Those of you still writing - you can do this! Keep it up!

Nemesis - I bet you can reach 80k. We're rooting for you!

As for me, I've unofficially lost. I'm at 28,373, and my parents grounded me from writing today. I went to my best friends' party yesterday and since I'm 18 and never had a curfew anyways, I stayed there playing Mario Party and talking until 1am. When I got home my dad freaked, and informed me I could not write today. I'm going to write some anyways, but I won't have enough time to make 50k. :(

17. Jedi_Perigrine

Apr 22, 2008
    Go, Jinngerbread, go! :D You can do it!

Major congrats to everybody who has made it! Great job!

C1: That's an odd punishment. How about the standard ones, "No TV!" or "No video games!" I mean, if they didn't want you on the 'net, they could just unplug your lan cable, unless it's wireless internet in your house I guess. Oh well, I guess they made your point and you won't do that again. :D

18. CloneCaptainRex

CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2008
    Hey, this sounds pretty cool!

I think I'll join, I'm at 23 words so far.

Only 49 977 words left.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SPEEDWRITER!

Ok, now 27 words. Man, this is hard, I think I'll take a break till tomorrow.

Goodnite.

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Last day. Good luck to all those still trying to win!

20. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    Congratulations to all you guys!

21. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    I won at 50,447 words, but the story is still about another thousand or so away from being done... I'm really happy.

edit- the story is finished at 51,309 words, though I probably will go back in December and edit, fill in some plot holes, write more sea battles, and kill off a few more people who need to die/get closure to their stories.

22. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Congrats to all of those who have won! =D= To those of you who are close... you can do it!!

I finished at a measly 16,482 :( as I figured would happen, my final semester at school has proven to be very demanding and time consuming not to mention two family medical emergencies in the last two weeks have proven to be too much and unfortunately writing had to take a step back.

But hey, I wrote a lot more than I did last year, over 12,000 words more, so that is like a win to me! :D
    And like the true WVU football fan that I am I'll say, "There's always next year!"

23. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    It's just gone midnight here in the UK. And my count for the month finished up being . . .

Five thousand two hundred yesterday, five thousand nine hundred today. I spent eight and a half hours at our unofficial ML's house (thank you, Charlie the Organiser!) writing in till the stroke of midnight. It's been insane.

And now it's over :(

Congrats to all those who've already won, and best of luck to those in different time zones who are still writing for the finish line :D

24. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Congrats to all the winners.

I did the mini NaNo - for those who can't write nearly that fast. Did 100 words a day. :p At least I was writing.

25. Lord_Zeron

Lord_Zeron Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2005
    Congratulations everybody! It's great to see so many people make it. I wonder if, together, we broke the one million mark.

For those of you still writing, there's almost two hours left on the east coast!

My final tally for this November turned out to be 67,661 words, way more than I thought I'd reach. Epic battle sequences until nine in the morning can do that to you. Still not finished yet, but I will be in another couple thousand words that'll have to wait until December. Then bring on NaNoEdMo!

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.