main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NaNoWriMo 2008 - Post NaNo Depressions!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by C1-J2, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I've got 5.5 hours until kickoff here and I don't know if I'll be conscious. I've had the same migraine since Wednesday morning at 5 a.m. and I'm now 61.5 hours into it. I'm hoping that it's true that they usually don't last more than 72. I've never had one last longer than 60 and it's never been this bad.

2. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    Okay well I know I said I wasn't going to jump in here, but I've changed my mind, so please add me to the list. :p

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    YAY! It's time for me to start (well it will be by the time I hit post)!! I really don't think I'll get to far, I'm already tired but, yay anyway!

Edit: Well I got more than I thought I would... I'm to 1748 and I'm about to crash! [face_tired]
    Good luck to everyone on their own start!

4. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Oy, I don't work well with deadlines:p But I'll love seeing what you all come up with.:)

5. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    It has begun for me... I can't wait!

edit: 734 words. I'm going to bed now.

6. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Wrote for an hour - 1695 words. Would do more and finish the scene I'm working on, but my head is hurting and I need sleep.

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Wrote the first 472 words of DNA I.D. a CorSec mystery and am writing more until it's breakfast time and time to go shopping.
    This evening the first part will be published here on the saga.

8. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    By the time midnight rolled around here, I was too tired to write. I did write 25 words this morning, but got a small migraine. As soon as I get some [face_coffee] I'll be starting in earnest.

I'm not putting up anything here of my story until I edit it big time.

9. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    At time of posting, I've done 3,716 words. I'll continue writing in a minute, I just need fodder and tea.

10. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    I'm at 3374 . . . pretty okay considering I got in at four in the morning and couldn't go to bed until I'd taken off the Joker makeup :p

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Have been shopping and getting lots of dried fruits and fresh ones too I have been writing all day. 3678 words. Will post more this evening at NaNoWriMo but I am exited at the results so far.

And the first post is here to enjoy on the Saga board.

DNA I.D. a CorSec mystery
    a story of a Corellian freighter and its service for the Jedi. About healers and their involvement with cover ups after the great Jedi purge.

12. silversock

silversock Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2008
    Wahoo, all I've succeeded in doing today is lose the list of characters I was planning on using. :oops:

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Did 2,151 words today. Killed my FMC's mother and a cat so far. (Murder made to look like a robbery).

14. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I finished 2,012 words this morning before going to bed and got through the first scene.

15. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Good luck, everyone!!

16. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    It's my only day off this week and I am having a serious cold. So i started NaNo with a day off, lying in bed and drinking tea and such stuff...[face_tired]

Go, me.:oops:

17. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Hope you feel better soon, Mel! I'm sick, too. :( Woohoo. [face_plain]

I started Nano this morning at exactly twelve o'clock. Wrote a few lines during the day and now I'm done.
    I'm up to 3458 words and I'm happy with it.

18. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Went to a kick off meeting in the area. I'm up to 3055, but I'm hoping to get another 500-1000 before the end of the day.

19. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    Just finished for the day. I'm doing an AU, with no OCs some I'm out of my confort zone; but I managed to put together the prologue and set the tone for the everything to come; including some avenues I hadn't thought of previously!

Only 1,008 today; but I feel good about it considering I haven't sat down and written like this for months. Congrats and good luck to everyone else!

P.S. [:D] Lanna.

20. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    2,010 words for me today. I feel pretty good about that. Now I just have to keep repeating that. I've even had a couple extra characters pop up... but since I didn't really do much outlining I suppose that's a good thing.

21. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Congratulations to everyone for the great start. I just got back from the kick-off write-in/party for this area. I wrote 1,678 words, and will be writing more soon. My son has written 57 words (his goal is 100/day, 3,000/month since he's in the junior nano), and will be writing more after he helps his dad make the pizza. He met a boy close to his age at the kick-off, and they started playing [face_laugh] I guess you can't expect nine and ten year-olds to stay focused. :p

22. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Decided to call it good for the day at 3560.

23. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    :oops: I forgot to say in my last post, I hope you feel better soon, MsLanna and Ceillian [:D]

24. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    2,390 words so far and I am still inspired thanks to YouTube and caffeine as well as residual sleep deprivation from this week. I spent the day at a fencing tournament, so I didn't write as much as I'd planned, but it's going strong now.
    I'm not even through with the first scene, since it had to have a lot of exposition...

25. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Just finished 2,008 words. :D But I am having trouble getting onto the Nanowrimo site. Maybe they are just having a huge issue with lots of people trying to log in at the same time. I'll try later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.