main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NaNoWriMo 2009- Over for another year!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I'm starting at midnight. And midnight is only another seven hours away. [face_dancing]

2. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    Wow, that should get you off to a good start!

I work early in the morning on the 1st, so I won't be able to start until tomorrow evening. :( I hope this won't be a recurring event this coming month....

Good luck everyone!

3. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    I'm not going to be able to start at midnight since I have lots of stuff going on tonight (Halloween is a big deal on my campus) but if I finish the worst of my homework now, I can write all day tomorrow! I can't wait!

4. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    If I'm still awake at midnight, I might just start. I have to work ahead seeing how full my November will be ...:oops:

5. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I see this as a problem as well.

November equals lack of sleep every year. ;)

6. HalloweensSock

HalloweensSock Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2005
    woot!
    started, updated my first word count with 721.[face_laugh]
    I'm an addict. :oops:

7. TheMeatLoafUnleashed

TheMeatLoafUnleashed Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2009
    I'm starting at midnight, under my non-sock name, of course! Just a bit more than an hour to go! :D

8. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    It's 3:30am here and I've got 1374 words done so far. I'm making a cup of tea and then I'm back to writing. :)

9. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I hadn't planned on doing NaNo again this year until today. I really shouldn't, but I'm signed up again with the username of chrononaut67.

It was so much fun last year (2008 was my first NaNo and a win), but I'm not expecting to make the word count this year. In '08 I had a story outline that had been simmering in my head for years and previously-developed characters to use for it. This year, I got nothin'. :p Well, I have something small and flimsy and boring that's been scattered around my brain for years. I'm not sure how I'm going to spice it up into a story yet. That's going to be my biggest challenge because otherwise I know I'll get bored with it myself halfway through. And that just won't do.

10. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    well I wasn't planning to start at midnight, but I was up. I got in 432 words in about 15 minutes. I feel better now that I've started and it's off to bed so I can actually make it up for work in the morning.

Good luck to everyone starting tonight!

11. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    I still have an hour and a half before I can start. *looks at clock impatiently*

I have, however, designated a writing hat, which is sort of like a thinking cap. It is a purple fedora, and it is awesome. I plan on wearing it during my writing times as a way of reminding myself that I'm supposed to be writing. Sure, I could have done a million other things to denote this, but I mean... it's a purple fedora.

I am very impatiently awaiting midnight. I want to have words down before the morning arrives.

12. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Woke up early and have about a thousand words now on my Star Wars story "Aaquilin and Darrin" and with those Halloween themes here on the boards it's creepy[face_pumpkin]

13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    New participants added to the list. If I've missed you, please let me know. I promise I didn't do it on purpose! :)

I didn't get to start right at midnight as I was still at a Halloween party. When I realized it was after midnight I just yelled "Aw man, NaNo's started!" right in the middle of our game. Pretty much everyone looked at me like I had lost my mind but hey, that's usual! :p
    I've already gotten today's minimum word count completed having written 2,494 words before 4am, but this is my prime writing time! (Well that and daylight savings time has given me an extra hour! :D ) So I'm striving for a two day buffer by the end of today!

DWH, your hat sounds AWESOME!! :D

14. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    Being on Indian time, I have a bit of a head start, but I woke up this morning and wrote three scenes of my story, totaling 1925 words. It looks like I won't be barely squeaking by at the end this time.

Let the insanity begin!

15. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    I went to bed with todays word count already reached. So all I do now is extra![face_dancing]
    I'll need it seeing my plans for November.
    I was amazed at how easily I found my way back into the old story.

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I started around 930 am and made 4036 in two sessions today. I'm finished for the day now and I'm about to watch Clone Wars as my treat for the day. (New episode. I saw part of it yesterday but missed the beginning).

So what's your death toll, if any, so far? I'm writing horror and I've killed a few sheep, an elderly Alsatian dog, and the dog's owner in the prologue.

17. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    I started at midnight and managed to make quota before 2am :D I'm now on 7022 and still going - hoping to get a big old 10k cushion in there to see me through the week. It helps that I have my boyfriend and another friend NaNoing in the same house, so we egg one another on :)

Luck everyone!

18. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Some of you start at midnight?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Since it's almost quarter after 1 in the afternoon here in NY and I haven't started yet, I guess I'm officially a slacker :p

I'm off to begin my journey, now though.

19. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Only becaue the first conveniently fell on a Sunday, KELIA, otherwsie, I don't think I'd have started at midnight.;)
    Am now at 2500...:D

20. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    In spite of being super-tired, I put on my fedora at midnight and cranked out 1,174 before I fell asleep. I plan on passing the 2,000 mark before I go to bed tonight, if not getting a little further. I've got a whole lot of stuff to do in the next few days, but I'm determined to get as far as I can, as early as possible. I'll appreciate the cushion later. :p

21. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I was still hosting a Halloween movie night at midngiht, then woke up and had to run a choir practice, so I'm just now starting to write.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Am now at 5200 with Katie Melua and pictures in the CD-player and still at the funny parts of my Star Wars story Aaquilin and Darrin

23. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I had originally planned to start at midnight. But I fell over half dead on the couch around ten pm instead. ;) The first thing I did this morning was write, though. I had my laptop next to my bed, picked it up and started hammering the keys.

I'm up to 1700 words right now and I might write some more tonight but I'm not sure.

The bad part is, the story I originally intended to write didn't work out. I realized I still need to research a bunch of things before any of it makes sense. To me, that is. I need to understand what I write.

So I went back to Star Wars fanfic. Humor, of course. A parody of sorts with all my favorite characters and a bunch of OC's.

Much fun. I laughed at myself. :p

24. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Yeah, I sometimes don't sleep at all some nights, the start of NaNo is just one of those days when it's deliberate.

25. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I've got 2067 words done and a cramp in my arm from keeping it bent while I was writing for two and a half hours.

I'm taking that as a sign it's time to take a break :p

Geeze, it's only day one and I'm already injured :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.