main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    This sounds great--I'm going to sign up.

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I just signed up! YAY!

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    For those who have signed up - how long did it take you to get your activation email? I signed up almost four hours ago and haven't seen anything. I already checked on their site and followed their instructions for non-receipt of the activation email, but have yet to get anything.

4. GrandAdmiralV

GrandAdmiralV Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    I got mine almost instantly -- probably within a minute.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The problem is probably at my end then. If I haven't heard anything in 24 hours I will send another email. (Yes, I did check my spam folder as well as my main folder).

6. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    *sigh*

If only November wasn't crunch time at college...

7. lindemacil

lindemacil Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    My account is reactivated, and I'm ready to go! Now I just need to decide on a plot . . . Or at least a unifying theme. [face_thinking]

8. americantragedy

americantragedy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    i just signed up today as miathehutt so i guess i'd better think up how i'm going to write this thing!!
    -mia-

9. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    Ah... what the hell, I'm going to do it. But I do NOT expect to finish it.

~Misha

10. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Just signed up! I never outline usually, but I started today. Now the hard thing is telling myself NOT to start writing yet. I'm itching to begin, but I can't...

11. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    But if you think like that, you won't! Trust me, it'll take some work, but you CAN do it! I know you can!

12. Katieelessar

Katieelessar Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2005
    :) This sounds like a wonderful challenge.
    Everybody who is anybody should do it!
    Are we allowed to write fanfiction or is it strictly original?
    Anybody know?
    Thanks!

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I finally got my activation email - it was in my inbox this morning when I checked so I can now sign on. There was a note that they were having problems with the emails in one of the tech threads.

The fan fiction issue was answered on page 1 of this thread. The basic answer is 'yes, it can be fan fiction'.

14. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    It's really hard for me to not start the novel NOW. I'm so used to writing as soon as I get an idea, so actually planning it out before hand is a bit of a challenge. But I AM going to do this this year. I will succeed... Very handy that the first week of November is vacation for me...

15. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    Alright, I've signed up. :) I may be insane and will probably kick myself later, but I've done it. My brain will now be sucked into the computer... :p

16. Katieelessar

Aug 1, 2005
    Yay I'm signed up!
    Good luck to all who have and who will![:D]

17. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    Hmmm... I'm thinking, maybe, just maybe, I can use my english lessons to write it if I explain it to the teacher...

Chances are this though either she says a big 'NO!!' or makes the whole class do it. most likly the first.

And just a question, any ideas on planning stories? 'Cause I usually just get an idea in my head and start writing.

~Misha

18. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I got my activation email two days after signing up and have been on the forums this morning. Hey, anyone want to join a tf.n writing group on there? Just for solidarity?

19. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Wow. All I can say is good luck to those who have signed up. I truly hope you make it! Way to go! [face_dancing] @};- [face_good_luck]

20. lindemacil

lindemacil Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    Ish: That's a great idea! I've been considering posting a thread for tf.n, but I wasn't sure how much interest there would be in it. I know it'd be nice to have the support, especially for those of us doing fanfic.

And like Master VM, I must congrat all of you who've joined up! :D Good luck!

21. GrandAdmiralV

May 30, 2005
    It would be fun to have a tf.n support group on there, even though I'm <gasp!> probably going to write an original piece.

22. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    And just a question, any ideas on planning stories? 'Cause I usually just get an idea in my head and start writing.

I'm in the same boat you are. I never plan things out usually. But I started planning out this fic and it really is beginning to write itself. Now I just have to hold myself to the outline. But fill out some character sheets, figure out your plot, outline chapters...there are many different things you can do.

And yes, make a TFN thread! I'm doing original, but I'd still love to drop in.

23. Katieelessar

Aug 1, 2005
    Make a TFN thread!! Please! I'll join it!

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'm not sure on the rules over there for creating groups but you could PM one of the mods and ask if it is OK. When I posted in the England:London regional group I mentioned that I was a mod here and I had publicized the website in this forum. I am over there as LAJ_Fett..

25. GrandAdmiralV

May 30, 2005
    Ask, and ye shall receive.

It's in the "Writing Groups and Clubs" section. Or you can just follow this link!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.