main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Naruto Manga

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Teegirloo, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I don't mind the story of Pain. I would rather have that than just fighting. Because it would be a meaningless story. I know it seems dragged out but there is more to this manga then what meets the eye.

Just read the latest chapter. I really think that Danzo is Madara or another Uchiha. His wrapped eye was never explained but his goal was to be hokage like Madara. He is also against the teachings of Senchu clan.

I agree i can't wait till Sasuke and Madara show up. I do think Sasuke is biding his time to betray Madara. He kind of said so already.

I always liked Itachi from the start. Good guy or bad guy, I am a bit surprised at his turn but that's what makes the manga good It's the way it it's written out. There are so many twists in this manga that makes it quite intriguing.

2. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Twists in a good way, not Bleach's WHAT A TWEEEEST endings that've been going on every chapter since entering Hueco Mundo.

3. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Have to agree with ya, Tee.

4. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Honestly, I was shocked and delighted with the revelation of Naruto's paternity. The whole origin of Konoha and the Uchiha clan story and what not too. And Itachi.

I remember being annoyed but intrigued by the anime episodes on Cartoon Network... then finally I said to myself "I'm going to watch this in Japanese, things are always better in the original language." And it was. Then, when I realized I was in a slow moving filler story for the Shippudden episodes I decided to read the manga from the beginning, and man... I flew through it and loved every scanned page of it. Extremely happy that things didn't drag on the way the anime does. I'm not even watching the anime anymore. Though I may have to step away from the manga for a while just to let a bunch of chapters build up so I don't fly through it so swiftly. I'd read 20 chapters a day being essentially unemployed. Sometimes more!

As for more going on with the manga... seriously, no kidding. I never would have expected this child of prophecy/messiah stuff early on. Very interesting way to take it.

5. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    Okay, Chapter 449 was epic. Epic everything.

The last time I remember a hero bringing a villain to redemption like that was, well, Star Wars.

Thanks Kishi.

Things are gonna start to wind down. Pain's dead, Konan's uninterested in Akatsuki, so that just leaves Kisame, Zetsu, and Tobi.

Also, Taka, but other than that, this manga might wind down around chapter 500 or so.

That's what I expect at least.

EDIT: KAKASHI'S ALIVE!!!! W00t!!!

6. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    I had a theory that Uchiha Madara was Danzo. Now I have changed my mind. I think Danzo is Madara's brother Izuna who is believed to have died. Both Madara's and Danzo's eyes are opposite of eachothers. I truly think this can be true. It seems to fit the personalities of Danzo and Madara.

7. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    That would be a nice twist, never thought of it that way.
    The only info on his past is given by Madara himself, so he could just twist everything and Sasuke would be none the wiser. Personally, I think Danzo might be Madara, and his eyes are different, which is why the two characters cover their opposite eyes in different company. It would be hilarious if Sasuke barges into the Kage summit, only to find the Akatsuki have already killed them off and Danzo/Madara pins it on him, a rogue ninja.

8. captain-fantastic

captain-fantastic Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2007
    Looks like you conspiracy theorists may have been right. Danzo has the Sharingan!

9. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    Thinking Danzo's either:

Obito

Izuna

Madara

10. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Man I'm good. I can't wait till next week. I expect Sai to maybe either mention something and die because of the tongue seal or be killed when he eludes to something on Danzo that one of the Root, who is following him notices.

11. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Oh bah. This manga comes down to one thing. Naruto V. Sasuke. If this fight does not happen again, I will be utterly disappointed.

And for theories: I never thought about Danzo being Izuna, but I don't like it or think it likely. He's old, but he's also around the same age as the other elders, meaning that he can't be nearly old enough to have been in on something around the time of the first Hokage. So, and I could be wrong, I think that he's just another antagonist.

Also, am I the only one who doesn't think Orochimaru is dead and that Kabuto is planning on kicking some serious ass in some upcoming chapters?

-B-

12. Lord_Lahmien

Lord_Lahmien Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2008
    I was also thinking along the lines that Danzo is Obito but Obito would be around Kakashi's age which appears to be a lot younger than Danzo. Making Danzo turn out to be Madara's brother is be an awesome twist and a very interesting resolution to the Root storyline which will probably end before Naruto vs Sasuke:The Final Round. That fight HAS to be the end of this manga run which lives the wrapping up of the of Akasuki, Kabuto sotry arcs to wrap before we get there, should be fun.

On a side note, am I the only one who is not impressed by the other Kages?

13. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    If this manga is going to stay true to itself, then Izuna should not be Danzo. Not only the age factor, but also the fact that Madara said that he took both of his brother's eyes and that he also showed the Sharingan in his right eye, the same eye that Danzo showed his sharingan in.

I hope this manga keeps going, personally.

-B-

14. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    The sharingan Danzo has is obviously an implant. If it wasn't, he'd be able to turn it on and off, and he could hide being an Uchiha. See Hatake Kakashi. He hides his sharingan eye cause it's always on.

He could very well be Izuna.

15. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Is anyone else amazed at how strong Kakashi has gotten?

I mean, go to Hulu.com, and watch him fight Hidan and Kakuzu. He's amazing now.:D

Also, I am not liking the lack of Nejiness.

-B-

16. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Well maybe my theory maynot be coming true. Still there are so many different things going on that I have no idea now lol.

The Mist ninja with Byakugan, I would have never guessed.

17. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    I admit, that is unnecessary and convenient, but at least the point got through.

That point being: Blubeast was right, say what?:confused:

-B-

18. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Ok the latest chapter has all the Kage's after Sasuke but this to me is just a distraction. The entire Kage meeting was to deal with all Akatsuki not just Sasuke. They had Zetzu in their grasps but the hot headed RaiKage let him go just to get Sasuke. Of course I love the part where he said "Keep an eye on the Hokage." Danzo looked as if to say Who Me.[face_laugh]

Still Sasuke is pissed off like never before. It is at the betrayal of Zetzu. Can't wait to see that unfold after the fight with RaiKage. Also is Chidori a Samurai technique? Or was that Kirin? I forget which one. The Samurai seemed to think so.

Madara just wants to talk to Naruto. Yeah I hope Naruto doesn't tell him cause I want Naruto to pawn Madara. I know it wont happen just yet but Madara is the only Uchiha I don't really like.

19. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Now it's Gaara vs. Sasuke again.

Only this time, Sasuke's the evil one.

Should be a good match.

20. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    Well Kisame fused with Samehada. And technically he's now invincible. How are they gonna defeat him?

21. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Killerbee did pretty well when Sasuke was supposedly invincible, too, so don't count him out.

22. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    Looks like Madara's putting up Sasuke to fight Danzo...Sasuke should be able to take care of him.

23. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    Totally skipped over the page with Danzo's Sharingan Arm.

That is one creepy arm.

24. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Seriously. And what's with everyone and their mom getting Sharingan these days?

25. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    ^Most coveted and powerful eye jutsu in the ninja world. Sure it's corny, but there are so many elements of Naruto that are corny. Naruto pretty much takes ideas that originated in the source material of Basilisk and kicks it up to a ridiculous degree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.