main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Nashville Imax confirmed !

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by skip1, Oct 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK1128

TK1128 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2002
    I'll be at the Imax Friday ready to do some trooping. I will be helping Skip set up early and even plan on going to the 1st showing at 12:40. I will be taking a sick day from work (cough, cough) Any one interested in seeing it with me? I know from past experience that we will not have time to see the movie in costume. It sould be a great time. I have a few friends from here coming and wearing my other costumes (Jango and a Death Star trooper and Skips Royal Guard) I'm sure we can hook up people who can't make it with the Bantha Tracks #0.

DarthSiren If you need any help with your costume (Padme) let me know. Prop building is among one of my many hobbies. My bud has the blaster she used in the movie (well a replica of it) and it might be possible to get another one if your interested.

2. RegalMan

RegalMan Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2002
    Hey All! I have seen the Movie! It is fantastic! There are a few down points, but overall very cool for any star wars fan. When you go, sit down in the front section, the flying effects and the opening credits are exhilarating! There were a few things I would not have cut, such as the opening in the Chancellors office, but everyone will enjoy it. If you could not see the digital version of the film, this is as close to it. There is only one preview, so do not be late. I will look forward to everyones opinions about the film to see if anyone agrees with some of the problems, but if you have ever wanted to see every little detail in every scene and try to find bloopers this is it. They already fixed one blooper from the initial release. So everyone enjoy!

3. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    I just heard back details from Steve Sansweet:

They just put a trace on the 8 page Bantha Tracks issue #0. Each theatre is supposed to get 685 copies. Mary Franklin, the editor of Bantha Tracks, will be following up with the theatre manager.

4. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Hey all! Have fun tonight at the IMAX, I will be slaving away at Chilis Hermitige so if you can get some sort of souvinier for me, I'd appreciate it...I will not be able to trek down to Huntsville, either, my request off that night was denied.. So have some fun for me and MTFBWY!!!

5. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    So is there an after party for those of us like Shannon and myself that have to work? I get off at 10:45 myself. Maybe we could all hook up at a Waffle House or an IHOP. Just a suggestion.

6. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Sounds like good idea, Mike, but I have to work in the morning. So I wont be joining any afterparty. I will try to grab a Bantha Tracks for you and Shannon, though.

7. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    well ill be lucky to make it through to the end as it is.so ill be heading out asap.
    i stayed up way too late last night and had to be at my kids school at 7:30 this morning for a field trip we helped with.we just got back and im getting ready for tonight and tommorrow morning im heading to huntsville.so im pretty worn out right now and its going to be a long weekend.

see you guys in a little bit.
    i have the badges so anyone helping can use one.

8. d8camjordan3

d8camjordan3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I was at the 7:00 showing and got the Bantha Tracks...I must tell the truth...I wasn't really liking it...I had seen it too many times before...not much fun in my opinion but great for it to make more money!

9. DarthSiren

DarthSiren Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    I had a great time tonight guys! So glad I could come. I was surprised how different the moive actually was, but at the same time, it was just as good as the original. It was a blast to watch. Most of the romance was either shortened or gone completely, and the action sequences were way extended. Perfectly fitted for Imax. Thanks to Matt for lending me his shirt, and Skip for the badge. My mom certainly enjoyed herself, that's too bad about marching through the mall though. Anyway just wanted to say I had fun tonight, and Skip, let me know how it goes in Huntsville.

10. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    It was a blast. I really love a chance to troop. We had two Stormtroopers, Skip as Darth Vader, a Royal Guard, Me as a Jedi, Zam Wessel, a Jawa, a few other Jedi and even an X-Wing pilot. Oh yeah, I can't forget our Death Star Trooper.

The staff was curtious and understanding and was really into it. They gave us a bag of free popcorn, some free candy, a free table to setup our stuff, and a nice large party room to store our stuff and get into costume and to take a break. They took our pictures and played along with us. We met the manager, Mark, who many seem to dislike on this board. He was the greatest, he was right there taking photos and seemed to be having as much fun as we were. I guess all the bitching over Mark, Opry Mills, and Regal was for nothing.

We marched up and down the mall, although a mall security guard said we couldn't so we had to turn back, but not before we posed for many photos and gave folks a memory they will never forget. We even went into a resteraunt to wish someone a happy birthday.

Hopefully we'll get some pics soon. Apparenly some video that was shot will be edited to music and be available on DVD to us. I can't wait to see it.

It's a shame that so few of our regular members came out. You missed out on a lot of fun.

I only caught a few glimpses of the movie. We were there to help out patrons and provide a Star Wars atmosphere, plus we didn't pay so it wouldn't have been fair to have sit in for the whole movie. from what did see, it's amazing. Some of the editing is a bit jarring because I am so used to the threatrical release, but the detail is incredible. Skip had been wondering why he was doing this IMAX stuff, and after coming out of the theatre later on, we both knew why. The image quality is amazing. The detail is incredible.

A couple of us talked tonight about marching in the Christmas parade in early December, and possibly doing some Vanderbilt hospital visits for the kids (costumers I mean).

11. autographjeff

autographjeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    I went to the 9:30 last night... oh my GOD... i had only seen Episode 2 on opening night... and never again until last night. WOW... It was better than i could have ever hoped for.. I had only seen 1 imax movie before Episode 2.. and this was by far the coolest thing ever... spend the 11 bucks.. if you dont you will miss the awesomest thing you have ever seen.. and sit behind the walkway.. otherwise -- it is a little to close....

Jeff

12. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    morning everyone,
    boy im tired !no time to rest im heading to huntsville shortly.

I wanted to personally thank everyone who made it out.i want to thank "darth siren" and "mom","gmsepiroth"and his wife.we needed someone to hand out the freebies to the patrons and they got the job done.thanks guys.
    thanks to our costumers who came out.we had a good size crowd coming to see the movie and had people lined up along the window in awe.everyones costumes are awesome and the people that were at the mall last night really saw something they will never forget.we got lots of pics and like matt said there will be video for the folks who couldnt make it.perhaps glenn can bring it to the next meeting or ep2 release party.a special thanks from me to glenns's mom.she came in from out of town to visit her son and film last night.

as for the imax version of Ep2, "OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"do you get that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i watched less than 5 minutes then i had to pick my jaw up off the floor.I was in complete shock.i watched the scene where obi meets jango then they fight outside.i couldnt believe it.you could see every little bump and hair on their faces.then outside you could see the rain running off the slave1 and dripping nto the ground.when obi speaks to mace and yoda i almost fell over.you can see every wrinkle on yodas face.you could see his little hairs and fingers moving as he spoke.i think i realized that lucas may have done this for the fans and not money.this movie was done no justice on normal theaters.this is how his vision was meant to be seen.i will bet money that by ep3 he has developed a way to have it "uncut" on imax.he will make a new digital imax projector if he needs to.anyway do go see it.i promise you will like it.you will like the sound system also.when obi fought jango it sounded like they were right next to you and the bass rocked!i wanted to see the coruscant chase scene but couldnt get up there in time.
    well im getting out of here.
    everyone have a good weekend.

skip

13. DarthSiren

Jun 25, 2002
    Oh man, Skip, I know what you mean. The movie is just freakin amazing on Imax!!! I gotta tell ya, I felt alot better about myself when I saw Hayden and Natalie's zits. And I mean, I could see them very, very clearly and the desperate attempts of concealor to cover them. Why do I enjoy that so much? *evil snicker* But the action scenes!! They were all extended, and rightly so too! They definately didn't waste the screen. It was amazing. I might have to see it one more time.

14. Darth Blasphemous

Darth Blasphemous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 1999
    I'll be there tonight if anyone wants to meet ol Darth Blasphemous. 7:00 PM showing FYI. Might also be catching a 4:15 Femme Fatale while I'm in the neighborhood.

15. DarthSiren

Jun 25, 2002
    Speaking of differnt versions, I was at Metropolis yesterday and since I'm underage, I stayed in the hotel accross the street while mom gambled. And so AOTC was available to rent, so duh I rented it. Anyway, this version was kinda similar to Imax, there was alot of different stuff in it that the original. And one in particular, at the end of the confession they close up on Ani and Padme and she says : "To be angry is to be human." and Ani says : "I'm a Jedi....I know I'm better than this." Anyway, just thought you guys might like to know.

16. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    Yeah they had a story on this a while back on TFN. We're getting our copies of AOTC at the video store where I work so I am gonna rent it tonight and see if those changes have been made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.