main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) 2010: is over. :( Come in and see who won!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    a main plot and a work in progress for the artwork

[image=http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/earlybird-obi-wan/arandiwip1.jpg]
    Kaagi on Arandi

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I know the plot very well, since I got it two years ago. Originally, it was NOT going to end the way it's going to, but all of my friends say that characterization-wise, it makes sense.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I'm not entirely sure what my plot is yet. :p

I had an idea. And then my muse went "Meh, no, you want to write fantasy, not realistic fiction!"

So we'll see. I strongly expect to have a vague idea by Hallowe'en.

4. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    I think I'm about ready to go, actually. I've picked a plot bunny that's been bouncing around for a while, so it wasn't terribly difficult to get everything together.

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    TMU, fantasy can have realistic elements. For example, one of my main characters has issues dealing with the war that he's just been through.

6. Storms_Legacy

Storms_Legacy Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 29, 2007
    I think I'm going to go ahead and throw my hat into the ring...I'll probably not be able to do the whole thing, but I'd like to at least start this novel I've had bouncing around in my head. Alas, though, school does come first...

7. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Participants list updated!

Discussion Question:

So now that we are less than a week away, are you excited, nervous, a combination or something completely different? Have you been letting people close to you know that you might be mysteriously absent over the next month or are you a closet Nanoer? What has been the response to the people that you have told?

8. Etain

Etain Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2008
    Here I go round again.:oops:
    Just decided to give it a try anyway. Got one silly project and hope to get some fun out of it. [face_blush]

Oh well, Ale is in again so I will not end up last in the word count. :p

Looks like I can meet with Ce for some qiualified NaNo fun this year. Maybe there will even be a small group in my town.
    SInce I have nothing to prepare this time, I am pretty realxed. It's more that I would like to start just to see what I'll write. [face_laugh]

9. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    So now that we are less than a week away, are you excited, nervous, a combination or something completely different? Have you been letting people close to you know that you might be mysteriously absent over the next month or are you a closet Nanoer? What has been the response to the people that you have told?

I'm mostly impatient. I've got the beginning of this story in my fingertips and I am just itching to get it out. Unlike most years, I won't be in the 'start writing at midnight' camp, which just irks me. I'm going to be on forums all day at work, looking longingly at the word counts of others, wishing I could be writing. Still, I hope to get a good head start on it when I get home.

I've mentioned my participation to my team here at work, as well as to a few of my other coworkers. I did the same last year, and it was good to come into work every day and have them ask me how my novel was coming. Of course, I didn't finish, but considering we were all going through our crazy schedule together, I at least didn't get mocked. This year the response has mostly been, 'huh, that's interesting.' And one of my coworkers, who was on my team a year ago, said 'I want to see a finished book this time!'

I suppose I can use my non-writing time at work to plot. Things here are still pretty slow, so I think that's how my day will be used.

One more week! I can sit on my hands and not start for that long, I think... :p

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I don't do the midnight starts. Too late for me! I'll start on the Monday morning.

11. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    There is a group in our town, Mel! :D
    I was really surprised that there are so many german speaking Nano writers this year. Maybe we can actually get together. It was fun last year but we were only five people, I believe.

I've told people to leave me alone during November. They're already used to it, though. I usually turn the phone off and depending on my mood, I even turn off the door bell. And I hardly get any sleep but I think it's worth it. It's just way too much fun. Plus, I actually have a decent plotline this year and I'm really looking forward to getting started. :)

12. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I'm starting to suspect that school will force me to barely participate. :oops: :( Production design, rehearsals, then NaNo. [face_worried]

13. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I'm excited and anxious. My story is wanting to get out, so Monday I will start after I get off work.

however this could be an interesting month, because starting the 1st, I'm getting overtime at work. So it will be work, writing, work, writing, writing while at work, etc.

And I have told people I'm doing it, and they are all proud of me. They wanna see the finished product, along with some people on these forums.

So these next couple days I will be concentrating on updates for my fanfics on here, and then it's NaNo time!

14. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    Not some much excited as anxious. If I outline anymore, I'll be already writing it already!

I knew it!

*slaps Lanna across cheek with white glove*

Challange!!!!

15. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I'm definitely getting some pre-NaNo jitters, but I have my story outline all set and I know what I want to do with the story, so hopefully all will go well! [face_praying]

16. Etain

Etain Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2008
    :D
    Arigatou gozaima****e. Watashi ga sore wo matteita! [face_mischief]

17. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008

And hakuna matata to you also. :p

18. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008

I usually tell people. It's got to the stage where some of my friends will say "oh, it's November, that means you're doing that thing again, right?" Usually people are impressed when they hear about it. And y'know, writing that many words in a month is impressive, I think it's easy to forget that when you're the one doing it...

I still don't have my plot worked out properly. I have a general idea, but it needs work. I should really get on that. But there's so much else still to do, as well! So I'm a bit nervous and also excited. In a way I can't wait to start just so I can see where the story goes.

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    As a result of our power going out, my roommates know I'm doing it. We were talking about writing activities and Valerie asked if I knew what NanoReeMo was.

20. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Holy cow! SoA wrote over 100,000 words in a month last year. Now that's impressive.

I'm writing a novel that is much longer than 50,000 words (I'm thinking closer to 150K) but I'm using November to at least give me some incentive to get 50K words completed. I think the shared suffering of sore fingers and red-rimmed eyes will help me keep on track.

21. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    My 2009 NaNo Aaquilin and Darrin expanded to 159736 words after november.
    DNA ID (2008) was even bigger with 308723 and the new NaNo for 2010 will not be finished with 50K either.

I have a plot centering on two initiates, becoming seperated before order 66 but the story will begin in the Clone wars.

22. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    I'll bite. (Finally)

I've been signing up for this thing on the official site every year since 2004, but when November comes, I always chicken out. So no more excuses; I'm going to do it this time. :p

My username is invisiblesun over on the other site. :)

23. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    My username is Ceillean also if anyone would like to be writing buddies [face_batting]

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I was dumb and didn't know we were allowed to have usernames, so when I signed up 5 years ago, I registered as Kathryn Olsen. I'll see you over there, Cei. :)

25. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Oh, I've never signed up for NaNo. I just watch. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.