main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) 2010: is over. :( Come in and see who won!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Sounds like what I'm doing. I think my fic will wind up with about 100K, but getting it roughly half-finished in one month will certainly be a good reason to polish it off. :D It will be interesting, because this is the first time I'm going to have the main character's romance as a big, big part of a fic.

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I should point out that my username on the NaNoWriMo site is 'moosemouse', I made a type when I signed up. [face_blush]

Ceillean found me, and we're now writing buddies! [face_dancing]

3. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    On the NaNo site I'm LilyCat03, if anyone wants to be buddies.

4. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    I'm sithgirl132 on the NaNo forums.

I'm starting to get a bit intimidated! Especially with the way my homework has been going lately. But that's happened every year... and this really is the push I need to get this story written. Though I am sad that I've let my other major story fall off a bit- going through spurts of writer's block, and I really hope NaNo gives me a push to keep writing. I've not been writing nearly enough lately.

5. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Ohhh if we're exchanging usernames, mine's nightmaretrinity. I'm always happy to have more writing buddies too. I won't be around for the next two days though, so if I take a while to add you back, that'll be why. ;)

Getting close now, guys!

6. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Ah, don't be. You really can't lose. Worst case you don't hit 50K words but you have a reason to drive yourself a lot further than you might have otherwise as far as producing.

Homework is really important and should be a priority. Sometimes though if you set aside time in the morning before the rush of day at least the writing is done. You spend the rest of the day feeling accomplished.

7. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    well I'm shammers on NaNo.

If yah wanna add me!

I'm kinda getting nervous but at the same time, it will push me to possibly finish something.

8. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    kcfels is my username.

So now that we are less than a week away, are you excited, nervous, a combination or something completely different? Have you been letting people close to you know that you might be mysteriously absent over the next month or are you a closet Nanoer? What has been the response to the people that you have told?

I wouldn't say I'm nervous. Either I can make the goal or I can't. Getting over stressed about it is only going to mess me up. The empty word count bar is going to motivate me to keep writing.

9. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm going to a NaNoWriMo meet tomorrow! I'm kind of excited but also nervous too. :D

10. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'm Kelia on Nano.

So now that we are less than a week away, are you excited, nervous, a combination or something completely different?

I'm getting a bit impatient, which is normal when I have an idea and I can't work on it. Hopefully the impatience will morph into excitement to continue writing said project.

Have you been letting people close to you know that you might be mysteriously absent over the next month or are you a closet Nanoer?

A couple people who I know will be understanding.

What has been the response to the people that you have told?

I've been told I'm nuts (true} but wished good luck and asked to read the final version, which shows the support :)

11. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    I'm excited when I remember about it, but I have so much going on, that's a rarity. I haven't really told anyone, except my mum. Well, that and it's on my MSN, but no one's said anything, 'cause almost none of my friends know what I'm on about. :p

I have my own personal goal of 30 000 words. 'Cause I've never written that many in a single story before. :) If I reach my goal, I'm going to buy myself a pen. I work in a pen shop, y'see. I have my eyes on one that glows in the dark for $70 AUD. :D

My name is PurpleSkinnedJedi. Yeah, don't ask, but anyways. :D

12. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Lolly_Tolly: anything that glows in the dark is Epic(tm), but is a pen really worth AU$70? I'm sure I could find much cheaper pens that glow in the dark.

13. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    Uh, oh. Panic time... it makes me more jittery anticipating getting started than when I was writing nonstop down to the line!

Oh, and my username's the same as on here. :p

14. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
  15. Etain

Etain Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2008
    Seen and loved it.
    Also his other vids about NaNo. [face_love]

Maybe Ce and I can set up a midnight start. :D

16. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    You should do a Google search on what pens are actually worth. :D Besides that, I'll get a staff discount. Yay!

OK. Now I'm terrified.

17. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    So I wasn't planning on doing Nano because I thought I'd still be working on another fic, but it looks like I'll actually finish that this weekend. And since I do have another idea, I'm considering doing Nano. Ack!

18. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I did have a look and I can find glow in the dark pens for a few pounds. Do you have a link to this particular pen?

19. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Ooh, I'm going to go and friend you folks! :D My user name is the same, so if you're wondering why a stranger has become Writing Buddies with you, it's likely because it's me.

I definitely agree, Ish. It's just that the plot ideas I had were both title-less, and I mentally started to refer to them as "the fantasy one, the ghost one, and the short-stories one." :p I think I'll be going for short stories, but I don't have much of an outline yet. I know what I'll be spending my Hallowe'en doing...

And Ish, your novel sounds really cool. I hope that you find a good agent! [:D]

20. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks. In the meantime, I have a sister-in-law who decided to beta it while reading it and she sends me all the happiness I need by writing things like "Your writing is so brilliantly witty. I LOVE YOU!" at the end of chapters.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. Etain

Etain Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2008
    Since I can't decide on the what, who, where and when of my novel, I am considering to just change it each chapter. It would give the whole a dreamlike, tripping quality. [face_hypnotized]

I just wonder if readers would want to go on a trip like that, never quite sure who the protagonists will be in the next chapter.[face_thinking]

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I would, for the record.

23. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I'm doing NANO with the second book of my series (original contemporary Western romance).... So, count me in...although I've become more lurker these days than writer here...:)

I don't outline... I'm what we call in the writing world a pantser (a write-by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of author). BUT I do pre-plan... I know my characters and their GMCs (goals, motivations and conflicts) and I know my turning points and ending.

But I must be nuts to decide to do this.... I'm also in the process of editing two books... One for submission to my literary agent and the other for publication submission. So, we'll see if I can get 50K words in 30 days...

Good luck to all of you... If anyone wants to buddy me or friend me or whatever they call it in NaNo world, I'm swe23

Sara (Flowerlady)

24. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Hey everyone! I just signed up over at the NaNoWriMo website and I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing. Ack! I've always wanted to write but never knew how to start until I read the email they first send you that says, "our inner editor is a nitpicky jerk who foolishly believes that it is possible to write a brilliant first draft if you write it slowly enough. It isn't." Heh. Very helpful to know! Now I'm working on telling people (ack!) and I'm again, very nervous. Thanks to Layren, I'm doing the NaNoWriMo and again, thanks to her, I found this thread! I am looking forward to talking more with all of you. :) [:D]

Edit: I'm Extra Crispy Muses on the site so if you find me adding you, well... it's me. :p

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Sarah, I'm in the middle of revisions, so I think we should be writing buddies. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.