main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) 2013! Over for another year.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Oct 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I have about 1100 words written since the beginning of NaNoWriMo. Yarny was giving me some grief today by not saving my changes for a long time.... *sigh*

Now...plot bunnies, please come and find me.

2. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    Yeah, made it to 1009 words today. Mostly notes for a steampunk costume, as I was just kind of flailing for word count. I almost want to switch to a steampunk story, but no plots of any kind are really coming to me. Perhaps I need to go read or watch something else to get some ideas.... even my last Clue Challenge fic isn't coming together yet. Blah.

3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Been playing Higurashi, I've been watching movies, been reading RPs, and still... nothing.

4. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Up to 6024 words at the moment. This is my best start in a NaNo, and I'm going to need to keep it up since I usually drop off sharply after the first week.

Jabari likes this.
  5. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Got about 2000 done since Day 1. I have some vague plot bunnies, but considering all the things I want to include in my story, it seems that my story will drag on for ages. Meh.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Broke 10k (10,168) today and killed my first human. (Not a MC though).

7. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    ^:)^ For writing so much, not for the killing. :p

EDIT: Somehow your post motivated me. Got another round of writing done. I don't exactly remember where my 2011 story ended, but I think it was at roughly 50,150 words. I have 54,147 words now.

8. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Off to a very slow start the first few days, but I'm at 2,498 right now. Not great, but it's more than I've written in probably a year and a half. :p

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 12,491. I'm afraid of hitting the week 2 crash at this point..

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Broke 10 K today and wrecked an YT-1300 freighter

Jabari likes this.
  11. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Hopefully not the Millennium Falcon.

As for me, I am still unable to come up with any idea as to where I would want to go with this, and so I am dropping out (not that I was ever officially participating to begin with). Maybe next year my muse will cooperate, but not this year.

12. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    I just found out about NaNoWriMo a few days ago! I haven't even signed up yet, but I really want to try! I've got plenty of original and fan fiction ideas in my head, and I've never gotten to writing them...if this isn't a smack of inspiration I'll never know what is!

13. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Go for it. I think you can sign up still.

14. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    There's a deadline for signing up? [face_nail_biting]

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    No deadline for signing up. You've just lost a few days to try for the 50k. Go for it! The website is here.

16. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    Well, I've signed up, but now to decide which novel to write! I'm kinda stuck between two. :p

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Just shy of 15k today - 14,904.

18. Jabari

Jun 25, 2007
    So write them both. That actually worked pretty well for me last year - get stuck on one, work on the other. :) Still counts as a win as long as you get to a combined 50,000.

19. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    :eek: Really? I can submit two written works in? Awesome! I've got ideas for both, I just started on one because they flowed faster, but I'm currently in a little rut. I suppose I could start the second idea in the meantime! :)

20. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks to a stupid cold, research papers and a midterm that's worth more than my final, I've only managed to get to 2770 in the past few days, however, I have the research done for 2 of my papers AND a 4 day weekend coming up, so I foresee some major writing. I'm not going to add my research notes to my word count, but I am going to add my papers as a 'second nonfiction piece' :p

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 17,198 today. I'm probably going to take a break tomorrow. Gravity opens here in the UK and I might go catch a lunchtime showing at the local cinema.

22. Jabari

Jun 25, 2007
    I had a nearly 4,000 word day yesterday, so I'm halfway caught up. A couple more of those and I'll be fine. :D Although, I still haven't really started on my main story, just did a few short stories so far for word count.

Yes, you just have to have written them both in November, and make sure to combine them into one document (if you haven't already) before you submit the file for verification at the end. As long as you have over 50,000 words combined, it doesn't matter if you split them up. Writing two 25,000 word stories in November is still writing 50,000 words in a month. :)

23. Jabari

Jun 25, 2007
    Gravity is definitely worth seeing. It's intense! :D

24. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    *seeds the creative clouds in hopes of a torrent of ideas to renew this drought-stricken imagination.*

Time for a midnight walk. Perhaps that may help.

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Saw it this morning. Highly recommended if you haven't seen it yet.

Jabari likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.