main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) 2018/ **Word Race November 2018**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Oct 9, 2018.

1. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Spent most of my free time drawing, but got a little bit more writing done tonight.

So word count is 6108.

Hope everyone else is continuing onward with their stories. Keep on going, you can do it!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    Vek Talis and Findswoman like this.
  2. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Woot! I wrote nearly 600 words today, my highest count since the Word Race started! :D The best part is I seem to have broken through the block on that WIP that had me stymied. I still don't know if I'll make my goal since Thanksgiving is this week and we're going to be out of town next week, but at least I'm making progress. New total: 4657

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Word counts have been updated.

I'm at 2,186 and it's bits and pieces of the most random smattering of stories. I think I said it before, my muse has a ton a vague ideas at the moment, but no real thoughts on how to write them. :rolleyes:

4. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Moving hasn't left me with any time to write, and my new flat doesn't have any internet connect yet. I don't know when that'll happen but it won't be soon enough. I don't think I'll complete NaNoWriMo this year.

5. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Hope everyone’s writing is going well.

I am careening into the wall. I know enough to stop now rather than force anything else.

That is fine, because I met my Word Race goal, was inspired by this thread, and wound up with a few potential good ideas for that script too. :)

So a victory all around. [face_party]

Best of luck and continued inspiration to everyone here. =D=

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Still giving a round of cheers to all those plugging on with this! [:D] [face_dancing]

I was able to sit down and churn out a few thousand words today to help keep me on track. I just barely caught up to my daily average goal with 19,001 words. Yes, that one word is very important! :p

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Bravo to all, particularly to those who were stuck with DWB or DRL issues. @};- :D

8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Keep on keeping on, good people! Sounds like great work is being done, sometimes against great odds. You can do it! @};-

I'm now at 3738. Again, that is technically ahead of my goal, but we'll se how much longer I am able to maintain that, particularly since I'm at a bit of a decision point in the story right now (translation: I have to decide what's going to happen next because I didn't outline well enough early on). Also, we'll see what effect the upcoming US Thanksgiving holiday will have on things... wish me luck! [face_good_luck]

9. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Good news: up to 16,264!

Bad news: my loosely outlined plans for the last 2 chapters of this fic actually contain zero plot, so not 100% sure what to do. Wondering if I should just "end" the fic where it is (it's like 99% holiday fluff anyways) and stick on a short epilogue just to bring it to a proper, satisfying conclusion.

10. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    I'm having similar difficulties to you guys, @Findswoman and @Briannakin and I wish you both good luck in working story out.

I finished one story a few days ago and the other one I've been writing, I'm getting close to a point where I don't have much outlined beyond the overall where the story is going to end up. Although, I may have enough to finish up the month.

Speaking of that... Drumroll. As of this morning, I'm up to 69,244!

Good luck to everybody with the US holiday coming up. Good luck to everyone in general and keep writing. :)

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you've broken the 50K mark I believe you can validate and get your winners goodies after midnight tonight in your time zone.

12. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    I broke the 5000 words mark! Another 600 words written on that WIP and I think I may have finished the chapter! [face_party]New total: 5263

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Up to 17,611. Though not sure how much of the more recent stuff will see the light of day. I think my brain hit a wall and now it is mush.

14. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I’ve been writing and dreaming a bit more about my lead in the Word Race, so if the writing continues today and beyond, I might commit to a second Word Race this month.

I’ll see.

Hope everyone else is doing just fine with their stories.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  15. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Sadly, the last few days I wasn't able to do much more than stare at my cursor as it blinked. But then today I wrote a few ficlets and replanned my MMM entry and managed to make some progress! I'm now up to 20,677 words - slightly behind schedule, but I already know what I want to sit down and write in the morning, so I have a good feeling about buffing up that word count over the next few days.

We're heading into the home stretch! Keep the words flowing, everyone! [face_dancing] [:D]

16. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Er... 3907 here. [face_blush] Between visiting family and general holiday preparations, I didn’t manage to get much written, and I’m in a bit of a stuck spot too which I hope will resolve itself over the course of the weekend. We shall what happens. [face_good_luck]

17. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    Glad to see everyone getting words done!

I've had some good luck and gotten to write several times each day, except yesterday when I only had one session and then stuffed myself into a turkey coma. I guess when you only stuff yourself once a year, it isn't so bad. But, try telling that to my stomach last night. :p

Keep up the great work everyone.

I am up to 84,123! And hopeful the words keep flowing for the rest of the month. I might actually reach my goal, then. [face_worried]

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Now I'm up to 5,370 words. :)

19. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Bouncing from story to story earlier today, the second original fic with my Word Race lead, another original fic, and added quite a bit to the Star Wars Prequel story that features OC characters, might polish that up and post it here today.

Congrats to everyone who is continuing on with their stories.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Muse kinda recovered, but DRL kinda came up and kicked me in the butt (got my dissertation proposal due date and it is uncomfortably soon). But I managed to write and de-stress a bit, so I am up to 18,943. I'm not going to hit my goal, but that's okay. I got SOOOO much written and I'm proud of that. I might take a relaxing Sunday tomorrow (yes, I know I'm posting this at 2AM Sunday morning) and try to hit 20k, and whatever I manage tomorrow will likely be my final number.

21. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    Darth Real Life continues to throw stuff at me, so I've only managed 351 words on my DDC since my last check in. New total: 5614

My grand plans for Kanera-vember kind of tanked. I'd shoot for Kanera-cember, but at this point, I don't want to tempt DRL :p

Master_Lok likes this.
  22. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    So in between Darth Real Life being so fragtastically brutal today, my Star Wars OC hasn’t shut up. Of course he decides to rewrite his messy existence from the story I wrote last month. I dunno, Word Race? Maybe if I could get my lazy tailpipe to my computer upstairs...

@Raissa Baiard hope that works for you. Keep on it.

Does this forum have Word Races throughout the year? I am going back to uni next semester so my ability to write will probably not exist, but this place has been so helpful in stoking my muse. Just wondering.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    Vek Talis likes this.
  23. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Only a few days left for NaNo. If you are close to or past the 50k, don't wait til the last day to verify your novel. The site gets very busy then and has been known to be real slow or crash. I usually tried to wrap things up by the 27-28th at the latest.

24. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Word counts updated.

You guys are doing great!! Keep at it!!

I've written more, but I have yet to figure out how much. I was writing on the subway on my phone the other day, the muse seemed to like that so I might have to keep trying to do it when it's not super crowded. There's no way I'm going to make my goal, but I knew it was lofty when I set it.

25. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Yeah, phone writing during commute etc. is great.

If I get more writing done on this story after DRL tonight, I may declare a second word count. Writing has been the only thing besides drawing in the last day that has eased the bs going on at home (my fault to boot). My lead is pretty much keeping me steady and calm, even though he’d rather be in combat and get drunk. I’d rather be in his scraps than my own. Though not drunk.:p

Happy writing everyone.