main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) 2018/ **Word Race November 2018**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Oct 9, 2018.

1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    It was the first time I'd ever written while commuting, I have no idea why. I think my default is just to read and it just didn't occur to me to write. I'm sure if someone looked over and saw what I was writing, they'd wonder what the heck I was doing because I was writing in 1st person from the POV of a 7 year old.

I'm sorry about the stuff going on at home, Master_Lok. [:D]

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Alrighty! And this morning's session put me just ahead of my goal at 28,743 words! [face_dancing] I'm going out of town for a few days tomorrow, so I will just have to find some free time to finish the little bit more I have left. I think I can do it. :D

That said, keep up the good work everyone! It looks like we have some folks writing even through DRL and Darth Writer's Block being the worst. Keep fighting the fight through the finish line. [:D]

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Now at exactly 4700... can I make this 5000 goal? Can I? Can I? [face_praying]

Always a joy to see the productivity flowing. Keep at it, good people! [face_dancing]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Yes, you can! Keep it up folks.

@mavjade
    That’s awesome. Let those people look.

You get used to the looks on the trains.

My generally writing O.T.T. bonkers stuff tends to keep wandering eyes in their heads.

Thanks for the well wishes = home. Things are working themselves through with my slip up -thank goodness- and just rolling with the situation that kick started the stupidity from moi.

I’ll see if my lead resolves another fine mess or not on the way home tonight.

Keep on going everyone.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  5. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    Just beat the clock, so to speak. Thankfully, I reached my goal this morning. I've written 101,969 words as of this morning. The muse has been run ragged, though I suspect I'll keep writing, just not as frantically and probably not every day, while I work out some future episodes in an over arcing story I'm writing.

Keep it up, everyone. You can reach your goals. :)

6. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I am still writing, bouncing from Star Wars to original characters (four stories). Thanks to this forum, and all you talented folks here for helping to inspire me and win a Word Race.

May you keep writing!

It was great fun. And I’d rather be hanging out with both my lead characters than anything else right now- but must get back to work.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  7. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I've been busy all day (but not productive on the things in which I need to do). Got home and tried to write, but the muse was just not having it.

My current (and likely final since I have stuff that I need to do tomorrow) is 19,690.

Honestly, I ended up getting like 85% of what I wanted to get done, done, so I am very happy with my end number (okay, I would have liked to have breeched the 20k mark, but the muse is not having it, but I'll see if I can squeeze 310 in tomorrow). I ended up busting my personal word race record by a lot, even though DRL did throw me some pretty big curveballs (a scratched cornea and a dissertation proposal due date).

8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Word counts updated

You still have some time, so keep at it everyone. Even if you aren't close to your goal, every word is closer than you were before!

9. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    So, I managed to sneak away from my company for an hour this morning and fulfill my word count goal just in the nick of time. 30,419 words is my total! Yay! :D

Good luck to everyone else racing for the finish line! You can still do it. [face_dancing] [:D]

10. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    Way to go @Mira_Jade !!! =D= [face_party] Way to go everyone who's reached their goal or at least gotten close, or beaten previous years' counts. [face_party]

11. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Congrats everyone for writing and meeting those goals.

Vek Talis and Findswoman like this.
  12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Also congrats to those who won! Just a few hours of NaNo left to go!

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Final total: 6,112 :)

Congratulations to everyone who stuck to the end of the month, however close you got to your goal. More writing's the main thing, and for us readers, more stuff to enjoy! =D=

14. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    This forum has been so inspiring to me this month. So thank you everyone. As @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha said above, more writing more treats for all of us. Yay!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  15. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    I guess I should post my final count: 3,376.

16. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Way to go, everyone! =D= Some very inspiring productivity here, from all of you, and whatever numbers were achieved in the end, as @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha says, it ultimately means more wonderful stories for all of us!

I managed 5227, so I basically just cracked my 5000-word goal. Sure, I would have loved to exceed it by a touch more than 200-some, but I think this is all right given all the other things that were keeping me busy this month too—that is why I set the goal low to begin with. :p But I got a good bunch done all the same, and am happy with what I got done—and that is the main thing. :)

17. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Added another 244 words on drabbles, final total: 5858 words, a little over half of my goal :p