main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) 2019!/November 2019 Word Race!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 17, 2019.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] =D=

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm up to 211, so... progress! :)

The numbers are updated

3. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Only 193 words today to bring me to a total of 4,449.

Mira_Jade and Findswoman like this.
  4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    My muse - and brain in general - has been weird the past few days. I'm either super productive or I don't even want to look at a computer screen (which tells me perhaps a weekend screen detox is what my mind wants). Still, I'm up to 4452. I'm thinking my 20k was probably waaaay too ambitious, but I plan to fail well :p

Word counts updated.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    72 more words today= 2,378

6. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
  7. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Great work everyone! Over 7000 words is amazing Jedi Lover!

I’m about to go peak drafting and marking period (next three weeks are hell) so I have no idea if I’ll even get close to finishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  8. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    With a one shot and some more one sentence stories, I wrote 1,252 words today for a grant total of 5,701. So close to achieving my goal I can almost taste it now[face_dancing]

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great steady progress everyone :cool:

With a challenge entry today, I shot past my goal and now have 2,717 as a total.

brodiew, Kit', mavjade and 3 others like this.
  10. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
  11. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    816 as of this morning. Getting my groove back, slowly but surely! :)

12. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    It's wonderful to see so many people finding their muses this month, even if it's just in relatively small increments! And yay! Congratulations @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha for reaching your goal! [face_dancing] =D=

For the last few days, DRL would only let me write sentences - which was a wonderful outlet, I'm certainly not complaining! But then I had a super productive morning today and was able to kick out another 3k for a grand total of 9,622 words. :D I'm feeling really good about that number!

The word counts have also been updated!

13. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Great to hear of your progress, @Findswoman and @Mira_Jade! Keep up the good work:)

I wrote a handful more one sentence stories today, bringing my grand total progress up to 5,858. Chipping away at that goal and believing I'll reach it soon![face_dancing]

14. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005

Good show on the writing, everyone! As you can see, April is in awe.

Personally, I have 2656 words. Still chipping away at the same story: yes, I did close the file for a while, but then I opened it up for work again. Yesterday was one of Those Days, when I labored on rewriting and rewriting the same paragraph (while it remained awful) but today was better.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  15. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    I've had a productive couple of days--1193 new words written, bringing my total up to: 2442. Holy cow, I have just over 500 words to go to meet my goal! :eek: How did that happen?

16. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Is it too late to join the party with a smaller goal?

17. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Totally stonewalled by writers block. No ideas and no momentum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    8513 so far. I have been busy with my work and some 12 hour shifts. I work today and tomorrow and then I have a week off. I hope I don't spend all that time diving into the Disney + vault.

19. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Am I able to retroactively count words posted in November?

Edit: I'm not sure what qualifies. Do our sentences in the one sentence challenge count?
    Okay, I don't know what I'm doing but I'm taking direction from OP and other that this is the jam.

I am setting a conservative goal of 7000 words given that this is my first time EVER doing this.

With 2 drabble sets and 2 ficlets and my one sentence contributions in SW and NSTFF, I am presently at 2,447.

Please let me know if I am counting the wrong words.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  20. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Wrote 661 words of a Han/Leia fic for the Monday Mush Challenge that isn't due until January, which brings my total to 6,519. That means I achieved my goal, and anything else I write this month is just gravy (which is fitting because Thanksgiving is coming up in the US). [face_dancing]

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Sorry to leave you without an answer for so long, brodie! But of course you can sign up late and retrospectively count words. This challenge is just to help encourage writing, so the more who participate the merrier! [face_dancing] You are counting correctly, too. All writing endeavours, including sentences, count.

I'll add your word count and update the index in just a few hours when I'm home from work, but I wanted to answer that without making you wait any longer! :D

22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Alrighty! As for myself, I was able to sit down and write a few hundred words today. I have eclipsed 10k with 10,721! So, yay! Slowly but surely . . . [face_dancing]

The index has been updated now, too! It's fantastic to see everyone chipping away at their goals. Even if you think you're stuck in a no-words rut (it's okay. @Kit' - muses can be fickle like that 8-}), hang in there and keep on keeping on! There's still plenty of November left for things to change. [:D]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  23. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Keep on trucking, you productive and inspiring people, you! [face_dancing] I think your productivity vibes must be finally rubbing off on me, because somehow I’ve managed to make it up to 2390! Maybe that original 5000 goal isn’t too far off after all—will have to see... [face_thinking] But anyway, that’s where I am, and I’m feeling pretty proud of it, if I do say so myself. :)

24. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hurrah for progress!!!

After a couple of days of being quite stubborn, my muse peeked out a bit this evening, bringing me up to 5255. My 20k goal is long gone, but I might be able to pull off my hopeful half that goal.

25. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    After a long chapter with a couple of very chatty characters, I wrote another 1476 words which brings me to 3918 words. :eek::eek::eek: