main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) 2019!/November 2019 Word Race!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 17, 2019.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Happy wriggles for all these wonderful totals, especially for those who had a slow start at the beginning @};-

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    10,158 words and still no plot. lol! And that is new words since the beginning of the month. Overall the story is almost 18K words with no plot. I am the Uber-Pantser.

3. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    3292 words.

It seems that, like Mary Tyler Moore, I'm gonna make it after all.

4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    With a new vig in Beyond, and a few sentences on both sides, I am now at 3,896!

5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Word counts have been updated.

I've got no new words, but I'm going on a plane tomorrow and that usually stimulates my muse for some reason. We'll see what happens.

6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    With a 592-word vignette posted the other day, I’m now at 2982! It feels good to be back in a bit of a groove, and I hope I can keep it up. :)

7. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    5040 words.

Goal now achieved. Time to go away from my desk and make some huckleberry muffins, because (cue the L'oreal ad of old) I'm worth it.

8. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    [face_party]Huzzah for meeting goals! (and for celebratory muffins!)

My muse has been kinda a butt lately but I had been just working on random things I really don't know will ever see the light of day. BUUUUT this evening, inspiration hit me in the bath and I just wrote a 477 word fic and it's possibly one of my favourite/best fics I've written in a VERY long time. Anyways, I'm up to 6586.

Word counts have been updated.

Kahara, Pandora, Mira_Jade and 2 others like this.
  9. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    I might have forgotten to mention it, but I did meet my goal of 6000+ words. [face_dancing]

10. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    19,196 but still no plot. Just a lot of talk and sex so far. lol!

11. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    Wrote 2022 words between my DDC and revising a story I'd been working on for the last OTP challenge. New total: 5940 words!

12. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005

5835 words.

Since I'm presently hand-writing (which allows me to write the roughest of prose, at least in theory), that count is a cautious estimate--so I may well have more words than that. It'll do.

ETA: 6380 words.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    Kahara, Mira_Jade and Findswoman like this.
  13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Word counts updated.

I have a few more words, but not very many. There were video screens on the plane so I watched movies instead of writing on my trip, and there was NO time while I was there. I did however get a SW bunny which is exciting! Now let's see if the muse wants to write it! (Ideas haven't been problems, getting them into words is.)

14. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I have 31,516. I had today off and wrote all day. I can't even remember what I wrote. Just about anything I thought of I typed out. I am going to spend a month just editing it. I don't know if I will make it to 50K. I only have two more days off from now until the end of the challenge.

15. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm up to 8234. My muse is still doing the whole on/off thing on me. While it should be fairly easy for me to reach 10k in the next few days, I'm not sure how realistic it's going to be. I also don't know how much off this will see the light of day, but I'm having fun.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  16. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    No numbers from me and I’ve given up on my goal. Drafting and marking (60 assignments tonight and another 60ish tomorrow) is a killer of everything,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devilinthedetails likes this.
  17. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Eugh, DRL had quite a few unexpected surprises for me this month. I still can't believe that it's the 26th already. When did that happen? :eek: :oops: 8-}

I was only able to write a thousand words or so on a few different WIPs and drivels over the last week, and I'm up to 12,313 words now. That's still quite a ways away from my lofty 30k goal, and, unfortunately, work is not going to let me write at all over the next few days. So, that's probably it for me for the month. BUT, that's better than what I've managed to write in quite some time now, so I'm happy enough! I'm still going to try and chip away at my goal through December, because I have stories to tell, and I need to get cracking. ;)

It's great to see all of the progress in this thread, though, both great and small. And for those who weren't able to be as productive as they may have wanted, I have a bit round of [:D] to offer. Here's to wordy muses for us all! [face_dancing]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  18. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    703 more words written on my current WIP, most in its final (epilogue) chapter, for 3685. Will I make 5000 by the 30th? Not likely, but with all that’s gone on this month I feel fortunate to have broken 2000. My main goal for the last few days of November is to finish this chapter (and this story).

19. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Apologies for the double post, but: with “Sparks” now finally completed, I’m now at 4259! :D

20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I am dying here. I am at 41466 words and only one day to go. I don't think I will make it. I mean, how many sex scenes can a story have? Answer: 14...there can be 14.

J/K

21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    My muse has gone missing over the past few days and tonight seemingly has been no different (I have ideas but no words are coming). I have a bunch of things to do tomorrow so my ending count will likely be 8,529. I'm kinda disappointed I didn't even make it half way to my goal, but I still wrote some stuff I'm very happy with.

22. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    1909 more words on my mushy one-shot, bringing my total to 7849 words! Not bad!

23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Almost there! Stay on target!

[​IMG]

EDIT: Got it. I had to go Rebel and write a couple more stories when my original story fell short.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  24. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005

words.

I wrote 65 of those in the last ten minutes, at the last minute, because I was thatclose to hitting 7000 words. It's 11:58 now, so that's that, and that's all for the month.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  25. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Congrats to all who participated in this event. If you wrote any words at all, you're officially a winner to me! =D=