main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) 2020 / November Word Race! - Ready ... Set ... WRITE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Mira_Jade , Oct 20, 2020.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  2. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    So I ended up writing 2,291 words tonight, which I think puts my total at 5,072, which is 572 words above my goal. So excited right now, especially after the way the month started.

Big hugs and congratulations to everyone who's accomplished their goals, or written anything at all, or shared encouragement and good vibes! May the words keep flowing through these last few days of November! [:D][face_love]

3. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Hello all! I new post in my NSWFF ficlet thread of 1690 brings me to a new total of 4,757!

4. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
  5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Reworked previous idea (though I could still use what I had for like a "prequel" vignette if I decide to. I'm still not totally happy with it, but it's holiday fluff so I'm not going to strain my feeble little muse over it) so I am now up to 14,574. So close!!!

6. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    4869 total as of this evening.

7. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I did it! 15,085!

Wrists were/are kinda hurting and I was generally feeling kinda blah all day today but I pushed through and met my goal (and I will probably regret that). I'm kinda disappointed that a majority of that is on a fic my muse just COMPLETELY up and left, but oh well. I stayed safe and sane for another month and thats the important thing, right?

8. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Did not do it. Got beat by marking, reporting and trying to run my faculty with no time given off.

Boo.

Hiss.

Congratulations to everyone who made it! Amazing work!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    IT'S THE LAST DAY OF NOVEMBER! Write your hearts out, everyone! It's so exciting to see everyone who has reached their goals, and everyone who gave it their best shot, as well! [face_love] [:D]

I myself am in that latter category. I sat down this morning and wrote as much as I could, and I am ending the word race at 16,894 words. Which is respectable enough, after what a whirl November has been. Even if it's only half of my goal, I am very pleased! 8-}

I am also updating the index now! Please, everyone, feel free to drop in and report with your final numbers! :D [face_dancing] [:D]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  10. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    4,869 out of 6,000 words goal is the total - I'm grateful to this thread for making me revisit a seven year old file [face_alien] and forge along with something postable! It did hurt to blast those extraneous OCs into oblivion, but I kinda liked doing it, too.[face_skull][face_devil]:redsaber: Kudoses galore to supporters and participants and mods.]-}

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  11. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    So, as it turns out, I just baaaarely managed my goal: my final count for November is 5057. The chapter in question is not yet by any means finished, but I feel proud of myself for getting this far on it during such a busy month. This word race really helped me build up some good momentum on this chapter that I’m hopeful will see me through to its end! Thanks to everyone here for your encouragement and positive energy over the course of this month—it’s meant the world to me. @};-

12. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    While I wish I had written 4870 words, I must be honest and write that my total was actually two thousand words short of that at 2870. That number hasn't changed--I didn't manage to write a single word today. I'm at a point in my novel-in-progress where I need to consider what my next moves/scenes will be, but I don't have another ongoing project I could easily switch over to in the last hour.

But I did write more than I did last month, so there is that.

Finally, congratulations to everyone who successfully wrote this month.

13. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Did a final count of all my words and ended up on 7274 words. So not as dire as I had thought it was.

14. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    My final count ended up being 10,901.

15. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    Wrote 518 words getting an idea out of my head, which cleared the way for a burst of writing on one of my WIPs for a total of 1127 new words! Final total 4228! :D:D:D

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  17. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    Added another 365 words, so my total stands at 2337, with two WiPs finished, a third almost at the finished draft phase, work done on a fourth, and another story started (couldn't resist the Holiday Tropes Challenge). I need another month like this in, say, January or February, when the weather around here is miserably and I have time to stay indoors and write. Oh, well....

Congratulations to everyone who finished, made progress, or at least gave it an honest try! [face_party]

18. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Two!!=D==D=

19. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Two!!=D==D=

20. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    I suppose I should check in with my total.......0. [face_blush]

See, I have this foster dog, and she's taking up all my time, and I didn't think I'd have her this long.....
    Normally I'd spare you my excuses, but I have decided that as soon as the dog goes to her forever home, I will give myself 30 days from that day to write 10,000 words.

Congrats to everybody else! Looks like a whole lot of words were written, that's awesome!! [face_party]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  21. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    A doggo is worth it. Their hearts are always the same giant size, no matter the outside shape of their wiggly bodies. Best of luck with her!

22. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Hey, just was wondering what the next step is for this thread. Will the counts be updated? I don’t suppose there are any colors to be won this time around, or just bragging rights (which is perfectly fine, too)? Just wondering. :)

23. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    The index has been updated with the final counts! There's no colors to be won or anything like that this time around - but those who did reach their goal got a bolded color in the index, with a special shout-out to our sole full NaNoWriMo champ, @Mechalich! But EVERYONE deserves a special round of applause, even if you didn't manage to write a single word and you simply thought about your plot bunnies. It was wonderfully encouraging to see the WIPs that were finished and the progress that was made, even to the surprise of some of the participating writers themselves!

So, let's kick off the obligatory gif party, and offer all of our fantastic writers a big ol' hearty congratulations for a job well done:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And all the hugs and congratulations possible from this galaxy far, far away for our fantastic community of writers! [face_dancing] [:D]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  24. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Thanks so much, @Mira_Jade! :) (And yay, Zebby gif! :D :zeb: )

Congratulations to @Mechalich for completing a full NaNo, and to all who met their goals--and well done to all who took part! A very good showing by all, and such a great opportunity for us to show support for each other! =D=

25. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    The month of November ends for writers and we partay!!! Come out to the light! In the words of my old Gran, "Quit reading and go play outdoors, pronker."

*mumbles* My gif skills are nonexistent.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020