main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) 2022 | November Word Race!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Mira_Jade , Oct 23, 2022.

1. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    I wrote words today! 2395, new total 6079. [face_party]

2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Got you updated, too! Fab work! :cool:

3. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    1759 words.

That's not too impressive, I know, but these particular new words were hard won.

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    On the contrary, that makes your total all the more impressive! I've updated your word count in the Index! :D

I'm in a similar boat myself. :p I'm only up to 3,907 words, but I have fought to earn every single one of them, so I'm extra proud of my total. [face_love]

5. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Every word written is impressive!

And with my latest fic I have reached my 5000 word goal for November![face_dancing]

Which is good because the holiday season always gets busy for me so hard to predict how much more time I'll have for writing this month.

6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Yay! [face_party] Congratulations on keeping on keeping on, @Pandora, @Mira_Jade, and @devilinthedetails. Every word counts, and every ounce of hard work you put into each of them counts! We see that and commend the heck out of you. =D=

I’m up to 3791 now—also hard-won. Still technically a touch ahead on my goal, but we shall see how long that lasts: I’m now grappling with Darth Covid on top of everything else and need to prioritize resting up. But whatever happens, I’ll cherish the good vibes and encouragement radiating from this thread! @};-

7. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Ouch, sorry to hear that, @Findswoman! :( Hope you feel better soon!

8. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Best wishes in your battle against Darth Covid, @Findswoman! [:D]

9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    With 350 words for the Angst challenge I am now at a total of 4560 words

10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Nicely done! I've added your new total to the Index. :D

As for myself, I managed to write another couple hundred words on my mod!challenge entry for a new total of 4,625. That's still a modest achievement compared to my goal, but I figured out how to use the word exsanguinate in my story, which is a win all its own. :p [face_mischief]

11. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    @Mira_Jade, that’s great! Every single bit counts, and it’s important to celebrate and acknowledge those writing triumphs that are not about word count—they’re still triumphs! (I’m waiting on tenterhooks to see what you did with that word! :D )

And I have now crossed the 4K mark myself: 4356, and my Mod!Challenge piece is in its home stretch!

12. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Like a picture is worth a thousand words, every exsanguinate is likewise worth a thousand words.

Good job being such productive writers, everybody!=D=

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
  13. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Up to 4528 now, and I’ve accomplished one of my personal writing goals for this Word Race month: wrapping up my Mod!Challenge story! Now I guess I have to find something else to write 500-some words on before the 30th! :D

14. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Had a surprisingly productive day, despite not feeling like I actually made much progress. :p New total is 8,911!

15. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    2989 words.

These latest words, like the previous hard-gained ones, have all been on my current (and since I lack the gift of multi-tasking, my only) progressing work, my mod!challenge story. Currently "Untitled." It's finally starting to get easier, which is good--because I have words and words to write still before THE END, and I would like to get there before the deadline.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
  16. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Way to go, you two! Got you updated. :) Let the productivity flow through you! (And Pandora, I’m the same way in terms of not being able to work on more than one story at a time, so I completely understand!)

17. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    After not being on the computer for several days to write, I made it to a total of 10,623.

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    With 500 words for my drabbles and 545 words for the angst challenge I made it to 5605 words

19. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    I completely messed up my rhythm by switching to editing and formatting mode on my mod!challenge and then adulting got the better of me for a while, but I'm back with 581 words for a new total of 11,188. Let's see how close I can get to my goal with only a week left :p

20. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    1186 words, new total of 12,374 :leia:

21. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
  22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Nicely done, all! The Index has been updated! [face_dancing]

I'm still keeping on keeping on at 5,814 words, but every word is one I didn't have before, so that's personally very exciting to see. :D

23. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    5422 words.

Still working on the mod!challenge story as the deadline looms ever closer over my head, and THE END remains off in the distance ahead of me. I think I might well be doing an old school all-nighter, undergraduate style, tonight...

ETA: 6176 words. Still not done, but it's 4:30 AM, and I need to sleep off the last of the sinus headache that attacked me this evening. That and I'm going to need every minute I can get tomorrow if I'm to finish this thing before the deadline strikes.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    With the angst challenge finished I am now at 7225 words total

25. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    7111 words.

And still not done. But I'm working on it.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022