main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I can't believe the Thunder got waxed last night by the Lakers. It shows the Thunders have different levels and don't always use...
    [​IMG]

But, yeah, considering how OKC plays against the Dubs and if the Thunder manages to land in the 8th spot in the playoffs, it might not be such a bad thing if the Warriors lose the number one seed to the Rockets.

DarthTunick and tom like this.
  2. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Russ didn't play last night homie

Sith_Sensei__Prime and tom like this.
  3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Awh, that explains it.

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Much like MJ in a Wizards uniform, or Karl Malone in a Lakers Uniform, Wade never looked right in a Bulls or Cavs Uniform. He belongs on the Miami Heat.

DarthTunick likes this.
  5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I might have cried at this:

6. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    They lost to the Lakers with Russ at home just a few days before playing the Warriors. This Thunder Fan is so ready for the All Star break. I need to not stress over can we beat a sub .500 team for a minute.

7. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    he may stay, but don't see how it's because of today's moves. he still has no fellow superstar to combat the Warriors with. he's gonna leave, he's done what he's accomplished in Cleveland, he wants more rings now and that isn't happening with the Cavs.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  8. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Curry’s mouth guard biting, does it annoy anyone else as much as me?

9. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Nah; got used to Kobe nawing at the top of his jersey, so I can't really criticize Curry for that.

[​IMG]

Of recent vintage, Odom & Howard's old numbers. :p

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    JEDI-RISING likes this.
  10. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    bulls lose!

11. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Damian Lillard scored 50 points in 29 minutes last night. The last NBA player to accomplish that feat? His teammate CJ McCollum, two weeks ago.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  12. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Shame they don’t have a front court

13. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Well that was a refreshing change of pace for the Cavs! I know it's a liiiiittle early to be excited but...

That game was so exciting!

14. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    The Cavs blowing out Boston, on Paul Pierce Day?

[​IMG]

15. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    THIS IS

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    My Dad mentions it every single time he sees it during a Warriors game. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
    It annoys me too but I don't need it mentioned every time it is seen on screen.

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    One game for the new guys, and a two (three?) game sample on my newest Cavs Crush, but excited for this team and how they look.

Cedi Osman - man, I'm loving this kid. It started in the Timberwolves game, then in the Atlanta game, and then again yesterday. He might go down as the best thing to happen from the locker room disaster that lead to the flurry of trades. If Crowder and Thomas perform as they were expected to, he probably never gets a chance. But, here he is, a young 6'8" talent who can defend four positions? I'm loving it.

Rodney Hood looks like he was designed to play next to LeBron. And, man, Larry Nance Jr. should have always been a Cavalier, shouldn't he?

tom, xblackout and Runjedirun like this.
  18. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Curious to see what happens after the All-Star break, which is when something always happens. Teams sometimes do a 180 turn and either explode or crumble, and then the standings change unexpectedly. Cavs have great upside now. They can go into the All Star break feeling good and energized, and the days off will give the new guys time to practice and get to know each other.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Speaking solely from a 76ers perspective, I hope, post-All Star Break, that the Eagles continue to attend games. I want them to go on the road with the team. "You just won the Superbowl! What will you do now?" was evidently answered with "I'm going to the 76ers game!". We have had a homestand since the Superbowl and multiple Eagles players have been at all of them... and we are an infinitely improved team. I went to back to back games on the weekend and we basically dismembered the corpse of the New Orleans Pelicans.

20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    ABC put a very nice tribute for "The Truth" before their pregame show. It was very cinematic and made Paul Pierce look like a secret agent man. I like how Jalen Rose took a crack on Pierce when interviewing on air asking him, "Did you get IT traded?" referring to the "pettiness" that Pierce demonstrated that IT would have received a tribute video from the Celtics on that day too if he were still a member of the Cavs.

Anyway, LeBron looked like a player reborn with the smiles and enthusiasm. He looks like a guy with a lot of hope heading into the final stretch of the season.

Listening to the commentators yesterday, it would appear that IT and Crowder didn't respect the pecking order and were challenging LeBron.

And like I said earlier, the biggest winner on the trading day deadline was Dwayne Wade. Miami loved having him back and he loved being back.

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Orlando outtanked Bulls something good in those last few seconds. Horrible lazy inbound followed by a ridiculously long missed 3. Well done Orlando.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    So, the Dubs probably had the longest 2017-18 Season, or it may feel that way by the team as they played in the NBA Finals last season, traveled to China to play some preseason games and the a week early start of this season and so, feeling that the players are really listening to him and not being fully engaged in recent game, Steve Kerr allowed his players to take over the team huddles during time outs.

Jared Dudley to ESPN on Steve Kerr allowing his players to coach. “It shows a lack of respect for an opponent, and maybe right now, we don’t deserve respect. When you keep getting beat by 40, teams won’t respect you. But it’s up to us to change that.”

In other news...
    A ‘House Party’ Remake Is In The Works, With LeBron James As Producer

23. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Just caught the end of that great Blazers/Warriors game and biggest takeaway is how much of a joy Bill Walton & Doris Burke are to listen to

24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  25. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    That was probably the best Valentine's gift I've ever gotten. The Blazers played a complete game, and didn't panic when Durant went into god mode.