main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    dirk!

lol dirk was in the nba when luka was born.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Horrible reffing on both sides during HOU-LAL. Awful.

DarthTunick likes this.
  3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000

Phoenix Woman Dunks On Suns Owner Robert Sarver At City Council Meeting

[​IMG]

4. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Apparently the Knicks only win overtime games. They only scored 16 in the first quarter, never expected that finish. Sorry for your luck @anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The Hornets, OTOH, never win overtime games. That said...it is the season, and they would have been more productive during the fourth quarter sitting in the middle of the court with wrapping paper and gift tags. Merry Christmas Knicks. Or Nick Batum decided he wanted to give away a game for his birthday.

It’s not too far off from last season, when the Hornets would run hard early in the game and completely check out in the fourth quarter.

Runjedirun and CT-867-5309 like this.
  6. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Highlight of the year is Dell taking out Fred

Point Given , DarthIntegral and tom like this.
  7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    How did the Knicks win that one?

Also MJ's reaction:

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't know after the first quarter I switched over to the Bucks/Cavs until that game hit halftime. The Heat/ Grizzlies game was competitive so I watched that a while and suddenly I noticed the Knicks were within one so I switched back. Almost went to double OT. Also Ntilikina and someone else got injured :(. A fluke win, most likely :(

Thunder unsurprisingly coming back to earth now that they have to play real opponents every night. And having two little girls at home hasn't chilled Westbrook any. I see he got in another altercation last night. At least tonight they tip off before my bedtime so I can watch them.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Let me count the ways I am not looking forward to the Lakers game tonight.

At least one of the local breweries is releasing a double fudge stout this afternoon. I’m going to need it.

10. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  11. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Who's chopping onions in here

Be careful if you're making soup we don't know where JR is

12. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    @anakinfansince1983 [​IMG]

"Good luck" today. :p I'll have to wait via my DVR sometime in the evening.

13. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Washington trades Oubre and Rivers to the Suns for Ariza. Grunfeld trying to save that job, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to be enough.

14. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

A 40-17 3rd quarter turned a close one to blowout city; LeBron & Lonzo’s triple doubles are the first by two Lakers since ‘82 (Magic & Kareem). Wow!

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Only the sixth time in NBA history two teammates have both recorded a triple double in the same game. Incredible

Add LeBron and Lonzo to this list

Ray Scott and Donnie Butcher
    Lenny Wilkins and Art Harris
    Magic and Kareem
    Bird and Parrish
    Kidd and Carter

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    If you or a family member suffer from being a bandwagon fan, please call 704-HORNETS. The symptoms are reversible and you can be cured.

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    LeBron doing his best to boost Ball’s trade value so they can run for AD ;)

18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I think New Orleans should really be concern with the Unibrow becoming an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year. Many NBA pundits feel AD is willing to leave the supermax deal on the table and go to a team that has a legitimate shot at a championship. And if the Lakers are interested in AD, they should start trade talks with the Pelicans now because the Celtics are current barred from making any trade proposals because of the trade to acquire Kyrie.

19. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    davis is signed through 2020 and has a player option for the 20-21 season. he will almost certainly decline the option and sign a new max deal somewhere, but the pelicans have time. the only way they would trade him now is if someone gave them the whole farm.

20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Needless to say, I'd love to see Davis on the Lakers.

Wish the Lakers were as motivated as John Wall yesterday (yeah, yeah, it was the 2nd of a back-to-back, but 5-1 was their record going into D.C., so...)... takes a little bit of the fun away from the LeBron & Ball show in Charlotte. Still, given how pleasant it is now in relation to the last 4-seasons, this dude abides.

21. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Russell wore these shoes again last night. There is nothing I want more right now especially when I see them close up and they are not just an awesome shade of green, there is pink on them too! =P~

[​IMG]

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  23. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Hoping the Pistons can get a win against the Wolves. Andre has never lost a match up against KAT, and his numbers against him are dominant. KAT's aren't too bad, but below his averages. Blake has dominated both Saric and Taj Gibson. Teague is out. Hopefully Stanley Johnson can handle Wiggins. My biggest concern is Derrick Rose, he's having a great year. Maybe he can get Most Improved. Vucevic is giving him competition for that award, though. So is Fox.

My award picks for right now.

MVP: Giannis
    Rookie: Doncic
    DPOY: Giannis (preseason I went with Kawhi winning both)
    Sixth Man: Sabonis
    Most Improved: Rose
    Coach: Tough one. Budenholzer.

I've underrated Nate McMillan as a coach. He's old school and he's great at all the little details. I like watching them play.

Nick Nurse has done a great job as well. So has Doc.

24. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    can you win a MVP and then a most improved years afterwards? is it literally from one season to the next? never actually thought about it, it's usually an award for players on the way 'up', as opposed to 'really up, really down, and up again'.

25. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    a few other leagues have a "comeback player of the year" award that covers that situation, because you're right - it feels odd to give a most improved award to a former MVP. A comeback player of the year award would make more sense, but I don't think the NBA has that one.

LloydChristmas likes this.