main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Looks like a four man draft this year, epic. The Duke 3, plus Ja Morant. Hopefully you get in that top four. Any of those guys should be good. If you get Morant, Dunn is on the next flight out.

epic likes this.
  2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    So, what you're saying is when the Knicks slip to fifth and draft Bol Bol, then don't sign the top-tier free agents and instead panic offer Max Salaries and long term deals to Demarcus Cousins and Kemba Walker, nobody should be surprised, and we should plan on setting up a Go Fund Me to provide emotional support for @Point Given?

3. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    ideally it would be Zion and a FA PG (Rose lol?). but if we don't get #1, then upgrading PG in the draft is definitely the pressing need. Dunn would be OK as a backup, if he's ready to accept he's not starting calibre.

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    The NBA is finally back on tonight after the All Star break.

So, hit Fergie!

[​IMG]

Runjedirun and tom like this.
  5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Here's my bold prediction for the 2nd half: the Lakers miss the playoffs, as the Kings nab the 8th spot in the West.

tom likes this.
  6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I wonder if the Lakers are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs with like 5 games left in the season would LeBron sit those games out.

And if the Kings finish 8th and the Dubs finish 1st in the West, that should be a fun shootout of a first round matchup.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  7. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    We are way too far off to really think about potential playoff matchup permutations, but a first-round series between the Jazz and Nuggets or one between the Thunder and Rockets looks really fun, too. And if the Sixers end up with the third seed, who ever finishes second between Toronto/Milwaukee is a fun series, too, in the second round. The East, really, should be fun all around this year in the playoffs. Pacers/Celtics in the first round with the winner getting the top seed? Heck yes, sign me up.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The Sports Illustrated cover curse is now operating on a high speed connection.

[​IMG]

The cover is not even on stands and Embiid is out a week to rest his knee before the stretch run.

9. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Big win at home vs Boston for the Bucks tonight. Fun game.

10. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Horrible final shot by Kyrie. Give it up.

Bullock's defense was basically unplayable in that first half. I can't believe he's the best perimeter defender they had in the starting lineup. They better have KCP or Lance on the court whenever Harden is.

Lebron doesn't look 100%.

Thought it was kinda dumb to leave Harden in the with two fouls in the 1st so he could pick up his third. You have Chris Paul on the bench. Put him in and let him run the offense for the rest of the quarter.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    @CT-867-5309 looks like the Pistons are in the 8th spot now?

I’m just hoping the game against the Warriors tonight doesn’t knock the Hornets down.

Runjedirun likes this.
  12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Zion gets hurt, Cavs win a game

Hmm ...

That's some 4-D chess being played there

13. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    the Suns really shouldn't be this bad.

14. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I think the Hornets play the Wizards tonight. Then Brooklyn tomorrow. Warriors on the 25th.

Thankful for Myke's Sixers beating the Heat. Gotta keep Miami and Orlando down. Orlando isn't just going to go away like I thought they would. Clifford has them playing hard, they're on a five game winning streak.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The entire series of events was not lost on me.

And, yeah, Orlando are just ferocious in their hanging in there.

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The way the Kings play against the Warriors last night and in their season series, I'm surprise they don't have a better record. Actually, I probably shouldn't be surprised considering they are a very young team with no real veteran leadership.

I guess LeBron did hit the switch and "activate his Wonder Twins playoff intensity mode" last night against the Rockets. And CP3 and Harden are upset with the officiating from last night's game.

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    James Harden could have the next thousand calls go against him and still have a hefty net "calls in his favor" rating

18. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    What happened to DeRozan at the end? Just gave away the ball.

Squirming in my seat watching the Pistons win over the Hawks. Gave up 70 in the first half. Pistons came out fierce, I don't know what happened, they blew some easy opportunities, they got on each other, got a bit negative. Looked like they were putting a ton of pressure on each other.

Bruce Brown has earned a nickname, the Public Defender. He's taken over Stanley Johnson's role as defensive stopper. He was doing a great job on Trae Young. Soon as Brown went to the bench, Trae started torching Reggie, and getting everyone easy shots. Hawks were making everything, Pistons missing open threes, per usual. Reggie took it personally, things got really feisty, lots of trash talk, Reggie got cooking to bring them within 2 at the half.

Pistons came out well in the second half, took control. Then **** happened. Dedmon fell out of bounds with the ball in his hands, easy call, ref called it. He held on to the ball in protest. Reggie went to take it from him to inbound it and get in transition, but Dedmon refused to give up the ball, and a tussle ensued. Should have been a delay of game on Dedmon at the very least, it was obvious, he refused to give up the ball, but he got nothing, and Blake got a tech for...I don't know what. Two minutes later, Blake nails a three, trash talks Vince Carter on the bench...gets a second tech, and ejected. What. A tech for trash talking a player? Instant momentum shift. The Pistons were up 11 at that point. VC, fired up by trash talk, hit a 30 footer to cut the lead to 5 at the end of the third.

Hawks could feel the comeback. Pistons were running out of offense, couldn't stop the momentum. Brown took a huge screen, got knocked down, wasn't the same after that. Ran out of energy, couldn't lock down Trae Young, who got hot again. Brown is really strong, but he's a rookie, I think he still needs work on his gas tank. Once the Hawks took the lead late, I thought it was over. Once you give up the lead late like that, it's hard to get it back. Hawks up by 5 with like two minutes to go, after some frustrating plays. Pistons locked down defensively in the final minute. Reggie went back to being the closer, getting buckets and free throws. On the Pistons last real possession, it looked terrible, Reggie dribbling into trouble on the baseline, almost out of bounds. Passes to Thon Maker, who hesitates, and put up a three...and swished it. Once he hesitated, I thought he'd miss. New guy gets the win.

Andre had a 20-20 game, now has 7000 rebounds. Second fastest to 7000 in NBA history, behind only Dwight Howard.

Nerve-wracking game. I used to bite my nails as a kid, and I had to dig in to my chair to keep my hands out of my mouth. Pistons playing like they want to make the playoffs. Wish it was an easier win, they have to play Miami tomorrow. At least Blake left the game early? Andre, Reggie, and Brown looked tired, though.

Hornets got the win, too, and Chicago beat Orlando! Thanks, epic. Hopefully the Pistons can pay you back by handing you a few more losses.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    You were right, and I shouldn’t post before coffee.

If the Hornets beat the Nets, we clinch the number six spot.

Runjedirun likes this.
  20. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I'd like to avoid the Bucks in the playoffs. So. Whatever spot that would be.

Now let's get a Thunder win tonight. Everyone's team gets a win! You get a win, you get a win....

Edit: Still can't get over that play by DeRozan. Did he trip on his shoelace? He laced them up afterward. Or did he just, you know, choke. He was having a good game, too. Had a step on that final drive, but gave it up.

Russ is shooting well tonight.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    Runjedirun likes this.
  21. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Wow, great game. PG with a rainbow floater that went about as high as the shot clock at the end of double OT. They better get to bed, they have to play Sacramento tomorrow. Adams looked completely out of gas.

OKC hasn't been as consistent defensively as they were earlier in the season. I think somewhere around the midpoint of the season they started trying to outscore opponents. They still get a lot of deflections and steals, but are giving up a lot more penetration, open shots, and easy baskets.

Runjedirun likes this.
  22. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I went to bed at halftime. When the play-offs come I'll drink coffee during games, but for now I know my rest is important and League pass will let me watch all the excitement later today and there won't be any nervousness of "OMG what if we lose this game?" I was totally excited about Russ's 20 points in the first half last night. Not happy it went to double OT knowing they play tonight. And yes OKC has improved offensively especially their 3 point shooting, but now their defense is lacking. Wouldn't it be nice if we could have both.

CT-867-5309, tom and DarthIntegral like this.
  23. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Wow, so I just watched the whole game, Russ had what 6 3's? Crazy! And he and Ferguson fouled out and somehow we still won! Paul George is definitely making a showing for MVP. I heard Harden might not play tonight, all those games of ISO ball catching up with him so soon? I saw him getting his shoulder worked on during a game before all star break. If he is sore and Houston is going to make the play-offs he better get some rest. If he doesn't play or isn't near 100% I kinda see tonight's ABC game as a GS blow-out. I plan to watch the Thunder/Kings game on my laptop and that game on my tv. Unless or until one becomes uninteresting.

LloydChristmas, CT-867-5309 and tom like this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Ugh, that ending was bull****. Kemba was fouled by LeVert right at the one-second mark. I’m hoping the Hornets at least hold onto their #7 spot.

D’Angelo Russell can run the ball though.

25. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Pistons get the win, as the bench actually outscored the starters by quite a bit. Great games by Ish, Kennard, and Galloway, with 56 points between them.

We have a lot of back to backs still to go.

Runjedirun likes this.