main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NCAA Basketball - Atlantic Coast Conference

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Rogue...Jedi, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I know we've got at least a few people around who really keep up with ACC Basketball, particularly Duke and UNC, but the other teams as well.

Myself, as anyone who posted in the JCC thread knows, I'm a Duke fan (and South Carolina, but thats in another thread). I've really liked how they've looked so far this season, got a ton of good young talent, I just hope we can keep them all for as long as possible. Pretty deep rotation, too, compared to recent years, with Paulus, McRoberts, Nelson, Scheyer, Zoubek, Thomas, Henderson, McClure, and Pocius all likely to see significant minutes and Boykin seeing some time off the bench as well.

Also watched the UNC-Winthrop game last night, Winthrop was quite impressive and gave UNC a run for their money, but talent won out in the end. Although I was talking to a friend at Winthrop last night after the game, and she was talking about how Martin (WU player who lit UNC up in the 1st half before running out of gas) was also a good actor and dancer, kinda found that interesting.

And I'm actually glad for OPPM for once, prevented me from accidentally posting this without a body :p

2. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    ACC Final Standings:

1. UNC
    2. Virginia
    3. Maryland
    4. Virginia Tech
    5. Boston College
    6. Duke
    7. Georgia Tech
    8. Clemson
    9. Florida State
    10. NC State
    11. Wake Forest
    12. Miami

3. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Wow, I'd forgotten I'd ever created this thread.

And I probably shouldn't point this out, but technically Duke and GT should be switched on that, as GT gets the tiebreaker, at least as far as seeding goes and presumably overall.

Disappointing season for Duke, but the talent is there, and should benefit greatly from not losing any seniors, and getting 3 top notch recruits next year that will help their depth.

First up is the ACC tourney, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.