main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Need A Composer!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by VaderBoyee, Jul 3, 2022.

1. VaderBoyee

VaderBoyee Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 9, 2021
    [​IMG]
    I need a fan composer to do a job for me!

I currently am doing a massive fan project to restore older fan films called Masterworks, to be released either in 2023 or 2024 (dates are set for the latter, but it'll probably be in 2023).

The films are:

• Duality
    • Contract of Evil
    • Seeds of Darkness
    • Revelations
    • Knightquest
    • Rogue
    • Broken Allegiance

All I need is a THEME SONG. Is anybody willing. I am not paying anyone, because I currently haven't spent any money on the project.

Do NOT compose the theme until you tell me you're interested! I will give you directions on what I want.

You must have a YouTube channel to participate.

Click here for more information.

Is anybody willing?!

2. mortegae

mortegae Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2022
  3. VaderBoyee

Oct 9, 2021
    Thank you! You were the one I wanted!
    Here are my directions:
    1. Go compose a theme song for the series. No less than four minutes. I want something similar to the Obi-Wan Kenobi theme and Binary Sunset, you know, sad and contemplative. Of course, no EXACT cue lifting, cuz we don't want a lawsuit on our hands!
    2. Go post the theme on your YouTube channel. Please include this link in the description: https://jedisabacc.blogspot.com/p/masterworks.html
    3. Come back here and give me the link to the video, which I will then put on the Masterworks page.
    Soon, I will have a prototype version of the intro with your theme on it. Also, how would you like your name said in the credits? Thank you again!

mortegae likes this.
  4. mortegae

mortegae Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2022
    Consider it done! ;-)
    I' be thrilled to join this project! Is it OK if I use the logo for the video on my channel?

You may credit me as "mortegae" (All in small caps, please, and if you feel satisfied whith the final product, you may use the James Fajardo font for the name.)

VaderBoyee likes this.
  5. VaderBoyee

Oct 9, 2021
    You can use the logo! But remember the link in the description! And then come back HERE!

When I make a proto-credits I'll let you know!

mortegae likes this.
  6. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Good luck!!

mortegae likes this.
  7. mortegae

mortegae Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2022
    Hello there! I have both a 35secs. stand alone intro & a 2 minutes theme finished (need to revise the orchestration though) but I find them pretty satisfying.
    Since you need 4 minutes in length, I'll need to use the Force a little more, but we are in a good way. I'll get back to you soon ;-)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
    VaderBoyee and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  8. mortegae

mortegae Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2022
    @VaderBoyee
    So here it is!!! Hopefully, it meets your needs. :)
    Currently, the video is unlisted until you give me your approval. Please let me know your thoughts!
    Is it OK if I do start sharing the theme on my digital platforms?

9. mortegae

mortegae Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2022
    @VaderBoyee , please use this link. I disabled the previous one due to minor changes in audio quality. So this is the good one. ;-)

Deadgobahsystem and VaderBoyee like this.
  10. VaderBoyee

Oct 9, 2021
    Great! Thank you! Stay in touch!

mortegae likes this.
  11. mortegae

mortegae Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2022
    So it's a GO, then?

VaderBoyee likes this.
  12. VaderBoyee

Oct 9, 2021
    Yep!

mortegae likes this.
  13. mortegae

mortegae Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2022
    I just produced another take with a FAR better-sounding mix and slight orchestration changes...
    Hope you like it. If you are to release any promo material soon, I'll wait to make them public for you to lead the release. Let me know your plans, please :)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
    VaderBoyee likes this.
  14. VaderBoyee

Oct 9, 2021
    Very good, but currently your original score is the public one. The second one will be later. A teaser will be made in the coming week...I hope!

Here's your mention: https://jedisabacc.blogspot.com/2022/08/masterworks-gets-scoreand-more-81722.html

mortegae likes this.
  15. mortegae

mortegae Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2022
    Thanks a lot for your kind words! I`ll give you tomorrow another take lasting 45 secs. just in case it helps as bumper for further uses.

VaderBoyee likes this.
  16. mortegae

mortegae Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2022
    At last! THE FINAL VERSION. Sound quality and french horn solos seriously improved. Please use this one.
    I'm adding two alternate intros, in case any of those can be of use for the project.

And the INTROS:

Hope you like all of them!

Eager to watch your teaser! :)

VaderBoyee likes this.
  17. VaderBoyee

Oct 9, 2021
    Very good! V3 will be the final version. I have the audio for the other two saved already.

An intro demo with your theme has been made. It was made by me, so it is a bit crude, so by no means final (I'll probably get a professional intro guy to do it). I have a bit of Knightquest's beginning added to it for effect. It's here on the Masterworks page: https://jedisabacc.blogspot.com/p/masterworks.html

I have no idea when it will come out. I had estimated 2024, but it may even be next year. I've got to get more publicity first, because I don't want to release a bunch of restorations to no fanfare and get only twelve views for each livestream. If you can advertise it at all, please do!

Taylor Neir and mortegae like this.