main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters Need help creating/purchasing lightsaber prop & Jedi robes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by TylerS, Sep 2, 2014.

1. TylerS

TylerS Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2014
    Hello, I'm making a Star Wars mini-series, and I would like to know of any way to create cheap lightsaber fighting-props for prop-fighting training, and then a movie-prop for filming scenes. I have tried all the links in the FAQ on this site and the RyanVSDorkman page, and most if not all of them are broken. I would appreciate any and all help available!

2. TylerS

TylerS Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2014
    Bump!

3. DarthSingh

DarthSingh Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2014
    I actually make & sell costumes as well as lightsabers. What do you need particularly? I can send you pictures of what I have accordingly TylerS

4. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Jedi robes are actually a great project to learn how to sew, if you're so inclined. There are some really great tutorials on the Rebel Legion's website:

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29112

Lightsabers can be either purchased or built from hardware. If you're interested in building one, I can connect you with a guy who loves building them, and loves helping people with it. :)

5. Master Valon

Master Valon Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 19, 2012
    Hey there! I'm the guy DWH mentioned. :) I can definitely help you out with the sabers. With a little creativity and know-how you can make a really good looking saber out of hardware parts and they look great for mid shots/ stunts. And I could help you with making a sweet hero for any close ups you might want to do. If you're gonna rotoscope a blade on them in Adobe or something I'd recommend not installing light effects, because it's easier to just use neon gaff tape on a rod or something equivalent to use in post. Although it does look good if there's a real light in-camera spilling onto the actors/environment from an actual lit blade. In either case I could help with the installation of electronics as well! Just PM me with your details if you want, like your budget, how many stunts/heroes you'd need, etc...