main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

need help finding somthing

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Sith-Man, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith-Man

Sith-Man Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 19, 2004
    ok... I've been searching for some time now, and I decided to ask for help finding what I need...

What I'm searching for is a free loop based program that alows you to do a number of things.

I need to be able to use it to create my own music, import music and edit it, and record somthing that I play on a keyboard that's hooked up to my computer...

I've found a number of good programs that would allow me to do this, but they are all ranging from $200 through $600, and i don't have any cash at the moment...

here's an example of what kind of program I'm looking for.

If anyone may be able to help me I would be greatfull...

-Jacob "Sith-Man" Sheppard

2. Sith-Man

Sith-Man Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 19, 2004
    *bump*

so... is that a no?

3. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    I really don't know exactly what you are looking for, but you get what you pay for.

If you buy a new Mac, you'll get Garage Band bundled with most of them.

4. Jedi-Washington

Jedi-Washington Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    Oooh, I know just what you want. Cubase LE is what I have. It's what we call a sequencer or audio recording program. I got mine with an external sound card I got (Tascam us-122 usb audio/midi interface). It has two microphone ports, two guitar lines, and two insert lines for recording. Just plugs in USB, but I got this sweet program with it. The cubase program is just as good if not better than Sonar. but you'd have to buy something like this to get it, as LE is only a software bundle program, as in it only comes with other things, not by itself.

Anyway, you'll have no luck finding anything like this for free. They are expensive because they are like the photoshop of the audio world. They can do just about anything you want them too, and are customizable to the point where you can do anything if you know a thing or two about sound. So you're not going to find anything worth your time for free, unfortunately, especially for what it sounds like you're doing (MIDI work I assume). You'll have to save up and get something that might be expensive. Sorry I can't offer anything more than that. Look for "Freeware audio editing" or something of the like on google and you might find something.

One thing I do notice though, is they suck up CPU's, so have a good computer behind it, especially a sound card.

~JW

EDIT: Just as a By the way, if you can get your hands on an academic version, they are considerably cheaper. If you have a teacher or a student you know, you might be able to get one through them...but I didn't tell you that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.