main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Need Living Homeless Tips

Discussion in 'Community' started by NorCalBirdz, Aug 16, 2018.

1. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    Hello all,

I'm about three Motel 6 night fares from being homeless. Has anyone here ever lived homeless and have any tips for doing so? Serious replies only, please.

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Do you have a taun-taun?

3. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I worked at a couple of homeless shelters in NYC and DC when I was living there so I can help with that aspect, plus further options though I probably won't be able to help with the actual living on the street part of it. What questions do you have?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  4. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    Just...are there any street culture customs I should be aware? Don't do X, Don't Sleep at Y...etc.

5. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Your best bet is to get to a shelter. If you have a job there are areas in shelters that are designed for those who have jobs and will take care of your posessions so you don't have to worry about that when you're working.

If you have to live on the streets, your best bet is to link up with a tent city so you can sleep in peace. Though to be honest I wouldn't have the first idea of where to start looking.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  6. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Ask around for where there are food vans operating as that helps with food.

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Are you eligible for any benefits (i.e. unemployment, welfare)? If you don't know, you should find out. Is there a local agency you could talk to? Are you a member of a church or other religious institution that could help? Do you have a friend who'd let you stay on a sofa or in a spare room?
    If you are ex-military could you talk to someone in your branch of service?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    Sarge likes this.