main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Need reliable information about the Chiss Empire for my fanfic. Please help.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jedi_Anakin_Solo, Dec 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    I was writing a FanFic that prominantly features the Chiss, and I was hoping that someone in this forum knew a lot about them or knows of a good website to go to to find information about them. I would really be grateful to anyone who can help.

2. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    If you want to look up some info on the Chiss, go here. It's TF.N's encyclopedia--just type in 'Chiss' and see what comes up. I had to look up info on the Chiss for my fic, and here's one of the things it gave me for 'Chiss.'

Chiss

this race of blue-skinned humanoids was from the planet Csilla, in the Unknown Regions. Their homeworld was locked in a planet-wide ice age many millennia ago, and they were forced to flee the planet as a species in order to survive. They are all well-muscled and tall, with jet black hair and glowing red eyes. While their history has been marked by nearly continual warfare and conquest of other worlds, the Chiss are generally not violent. They prefer to extend themselves only from a defensive posture, and viewed the idea of a pre-emptive strike against an enemy as if it were murder. Within Chiss society, children matured very quickly, never truly having an adolescent period before becoming adults. Many of the scientists at the Astrographic Survey Institute believed that the Chiss were among the first races to come in contact with the Yuuzhan Vong, some fifty years before their initial invasion. They theorized that the Chiss understood the Vong's military power, and began augmenting their own war machine to prepare to repel an invasion fleet. Unfortunately, the Chiss remained isolated in the Unknown Regions, and wouldn't allow contact with the New Republic after the Battle of Ithor. (VOF, DTR, HT, SWG5 <javascript:getSource('VOF,DTR,HT,SWG5')>)

Hope that's of some help! :D

3. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    BTW: Does anyone have any reliable information about the Chiss military? Specifically information their ships and fighters would be very helpful.

4. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    i'd say go to lit with that question. that's where I always go! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.